PDA

View Full Version : farang

GWMinUS
November 18th, 2006, 22:24
This is very frightening thing to endure!!!
And you are complimented for taking a chance to help the older Farang.
I would suggest you contact the police and tell them what happened.
Probably no good, but then...
And NAME the place where this occurred. I am upset that the staff did not intervene!!
It is their responsibility to see that their customers are not subjected to this type of attack!!
Again you did right, and are to be complimented for stepping in to help!!!

Geezer
November 18th, 2006, 22:30
This is an aspect of the Plaza I have not seen discussed before. The Plaza is ruled by a gang of boys led by a thug with a wooden club who strides authoritatively about his territory followed by his acolytes. Ruled is hardly hyperbole, for no one dares to cross him, not bar owners, not anyone. I was advised by a business owner to stay out of their way no matter what the cost.

The Plaza can be a dangerous place. About a week ago a farang was beaten unconscious and left in the street as Thais and falangs watched. One interferes at the risk of oneтАЩs life. Reporting to the тАЬpoliceтАЭ is, of course, futile. The manager of a nearby business called the police as the falang was being assaulted. Half an hour after it was over some тАЬpoliceтАЭ drove by in a pickup.

November 19th, 2006, 00:57
I would say you did it just right. I would bet at least one of those guys had a weapon. If you dont have backup walk away and call the police or get help from somebody.

November 19th, 2006, 07:02
One should never lose your temper with Thais-even if you are in the right.

November 19th, 2006, 15:51
About two years ago same thing happened to a farang I met. Also in Sunnee, also on a quiet afternoon, also at the spot you mentioned. The man, yelling, grabbed one, picked him up and hit another one with him. They all ran away. No one tried to help the farang.

Later, one of the boys was pointed out to me. I knew him. He's been around Pattaya since 2000; fired from a couple boystown bars--For not delivering the 'product,' he went into the business of freelance\intimidating farang at Jomtien: if someone refuses to give him a handout and later he sees that person walking alone on the brick path, he may try to throw a body-block and knock the person down. He tried it with me, I'd been warned and was prepared...he landed flat on his arse yelling, "KHUN MAI DEE!" I think he thought massage boys might help him--They don't like him; Rlit runs him off. If you feel sorry for him--Or attracted to him--and give him a handout or buy him food he will not leave off pestering you. Say, "Mai Ao," and he will try intimidating.

He's about 5'-1", muscular, very cute, dark (From the sun...was told he lives outdoors.), about 23-25 y.o., and may have very short (Monk short) hair. Pretty poision.

November 19th, 2006, 17:32
[i][b]It sounds like you all dont help each other in these times as even EDITH said of a incident.

Sorry, I should have added; there were few around too help. A few Thai ladies selling food and, perhaps, some people: 'Mad dogs and Englishmen...' at the pool. That part of Sunnee is like a ghost town mid\early afternoon.

November 19th, 2006, 17:41
I have an awful feeling I've encountered him. Very very persistent and becomes slightly more threatening each time. I've tried every different route walking home and he knows them all. I always ended up giving him some cash --which is really like extortion and once they know that they never give up..( but I've had enough back stabbing to get a real knifes shoved in between my shoulder blades) Thank God I've left town for awhile

Geezer
November 19th, 2006, 19:55
That is an intolerable situation. CanтАЩt you get a motorcycle taxi?

November 21st, 2006, 05:46
.."young guy ,short blonde hair blue eyes,on a skateboard "

that was me you cheap bastard.

andrewcraig
November 21st, 2006, 17:47
Hey I have seen this fat old thug on the wall and did not realise it was you

I thought there was an age limit and fucking middle aged guys were banned

Business looks bad for fatties mate

Dont they pay you enough marking tyres with yellow pencil???

November 22nd, 2006, 00:39
This thread got me thinking..........

.....whats the law on self defence in Thailand?

Any pepper type sprays allowed/tazers etc lol?

bucknaway
November 22nd, 2006, 04:29
As far as I know. If you cause a Thai to loose face in a fight, you run the risk of loosing your life.

November 27th, 2006, 16:07
About two years ago same thing happened to a farang I met. Also in Sunnee, also on a quiet afternoon, also at the spot you mentioned. The man, yelling, grabbed one, picked him up and hit another one with him. They all ran away. No one tried to help the farang.

Later, one of the boys was pointed out to me. I knew him. He's been around Pattaya since 2000; fired from a couple boystown bars--For not delivering the 'product,' he went into the business of freelance\intimidating farang at Jomtien: if someone refuses to give him a handout and later he sees that person walking alone on the brick path, he may try to throw a body-block and knock the person down. He tried it with me, I'd been warned and was prepared...he landed flat on his arse yelling, "KHUN MAI DEE!" I think he thought massage boys might help him--They don't like him; Rlit runs him off. If you feel sorry for him--Or attracted to him--and give him a handout or buy him food he will not leave off pestering you. Say, "Mai Ao," and he will try intimidating.

