View Full Version : Airport Hotels.....help!

HIGHRISE
November 13th, 2006, 06:16
It seems that there are very few hotels in the vacinity of the new airport. The Novetel at the airport is SOOOO expensive. When I leave Bangkok in February, it's a 6:00 a.m. flight. Arghhhh... The hotel sights, such as Asiarooms.com only list a few. How far is the airport from the Silom area? How long does the trip take? Any suggestions for a hotel airport? Thanks for your help.

November 13th, 2006, 07:17
How far is the airport from the Silom area? How long does the trip take?It took me 45 minutes on Saturday evening and that included delays near Lumpini. However your problem (from anywhere) may be finding a taxi that will take you to the airport

November 13th, 2006, 07:37
My departure flight from Bkk is usually early morning as well. I have never had trouble finding a taxi to take me to the airport at 4.00am. Just check out the taxi scene where you are staying in Silom. The hotel or staff will help you get a taxi if one is not around. I wouldn't worry about it, there are plenty of taxis in Bkk.

November 13th, 2006, 08:55
I have never had trouble finding a taxi to take me to the airport at 4.00am. That is encouraging, scubaski. How many trips have you made in and out of the new airport so far?

HIGHRISE
November 13th, 2006, 09:08
Since there hasn't been any mention of airport hotels, shall I conclude that's not an option? (Besides the horiffically expensive Novotel)

November 13th, 2006, 09:11
Good heavens! The next thing we know you'll be asking for a fast, efficient rail link. All in good time! :bounce:

November 13th, 2006, 09:13
Since there hasn't been any mention of airport hotels, shall I conclude that's not an option? (Besides the horiffically expensive Novotel)

It's an option that is not worthy of consideration. It will take you 30-40 minutes from Silom, tops, at that time of the day. Stay down there.

November 13th, 2006, 10:24
However your problem (from anywhere) may be finding a taxi that will take you to the airport

If you are staying in anything like a decent hotel they will have their own car service which can be booked in advance.

OK, you might have to pay a couple of hundred Baht extra, over and above the cost of getting a taxi, but it's worth it to avoid any hassle or disappointment/delay if you are unable to get a taxi at that time in the morning.

Remember, you would have to be leaving Silom at 3 a.m. at the latest to get to the airport in time to check in etc for a 6 a.m. flight.

p/s - in my experience hotel airports are always SOOO expensive, whoever runs them! ;) .