PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Bars & Charges

bucknaway
November 17th, 2006, 08:14
When I was in Thailand in October, I found that I only went to the gogo bars in Bangkok a few times. I went to Tawan a few times, Dreamboys one time, Boys Bangkok a couple times, Jupiter gogo once and maybe another bar. But the prices were so high for drinks that I did not tip any dancers and never had more than one drink and had to put up with pushy staff that does not take no for an answer.

This trip I found Pattaya so much more enjoyable. Once I went to Crazy Dragon, purchased a drink for myself, a host and a gogo dancer, I felt it was best to get out before I made my check too high! When the check came it was far, far less then I had expected and at that point I knew I had found a fun place to spend my vacation time when I was in the mood for fun GOGO.

Most of the places in Pattaya seem to charge less than 100 baht for beer. In Bangkok the price is more than Double.

When in Bangkok, I tried to watch my spending like a hawk due to the high prices.

In Pattaya, I had no problem spending and tipping like a drunken sailor!

In Crazy Dragon I could throw around 20 baht notes like mad, have a good time and have the guys looking with anticipation to get to my table again. And I enjoy tipping them. I set aside 500 baht just for tips when I went into crazy dragon.

If I was in Bangkok the guys would expect 100 baht tips (So I could only tip 5 guys) and I never felt as if it was appreciated. Not that I wanted the guy to kiss my feet or sing my praises.... But in Pattaya when I tip a guy 20 baht I get a smile, some friendly interaction and since the tips were running at about 20 baht each, I could tip 25 times. Some guys got more than one tip.

If I come back to Thailand next year, I think I would spend the Lion share of my time in Pattaya.

Now I do LOVE DJ station and enjoy the Sauna's in Bangkok, but I found myself growing bored with going from Babylon to DJ to Soi 6 every night and was surprised that I lost interest in the Bangkok gogo bars.... I wonder if they will raise prises again?

November 17th, 2006, 08:38
Solid go go bar in BKK is till 100 baht a drink - and a fun place too!

TOQ
November 17th, 2006, 09:04
When I was in Thailand in October, I found that I only went to the gogo bars in Bangkok a few times. I went to Tawan a few times, Dreamboys one time, Boys Bangkok a couple times, Jupiter gogo once and maybe another bar. But the prices were so high for drinks that I did not tip any dancers and never had more than one drink and had to put up with pushy staff that does not take no for an answer.

This trip I found Pattaya so much more enjoyable. Once I went to Crazy Dragon, purchased a drink for myself, a host and a gogo dancer, I felt it was best to get out before I made my check too high! When the check came it was far, far less then I had expected and at that point I knew I had found a fun place to spend my vacation time when I was in the mood for fun GOGO.

Most of the places in Pattaya seem to charge less than 100 baht for beer. In Bangkok the price is more than Double.

When in Bangkok, I tried to watch my spending like a hawk due to the high prices.

In Pattaya, I had no problem spending and tipping like a drunken sailor!

In Crazy Dragon I could throw around 20 baht notes like mad, have a good time and have the guys looking with anticipation to get to my table again. And I enjoy tipping them. I set aside 500 baht just for tips when I went into crazy dragon.

If I was in Bangkok the guys would expect 100 baht tips (So I could only tip 5 guys) and I never felt as if it was appreciated. Not that I wanted the guy to kiss my feet or sing my praises.... But in Pattaya when I tip a guy 20 baht I get a smile, some friendly interaction and since the tips were running at about 20 baht each, I could tip 25 times. Some guys got more than one tip.

If I come back to Thailand next year, I think I would spend the Lion share of my time in Pattaya.

Now I do LOVE DJ station and enjoy the Sauna's in Bangkok, but I found myself growing bored with going from Babylon to DJ to Soi 6 every night and was surprised that I lost interest in the Bangkok gogo bars.... I wonder if they will raise prises again?

I was in Bangkok Monday and Tuesday. Went to 4 different gogo bars in the 2 days.. Beer and Cokes were both 200B at each place..