He's about 5'-1", muscular, very cute, dark (From the sun...was told he lives outdoors.), about 23-25 y.o., and may have very short (Monk short) hair. Pretty poision.

I was looking at pics on thaiboy member gallery & saw one who, if not him, is a dead ringer for him http://thaiboy.net/photo/index.php
3rd from top\2nd from the left.
AYOR

November 28th, 2006, 01:32
About a month ago, i saw a farlang who I believe resides permanently in sunee, flashing round one of those electric stun guns, & I thought why the hell would he want such a thing тАУ maybe living there, he knows something we donтАЩt?
I have also seen these for sale by thai men who also sell lighters, & laser pens in those large black cases, who also wonder around sunee. So they are easy to obtain, should one wish to carry one, in what you may consider dubious areas. Or if you think you may get certain repercussions from certain actions that may have happened earlier, (from reading the above posts), So maybe this small device would fit nicely in your pocketтАжтАжтАж

I should say that on my last recent trip, this is the first time I may have feared a little of sunee, especially when passing through it late at night, or should I say, early hours of the morning, when all the lights are out, & nearly everyone had gone home.

I saw on my trip last april, after keeping an eye on one lad that was acting strange & walking funny, where he then proceeded to pull a large samuri sword, (wear the blade was wrapped in a towel), out of his jeans & hid it down the side of a bar, behind some plant pots.
I later found out that this was apparently to help fight the other drug/yaabaa gang that would sometimes enter on their patch. I also saw his friend sporting a small Stanley blade knife flicking the blade up & down as he also walked around sunee, in some kind of yaabaa trance.

I would assume that as this place is tucked away from the main tourist routes, that this comes hand in hand with visiting here?

Around a month ago also, I witnessed some thais beating up another thai who worked in one of the beers bars. Where about 3 of them attacked him for what seemed at the time, no apparent reason. One of the 3 proceeded to grab the machetety from the fruit vendors trolley, to what would seem like, to finish him off.

I also heard from many of my expat friends, that a certain bar in the same soi as howards hotel, had most of the lads there bash one farlang to the floor outside, as he got them all to chuk wow, but then tried to leave without tipping them. Something he shouldnтАЩt have done, but something which also doesnтАЩt require such a violent response.

IтАЩm sorry to spoil anyones expectations , or safety thoughts of sunee, but I also think its wise I share this with you all.

I have often thought, what if had to ring the police for whatever reason? do they speak English?, but then a friend informed me to store the tourist police number in my phone, which I think is 1155? But then later in my trip I had my phone stolen from my room!!

I have at times heard of lads тАШboxingтАЩ farlang in sunee bars, but as I didnтАЩt witness these first hand, I shall defer to comment further on these happenings.

Just be careful there, & try not to let this put you off having fun. we all know thais are lovely, kind & mostly cannot stop smiling, but donтАЩt let this fool you into thinking that they are not human also.

Geezer
November 28th, 2006, 07:59
тАЬтАжhe got them all to chuk wow, but then tried to leave without tipping them.тАЭ

Another version has it that the beating was occasioned because the farang refused to pay a drink bill which had been liberally padded.

November 28th, 2006, 19:06
I was sitting outside at a Soi Sahm bar one night several years ago. Saw a middle-aged farang come dashing out of the bar across the soi. Ten seconds later, every boy in the bar--And there were many-- burst through the door chasing after him.
The boys began trickling back a couple minutes later.
About twenty minutes later the police arrived, looked around, walked around the corner, immediately returned--And went bye-bye.
A friend: waiter at that bar, told me the farang pushed a boy in line for the rest room, a scuffle ensued...etc.
The farang got away; X guessed farang was lucky: found a motorbike taxi and putt-putted off into the night.

A few nights later, an older 'muscle-ugly' go-go-boy was approaching the same bar with a man from another Asian country. Nothing seemed amiss. When they reached a place, in the soi, directly in front of the entrance, the Thai knocked the other man down and 8 - 10 boys ran out to join in the fun: kicking and stomping. It stopped as quick as it started, the boys went back inside and left the man lying there till someone...One of the farang business owners from across the street, as I recall...helped him up. Never found out what that was about. (But can guess.)

A few nights after that, at the same spot, two lady-boys--One in full (Doc Martins & Net ball gown; back of skirt hiked up in tucked in sash at the front.) drag--went boxing: one was out with the other's--Or so (s)he thought--farang. The farang just stood there. Holding in (piss-in-his-pants) laughter? No one else did, the Soi was up for grabs!

November 29th, 2006, 02:32
.. there is a fire !!! Nothing will happen without a reason. You never know what went on before.

Usually is fighting not a Thai habit - there are mostly simple to lazy to get into. And especially older people are highly respected. And I knew from my experience it takes a lot to drive a Thai crazy like that. If they accept loosing there face totally it is astonishing.

