PDA

View Full Version : Kampengphet

November 22nd, 2006, 18:34
I am thinking of making a side trip to Kampengphet on my coming trip to Bangkok. Does anyone here knows which bus station I need to get to go there. What about this place? Anything interesting to see and also any nice accomodations to recommend. Many thanks.

November 22nd, 2006, 23:40
I went there several years ago, not much to do at night and no gay bars so it's a case of byob (bring your own boy) The hotels are cheap and quite boring but THE thing to see is the historical park with lots of ruined temples including the famous "Giacometti" Buddhas.

November 23rd, 2006, 01:57
From bus terminal BKK airport take a bus (35 TBT) or Taxi (about 300 TBT) to Mor Chit 2. This huge bus station is serving mostly the central, northern and northeastern part of Thailand. Busses running mor eor less hourly towards Kamphaeng Phet. Take the VIP bus, should be less than 300 TBT one way incl. food at one stop, takes about 5 hrs and is fairly comfortable.

The Tree J Guesthouse is a fine choise. The owner, Khun Charin will pick you up at the bus station. He can tell you ALL about Kampheng Phet you want to know. His guesthouse is a selection of pleasent and clean bungalows. Food is around. Location is not totally central but within easy access (less or about 1 km) to most point of interests (including the cruisy historical park). You can rent motorbikes there too. phone: 05571 3129). Rates might be around 300 to 400 TBT per night.

Near the municipal market (cruisy) is the Phet Hotel located. It is also a good place to stay; clean, comfortble and well-maintained. The signs might be in Thai only but any TukTuk-driver will know. phone: 05571 2810. rates between 600 to 800 TBT per night.

My advise for any place in Thailand:
1. Choose the most handsome and friendly somewhat English speaking tuktuk-driver to take you to your choosen place but ask him for his mobile phone number. Use him frequently to take you around. You can ask him about anything and everything you like about gay Kamphaeng Phet. If he doesn't know promptly just ask him to pick you up later at your place and take you around for a tour (at a fixed price). Don't be shy to invite him to a drink or so. If he doesn't know at the first glimpse he will surely find out all about you want and can advice you accordingly. And probably he will bodyguard you even from a distance just in case. Be patient, smile a lot. Show respect and don't overpay him. Some tipping is OK and a beer is usually always welcome - and you will make new friends through your new friend.
2. Look for an nice barber shop - and maybe his clientele. Just invest about 50 to 80 TBT into an haircut plus 20 TBT tip if you are generous and ask the barber friendly but not in an offending way about gay or gay friendly places. He knows them all, even he is not gay.

Just do it! You wil love it. Ohh yess .

November 23rd, 2006, 01:57
From bus terminal BKK airport take a bus (35 TBT) or Taxi (about 300 TBT) to Mor Chit 2. This huge bus station is serving mostly the central, northern and northeastern part of Thailand. Busses running mor eor less hourly towards Kamphaeng Phet. Take the VIP bus, should be less than 300 TBT one way incl. food at one stop, takes about 5 hrs and is fairly comfortable.

The Tree J Guesthouse is a fine choise. The owner, Khun Charin will pick you up at the bus station. He can tell you ALL about Kampheng Phet you want to know. His guesthouse is a selection of pleasent and clean bungalows. Food is around. Location is not totally central but within easy access (less or about 1 km) to most point of interests (including the cruisy historical park). You can rent motorbikes there too. phone: 05571 3129). Rates might be around 300 to 400 TBT per night.

Near the municipal market (cruisy) is the Phet Hotel located. It is also a good place to stay; clean, comfortble and well-maintained. The signs might be in Thai only but any TukTuk-driver will know. phone: 05571 2810. rates between 600 to 800 TBT per night.

My advise for any place in Thailand:
1. Choose the most handsome and friendly somewhat English speaking tuktuk-driver to take you to your choosen place but ask him for his mobile phone number. Use him frequently to take you around. You can ask him about anything and everything you like about gay Kamphaeng Phet. If he doesn't know promptly just ask him to pick you up later at your place and take you around for a tour (at a fixed price). Don't be shy to invite him to a drink or so. If he doesn't know at the first glimpse he will surely find out all about you want and can advice you accordingly. And probably he will bodyguard you even from a distance just in case. Be patient, smile a lot. Show respect and don't overpay him. Some tipping is OK and a beer is usually always welcome - and you will make new friends through your new friend.
2. Look for an nice barber shop - and maybe his clientele. Just invest about 50 to 80 TBT into an haircut plus 20 TBT tip if you are generous and ask the barber friendly but not in an offending way about gay or gay friendly places. He knows them all, even he is not gay.

Just do it! You wil love it. Ohh yess .

November 23rd, 2006, 16:46
Thanpunying n TTtom... many thanks for your help.

November 23rd, 2006, 17:59
Don't be worried if you go on your own. You will find someone quickly if you like, most likely at the Phet Hotel pub or Eagles Pub at Thanon Mamrungrat. Disco pubs around 23 h are always good, just smile and cruise. Phayao cafe is good too. Ther ell clusteres together. Bus station is about 1, km away from city centre but also good sometimes, sit somewhere and check who is going in and out the toilets ...

Have a stroll at the night food market near Thaonon Wijit or along the banks of the river Ping. Restaurant Phae Rim Ping is also somewhat popular between 20.30 and 22.30 hrs, and they have more along Thanon Thesa.

Don't be afraid. Just relax and enjoy the time there.

November 23rd, 2006, 18:41
ttom... you sound like you are a regular there. Earlier you mentioned I got to go to mochit2 to get bus... mochit has got 2 bus terminal? Many thanks to you again. Yes, I will smile at everyone there... haha and I would most probably be mistaken for some nuts !! Thanks!

November 23rd, 2006, 18:50
ttom... you sound like you are a regular there. Earlier you mentioned I got to go to mochit2 to get bus... mochit has got 2 bus terminal? Many thanks to you again. Yes, I will smile at everyone there... haha and I would most probably be mistaken for some nuts !! Thanks!

Sorry:
Morchit 2 is the new (est) and only bus station serving the northern part of Thailand. Everybody in and aroudn BKK knows Morchit 2 (in Thai: morchit song). There is no other anymore.

I travel a lot, yes.