PDA

View Full Version : Thai fashion gaffe... or Boy Special abuse?

bao-bao
November 12th, 2006, 09:09
While perusing Surfcrest's entertaining photo album I was shocked to see the image shared with you below.

Please be advised that this photo shows someone wearing socks with sandals, so those of you with a violent aversion to such heinous fashion statements please take a seat, take a deep breath, take your angina meds - whatever.

Decide for yourselves, SGT board members: was this merely a fashion oversight by an otherwise handsome and well-attired young man, or might it be Boy Special abuse at it's most despicable?

I've read horror stories online about otherwise fine, innocent young Thai men who've suffered outrage and lasting mental trauma at the hands of self-serving GWMs who off them from clubs for their own "jollies".

It just makes me SICK to think that a lovely man such as this could be coerced by a handful of baht into allowing themselves to being forced to wear socks with sandals in public... all in the name of Surfcrest's mindless "kicks"!

Please, say it isn't so! :geek:

http://upload4.postimage.org/1628287/BS_atrocity.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1628287/photo_hosting.html)

November 12th, 2006, 09:25
( and why wouldn't he ?)-the manner in which his legs are crossed would appear to show he is deliberately displaying this fashion gaffe for a reason.

I don't think he's done it for baht-you are being cruel to suggest that.

This boy obviously has a wicked sense of humour and this is directed at the one person who it will l get a rise out of and show him what he's missing in freezing Canada : SMILES !!!

November 12th, 2006, 15:07
In an old Peanuts cartoon a little girl said, "When you're pretty, it doesn't matter how you wear your hair."
Same-same: how you dress. If anyone would kick him out for socks-and-sandals; kick him my way. Please!

November 12th, 2006, 23:31
First time ive seen a thai with sandals lol

White socks with trainers seem trendy in Pattaya.

HawaiiBoy
November 13th, 2006, 05:34
Really, never seen a Thai boys with Sandals? My bf wears them all the time...picks them out himself when we go shopping. And to top that off, he asked to borrow a pair of socks to wear with the new pair because they were rubbing his feet into blisters. It never crossed his mind that he would be crossing swords with the fashion police!

November 14th, 2006, 02:07
Just goes to show that bad fashion sense is not race specific. LOL

As to the excuse you need socks because your new sandals are giving you blisters... The answer is better sandals. As mentioned before, A good pair of ROCKPORT sandals are comfortable and blister-less from day one. I will not wear anything else. Getting my favorite pair back from my EX in December is priority number one when I arrive (and the only reason I am still talking to him) LOL

November 14th, 2006, 07:15
ROCKPORTS are amazing sandals and everyone swears by them-including from memory on this board-Smiles !

However I found when I first wore them I was almost crippled-it took me about 2 weeks for my horrible old feet to meld to their shape ( thank God for the famous Thai foot massage )--but after--they are sheer bliss !! ( and expensive !)

Surfcrest
November 14th, 2006, 18:41
Almost true enough........

Firstly, these are actually flip flops not sandals.
A Thaiboy will wear flip flops with pretty near anything,
although socks are very, very rare.

Thaiboys also wear things that are either hideous or
terribly uncomfortable, when there is a chance that it
will lead to a shopping / replacement experience.

In this case, that did not work :(

Surfcrest

November 16th, 2006, 02:14
Sandles socks if this is all you girls have to talk about life must be real boring. It pretty bad when you have nothing to do but pick some on apart. Post a picture of your self and let the rest of the ladies take you on.