The red light industry is everywhere closely linked to drugs and violence. And its usually the boys who are getting rough and unfairly treated. The amount of stress they often need to accept, including lot of physical abuse just to please so perverted customers is enormous. I sometimes went away because I could not stand the cruel behavior of some people any more, and I didn't wanted to witness an expected outburst. Many people who demanding respect forget that they are dealing with human beings.

November 29th, 2006, 02:32
.. there is a fire !!! Nothing will happen without a reason. You never know what went on before.

Usually is fighting not a Thai habit - there are mostly simple to lazy to get into. And especially older people are highly respected. And I knew from my experience it takes a lot to drive a Thai crazy like that. If they accept loosing there face totally it is astonishing.

The red light industry is everywhere closely linked to drugs and violence. And its usually the boys who are getting rough and unfairly treated. The amount of stress they often need to accept, including lot of physical abuse just to please so perverted customers is enormous. I sometimes went away because I could not stand the cruel behavior of some people any more, and I didn't wanted to witness an expected outburst. Many people who demanding respect forget that they are dealing with human beings.

November 29th, 2006, 13:15
A few nights after that, at the same spot, two lady-boys--One in full (Doc Martins & Net ball gown; back of skirt hiked up in tucked in sash at the front.) drag--went boxing: one was out with the other's--Or so (s)he thought--farang. The farang just stood there. Holding in (piss-in-his-pants) laughter? No one else did, the Soi was up for grabs

A drag queen(s) in a fight.

This all makes very good reading, and I am scary. I think you guys are too frail for all this, isnt there a safer way,maybe it's time to move on to greener pastures, I hear Methico is good. I worry about Edd, I would miss.

November 29th, 2006, 15:30
...and I am scary.

Sorry you're scary.

A drag queen(s) in a fight.

Only one was a boy in girl-drag, apparently; no "c(l)ock" work. The other was a boy in boy-drag also no c(l)ock work.
And the ball gown was puce, not orange.

You know EDITH,I read every word you write,and you know worship every word you write,but i have read and re read the above paragraph over and over and still dont know what yourtalking about or what the story is?

Sounds like you read like you write, Billy.

November 29th, 2006, 17:02
A few nights after that, at the same spot, two lady-boys--One in full (Doc Martins & Net ball gown; back of skirt hiked up in tucked in sash at the front.) drag--went boxing: one was out with the other's--Or so (s)he thought--farang. The farang just stood there. Holding in (piss-in-his-pants) laughter? No one else did, the Soi was up for grabs

You know EDITH,I read every word you write,and you know worship every word you write,but i have read and re read the above paragraph over and over and still dont know what your talking about or what the story is?

The amount of stress they often need to accept, including lot of physical abuse just to please so perverted customers is enormous. I sometimes went away because I could not stand the cruel behavior of some people any more, and I didn't wanted to witness an expected out
Oh really TTOM,no ones forcing them to do it,there are plenty of others with normal jobs,the stress there under? had to laugh at that,what about the people here who have stressful jobs.
Go Go boys arent the only one to be abused.I got abused about 7 times today,what about feeling sorry for me instead of those prostitutes who earn 4 times the monthly thai wage!!!!

And what sort of PHYSICAL ABUSE have you seen to please perverted customers?
i bet bloody none ,your just dreaming it up!

Well, sorry but quite likely you are totally unaware or ignorat what's going on.

While enjoying good and lively contacts to various people in Thailand, both locals and foreigners And I am a good and interested listener. For sure, for incapably rude behaviour I am not blaming just (Western) foreigners only.

It is no secret that Thailand is popular because some people are readily available for sex. And some crazy people do live with an idea that money could buy everything. More than once I’ve had shocked boys knocking on my door, asking for assistance after having strange experiences: Being drowned in a bath tub, being hit with black spots of eyes and body, being whipped with stripes every where, being f…ed with oversized dildos, being drugged and abused and so on. Even so, boderly harm like this is Thailand an offence and could lead to indeed unpleasant investigations.

There are some really stupid people of meet who where proud of what they did to there companion: “I’ve ask him and he agreed” being well aware that he was not understand properly due to lack of communication. If I pay I do what I like. And claiming that nobody is forced to sell sex is probably correct but no excuse. Apparently this kind of folk’s in line paedophiles seams to love Thailand – probably knowing they could not afford to practise this cruel behaviour anywhere else.

Others try to cheat while not paying fairly. This also might include some bar owners (I new some who are very much both, physically brutal and greedy).

Any abuse is simply not capable, even sex is offerred. If someone doesn’t accept limits, it’s only a question of time until a counter strike happens, which is another lesson I’ve observed from live long time ago.

To me it looks pretty likely this kind shoe is fitting you perfectly. Have you been catched? Anyway, I am not going to discuss this any further with you. It's a question of value too. Thank you.

November 30th, 2006, 15:37
I always love to have a ladyboy whip me,you can see the smile on there face as they walk on you with high heels.
Next one i want to whip me is Edith.

I'd be happy to oblige but, alas, I don't wear high heels. Would golf shoes do?