PDA

View Full Version : what to do from 2AM to 5 AM Monday morning in BKK ?

November 14th, 2006, 05:16
My flight (out of BKK) is at 8AM on Monday. I figured I will be at DJ until it closes at 2AM. And I will take a taxi @ 5AM so I can be at the airport by 6AM.
What can I do between 2AM and 5AM in BKK? Should I just get a cheap hotel room so I can shower and rest for a bit (but I can always shower @ Babylon before I go to DJ).....hmmm...what should I do?

lonelywombat
November 14th, 2006, 05:21
My flight (out of BKK) is at 8AM on Monday. I figured I will be at DJ until it closes at 2AM. And I will take a taxi @ 5AM so I can be at the airport by 6AM.
What can I do between 2AM and 5AM in BKK? Should I just get a cheap hotel room so I can shower and rest for a bit (but I can always shower @ Babylon before I go to DJ).....hmmm...what should I do?

cruising for sex thailand has a number of posts about late night saunas.
maybe give babylon a miss and try something new on your last night.

November 14th, 2006, 05:37

What's "cruising for sex thailand' websit URL?

bucknaway
November 14th, 2006, 06:21
Go to the After Hours club in Soi 6. It stays open till 6am.... I know I have stumbled bleary eyed out of the place as the music was still pumping at 6am and walked all the way back to Babylon....... I did that a few times. (I wish I was there not to do it again). I love the different people you meet on that type of walk. :) ( I hate the dogs you meet on that type of walk :( )

November 14th, 2006, 08:07
Just be careful if you go to the after hours club on soi 6. I have never had any problem because i tend to not get too drunk. But my french friend got hammered, disappeared under my nose and showed up the next morning beaten up with everything stolen from his person. If you want to make sure u arrive to the airport in good shape u might want to go to a sauana that is open late or just get a room at Malaysia hotel, u can pick up short time guys in the restaurant.

bucknaway
November 14th, 2006, 08:29
You sure your friend is not an attention seeker and made the whole thing up?

I mean the guys at Soi 6 are the same guys from DJ station and the DJ station guys are the same guys from Babylon.

I hate to think your friend got smacked-up by a dear, sweet Thai... But it could have been a Farang in a bad mood after renting a room at the Malaysia, not getting his fire lit only to take out his frustrations on another drunk Farang... Your friend. Sad it all is....

Did your friend get diddled up the butt too? I hope he did for all the suffering he had to endure....

If I were getting smacked about I would want to get diddled up the butt... But not by a fatso... That is my biggest fear... Getting smacked about and diddled up the butt by a big fat fatso... :(

Bob
November 14th, 2006, 08:50
Did your friend get diddled up the butt too? I hope he did for all the suffering he had to endure....

If I were getting smacked about I would want to get diddled up the butt... But not by a fatso... That is my biggest fear... Getting smacked about and diddled up the butt by a big fat fatso... :(

Damn, Buck, if your name wasn't attached to this post, I would have guessed it was made by billyboy while high on crack!

I'm going to have to research the psychiatric archives as there has gotta be a good name for that (the fear of getting
fucked up and then fucked by a fucking truck). Hmm.... Ralph Kramden-a-phobia? :cyclopsani:

lonelywombat
November 14th, 2006, 09:08

What's "cruising for sex thailand' websit URL?

http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/forumd ... forumid=82 (http://web.cruisingforsex.com/bb/forumdisplay.php?s=2185f28f2c444652aabc6e03841bb50 a&forumid=82)

allieb
November 14th, 2006, 11:46

Where will you be staying anyway? If in Bangkok then why don't you keep your hotel room until the morning of departure? I have always take the Qatar Airways flight out of BKK at 8.00 AM. If I am in Pattaya then I keep my room and book a car for 4 AM. If I'm in BKK I do the same. Keep the room and at 2.00 AM go and get ready, have a last trick or if no trick just lie down for a 2 or 3 hours.

There is nothing worse than going to the airport for a long flight straight from the bars without some kind of wind down and a comfortable room to do it in. If you are trying to save a little money by checking out the day before that my advise is don't, it's not worth it.