You are right, Pattaya is much cheap and at time much more enjoyable..

john

November 17th, 2006, 09:20
I was in Bangkok last Saturday & Sunday and I went didn't go into any go go bars for exactly that reason. I'm in Pattaya now and having a great time in most go go bars. I made my way to Crazy Dragon two nights ago and mistakenly went into Red Dragon thinking this was the place. When I entered, their were 5 boys who were nothing to look at on stage and no customer. Found Crazy Dragon and had a very enjoyable time.

bing
November 17th, 2006, 11:12
It was last September when I found Crazy Dragon. I also liked the fun feeling of the place. It is good idea to bring 20 baht notes. The guys do appreciate the baht and do give a little extra effort in their dancing when they stop by your table for the rest of the time you are there. There was one nice fellow who sort of adopted me, guess I tipped pretty well the first time and he would make beeline for me whenever I sat down. This is the place I frequented the most consistently during my short couple of weeks in Pattaya.

allieb
November 17th, 2006, 12:28
Bucknaway.

I was in Thailand in October and went straight to Pattaya. I usually spend most of my time in Bkk and only go to Pattaya for a long weekend. This time I tried the other way round. I got into the Pattaya fun so quickly and reading one of your posts whilst there recommending the Krazy Dragon, I went to try it. I had so much fun I went back several times. Everything you say is right about this place.

I went up to Bangkok on the bus with a small bag on a Thursday night planning to stay in Bangkok until Tuesday to do some cloths shopping in Central, visit Chatachuk market, and do all my favorite bars in the evenings. The shopping was great and by Saturday night I had bought all I needed, 15 shirts 7 pairs of pants 2 pairs of shoes and various accessories. Not to mention all sorts of things from the market. I arrived in Thailand with 8KG of luggage and left with around 60 KG. Thanks to Qatar Airways luggage policy between Saudi and Thailand, there were no excess charges.

Back to the bars in Bangkok. I was so disappointed in the high prices, the attitude of bar boys and the overcrowding at DJ. I decided to head back to Pattaya 2 days early on Sunday morning. This time I took a Taxi as I had lots of bags. I couldn't wait to get out of Bkk and get back to Pattaya. I had only taken one boy back from DJ in the three nights, and that was a disaster. When we got back to Chin House he was drunker than he looked. He stripped and just laid face down on the bed like a wet fish.

Back in Pattaya Sunday night it was back to Krazy dragon again where I offed a lovely boy and kept him for the remaining 5 days. I will be going back in April for 8 days and will give Bkk a miss. It's straight back to Pattaya only.

November 17th, 2006, 12:44
from the country because of it's reputation so the competition is greater ( for them ). Natuarally, as is our want, we take advantage.

But I'm pretty sure you may be a bit more popular than most farangs Bucknaway--for obvious reasons !! :cyclopsani:

TrongpaiExpat
November 17th, 2006, 18:51
If the reason for comming to Thailand is to have sex with Thai boys for payment than, yes Pattaya, AKA The Brothal by the Sea, is the place to be. Pattaya, however, is not Thailand.

bao-bao
November 17th, 2006, 19:49
If the reason for coming to Thailand is to have sex with Thai boys for payment then, yes Pattaya, AKA The Brothal by the Sea, is the place to be. Pattaya, however, is not Thailand.

Hear, hear! (or if you prefer the full version: "hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!")

As lovely as parts of Pattaya can be, it can't hold a candle - over it's undulating torso - to most anywhere away from the cities in Thailand. No "tourist" area really can. I spent far too much time in the city this trip and felt like I'd cheated myself to a certain extent.

Obviously newcomers, seasoned travelers, adventurers, horndogs and trolls all come to Thailand for different reasons and there's something for all of them. If the Krazy Dragon and the likes are the prime focal point, though, they're missing out on a LOT.

I guess the bright side of it is you stand a pretty slim chance of running into some of them outside of Boyztown or Soi Twilight.