PDA

View Full Version : Departure charges at the new airport

November 21st, 2006, 19:35
.... have these been abolished now and including in your air ticket, or do we still have to pay them at the airport and if so how much

bao-bao
November 21st, 2006, 20:51
It was still required when I left 3 weeks ago - Bt500.

Seems like there's been some talk here recently about it being included in the ticket price at some point in the future.

November 21st, 2006, 21:24
Still taken in cash -- 500 baht -- for now.

November 21st, 2006, 21:42
The last I heard it is still 500 baht cash on departure and from February 2007 it goes to 700 baht but is to be incuded in the ticket price.

November 21st, 2006, 21:53
my travel agent says that Thai Air have sent them an email saying to include in ticket price, so it looks as if the charge will not be required anymore when departing bkk. Or certainly the case when I fly there in a couple of months time.

jinks
November 21st, 2006, 23:00
Don't forget the local departure tax at Koh Samui.

Bangkok Air own the airport and add tax to every departure.

atri1666
November 21st, 2006, 23:20
I have tickets for february and april and they told me on the bill the 700 baht are included-in january i must pay the 500 baht.

November 22nd, 2006, 03:02
I just gave a ticket to someone using my points for the March-April period and UA didn't charge Thai departure tax but they did charge Singapore departure tax

April 10th, 2007, 12:53
.... have these been abolished now and including in your air ticket, or do we still have to pay them at the airport and if so how much

I just flew out and no tax was collected at the Airport, so it must be included in the tax on the tickets.

At my condo the staff arranged for a relatively recent model taxi and gave instructions that he use the meter. As soon as he was out of their sight the driver offered a fare of B300 which from where I was seemed very reasonable. The staff had estimated B400. Then I was touched twice for tolls B65 in all. MPR.

I'm guessing that the low negotiated price is because the driver can pocket the B300 being on some kind of deal related to his meter?

Deeply unimpressed with the new airport, especially poor signage; party of six Sikhs sharing a hot curry in the Silk Lounge next to the computer booths and gates that look like a set from "Brazil" or "1984".

April 10th, 2007, 13:29
I flew out on Tiger Airways about a week ago, and I had to pay 700 baht at check-in. Guess it wasn't included in the fare (Tiger is a budget carrier).

TrongpaiExpat
April 10th, 2007, 13:31
Depends where your condo is in Bangkok, but 400B is a little high, 300B closer to the meter price. Generally when they refuse to put on the meter not only does the fare go in the driver's pocket, they usually try for for a lot more than the usual meter price.

Riding to the airport in a metered taxi without the meter you run the risk of being stopped by the police. I was told by one driver the fine is 1000B. I hope that means the driver pays that? He may have found a way to shut off the red light so it appears the meter is on.

I never get in a taxi unless the meter is put on. I have had a few refusals to make the trip to the new airport and other's that want an extra 40B for the trip calling it a surcharge to the airport.

April 10th, 2007, 18:29
I hope that means the driver pays that? He may have found a way to shut off the red light so it appears the meter is on.

Clearly he hadn't as someone tried to wave him down on the way to the expressway. Interesting to hear about the B1000 . I do wonder if the passenger might get touched for it. I wonder if anyone here has experienced it.

My condo is near Lumpinee, btw, not far from Vincent's excellent Thai-Chi restaurant.

neddy3
April 11th, 2007, 06:22
I flew out during March from Suwarnaphumi and did not have to pay 700 B.
In fact the booths which used to sell the departure tax coupons were gone.
So now, either the tax is included in the ticket price (which is what I had expected), or going by boygeenyus' comment, collected by the airline at check-in.

kodiak
April 11th, 2007, 06:48
When i bought my ticket with thai Airways....they quoted me one price...then charged a bit more....and i wondered what it was for........?? Did not have to pay anything at airport coming back.....!!

and that Loft restaurant upstairs is a major rip off...and dont recomend to anyone...

April 11th, 2007, 06:56
and that Loft restaurant upstairs is a major rip off...An airport restaurant is a rip-off? Surely not?

April 11th, 2007, 07:10
and that Loft restaurant upstairs is a major rip off...and dont recomend to anyone...

It's the airport's flagship upscale restaurant. If you're looking for some cheap grease, there's always Burger King.

francois
April 11th, 2007, 09:48
If the departure tax is not included in your air fare then the 700 Baht will be collected by your airline at the check in counter.

April 11th, 2007, 12:16
that Loft restaurant upstairs is a major rip off

Hardly justifies six Sikhs having a curry picnic in the Royal Silk Lounge* - Amazing Thailand indeed.

*the canapes were excellent but they should do some wine.

Marsilius
April 16th, 2007, 12:18
I flew from the new Bangkok airport to the UK on Saturday 14 April. When I went to the booth to pay the departure tax, it was still there (and with a person inside) - but a notice on the window said that it was no longer necessary to pay the tax. I went straight through with no problem.

April 16th, 2007, 18:07
Just paid for a return ticket UK-BKK-UK (travelling in next 4 weeks) with THAI and they have confirmed to me in writing that the passenger service tax has been included in the price of the ticket.

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 16th, 2007, 19:26
"Just paid for a return ticket UK-BKK-UK (travelling in next 4 weeks)"

sounds about the right time to head north.

April 16th, 2007, 20:49
"Just paid for a return ticket UK-BKK-UK (travelling in next 4 weeks)"

sounds about the right time to head north.
Sorry to disappoint you. I'll be in Surin, then Phuket. Can't make Pattaya this time!

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 16th, 2007, 22:21
phew. :sunny:

I'm so overjoyed I'll wish you a happy holiday. :thumbup:

April 17th, 2007, 14:10
phew. :sunny:

I'm so overjoyed I'll wish you a happy holiday. :thumbup:
khawp khun maak khrap