November 14th, 2006, 14:45
Pick up someone at DJ and go for a few hours of short-time fun. Problem solved.

Brad the Impala
November 14th, 2006, 15:28
The late bar in Soi 6 is not open late every night. Possible reasons "permissions" and demand.

November 14th, 2006, 15:50
Take your luggage to airport storage (left luggage), take a bus from bus terminal a bus to victory mounument (is as fast as taxi, 35 TBT) , go to an all night open saune (like 39 underground) and have some fun (you might be the only farang but that is even more fun, even watchig... ), take any taxi back to airport (around 280 TBT), check in and relax on your flight home.

It's cheap, safe und fun.

.-))

November 14th, 2006, 16:00
Take the luggage the the airport, then come back into town, and then back out to the airport? Are you nuts?

November 14th, 2006, 16:34
Isn't it ??

November 14th, 2006, 16:35
I can think of a hell of a lot of better ways of "waisting" time than sitting in a taxi for two round-trips to the airport.

November 14th, 2006, 16:38
Honey, I suggest trawling the street at either Suriwong down from Pan Pacific or else down at Sunam Luang. You are bound to get some trade there, Darl. These days the action is from Defence to Wat Pho, particularly the side streets. These wee small hours of the late night are great for street trade - and you wont be all cooped up in a sauna.

There are a few Chinese flophouses around to take your trade also.

BTW, the late night bar on Soi 6 - what exactly is the correct name??? As the only place I know of after DJ closes is that upstairs disco near solid go go?

November 14th, 2006, 16:40
As the only place I know of after DJ closes is that upstairs disco near solid go go?

x boom?

DJB0Y-old
November 14th, 2006, 17:06
You party boy you!!!!

Amazing Thailand....you want to get in every last minute of Thailand before your flight.

Good for you!!!!!!

Being a Sunday night, Monday morning....it isn't like it's a Saturday night where there will be a lot of after hours activity.

If it were me, I would do this.

Ask for late checkout of my hotel (maybe until 5)

Keep the bags at the hotel for pick up later (should be free of charge). Before heading out.....Bring a small bag with a nice change of clothes before going to the airport.

Go to Babylon.

Go to Silom and DJ Station (check your bag at Soi 2 Baggage Check)

End up at DJ Station until closing (don't forget to get your bag if you are drunk after DJ Station closes)

After that...........it's UP TO YOU!!!

After DJ Choice #1 (for more partying):

Try to find some guys who have an after hours party in a condo or something.....or maybe X-Boom if they are open. Unfortunately, won't be able to shower and freshen up before heading to the airport.

After DJ Choice #2 (for cruising)

Go to Malaysia hotel coffee shop or try one of the late night saunas which could be quite interesting. Can shower and freshen up there.

After DJ Choice #3 (for relaxing)

Hang around Silom after DJ (they are closing later and later now...not at 2pm) and get something to eat and then maybe get a short time room for about 300 baht (maybe Suriwong Hotel) and freshen up, maybe watch some TV. Maybe bring a friend if you found one.

Then head out to pick up your bags at your hotel front desk before heading to the airport for your flight.

You'd be suprised how quickly the time goes by around that time of the morning (2-5am) especially after a night out. Just be careful you don't pass out and forget to wake up in time to go to the airport.

Please let us know what you did.......I'm sure it will be a great story to tell us.

Personally, I would try option #1, if no luck, then try option #2 or #3 depending on my mood.

Good luck
DJ Boy

November 14th, 2006, 17:09
You can also probably shower at the airport before your flight, although I have not yet explored those facilities at Suvarnabhumi. They used to have them at Don Muang.

November 14th, 2006, 17:30

Get a room at Malaysia (or elsewhere) for the last night. Now you have a place to leave your belongings, watch terrorbizion, bring a trusted, special or new 'friend,' hold a prayer meeting, do push-ups...whatever.
You can book the trip to the air port with the old man in front of the Malaysia--He's a safe driver, his rates are posted.
There are a couple late-night bars around the Victory Monument--Where bar-boys go when they finish work, a trick, three tricks, etc. I understand they are still in business but I can't remember the names of the places.

allieb
November 14th, 2006, 19:33
I can't believe all the options offered to avoid paying the last night at wherever Scott is staying. He should keep his room on whatever it costs for Sunday night. He can then do just as he pleases without worrying about bags moving rooms etc.

I think we all spend a lot when coming to Thailand so why skimp on the last night?

November 15th, 2006, 01:59
I can't believe all the options offered to avoid paying the last night at wherever Scott is staying. He should keep his room on whatever it costs for Sunday night. He can then do just as he pleases without worrying about bags moving rooms etc.

I think we all spend a lot when coming to Thailand so why skimp on the last night?

Yes, I was wondering who long it would take to come out with the only appropriate thing to do :-))
Allibe you've just scorded 99 out of 100 points, congratulations.
All the illegal stuff like late night bars are subject to police supervision. Raids are common. Staying in such a illegal place after hours while being questioned by police officers can take hours and I'll bet the plane is not waiting. And such thingsusually happened if you do not expect any trouble.
Stay at your room and have someone handsome to entertain you until the very last moment.

November 15th, 2006, 02:36
DJ's has been staying open as late as 2:30 and 3:00am nowdays. What happened to the govt edict to close the clubs early? Did that go out the door with Thaksin?

November 15th, 2006, 02:40
The edict is still there, but police corruption has increased since Thaksin left. They can now get away with getting paid off to look the other way. I guess that's a good thing, right girls?

November 15th, 2006, 10:04
The edict is still there, but

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Hhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yes! A bloodcurdling scream PIERCES the night.

I have been WAITING weeks, yes, WAITING WEEKS for Boygeenyus to get the news. Hints dropped by myself and others in other threads didn't do the trick. This thread went long.

But now, finally, he shrieks, he cries, he belches, he complains, he is outraged, he blames corruption, he whines.

Yes, yes, yes, DJ is open to late again (since the coup)!!!!! :-)

DJ open late good 4 me!

http://proxy.bz/nph-proxy--bz.cgi/010110A/http/www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif

November 15th, 2006, 10:34
Like I said...it is a good thing. Everybody happy na (especially the cops).

November 28th, 2006, 16:46
All the illegal stuff like late night bars are subject to police supervision. Raids are common. Staying in such a illegal place after hours while being questioned by police officers can take hours and I'll bet the plane is not waiting. And such thingsusually happened if you do not expect any trouble.
Stay at your room and have someone handsome to entertain you until the very last moment.

ok....I am in BKK now....went to XBoom last night....very risky place indeed. Now I am wondering if there is any restaurants in silom (or near silom) that opens 24 hours.

November 28th, 2006, 16:50

OK, I am in BKK now, just went to X Boom last night....very risky place indeed. Now I wonder if there is any restaurants in/near silom that open 24 hours.

November 28th, 2006, 16:50

OK, I am in BKK now, just went to X Boom last night....very risky place indeed. Now I wonder if there is any restaurants in/near silom that open 24 hours.

November 29th, 2006, 08:07
Now I wonder if there is any restaurants in/near silom that open 24 hours.Does McDonald's count?

November 29th, 2006, 13:53
Now I wonder if there is any restaurants in/near silom that open 24 hours.Does McDonald's count?

Even if automated; always check your tab.

'For his last meal the condemned man ordered a Big Mac, fries and a soy-shake," he was watching his weight. I guess it could happen but I can't imagine spending my last hours in a McDonald's. Or any time at all, for that matter.

Are the sidewalk restaurants still open, after the bars close, along Suriwong? Can be cruisy--But need that room.

The Verandah Coffee Shop at the Oriential Hotel is open 24/7--But, I guess, that's the wrong end of Silom. Or the right end; depending on how you look at it: it might be a nice 'parting shot'...better memory to carry home than McDonald's.

November 29th, 2006, 14:01
Almost every hotel will have a 24-hour coffee shop. Otherwise, there are always street stalls available without having to look too hard.