View Full Version : LA Police Department administers another beating

November 11th, 2006, 19:38
They haven't learnt from the outcry following the Rodney King beating. Only thing this time is that the current victim is not black and there are therefore unlikely to be riots in protest.

Assault happened on August 11 but no action taken by LAPD until video appeared on Youtube and brought to the attention of the FBI BY civil liberties groups. FBI are now investigating and officers have been assigned to desk jobs pending outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVW5_PJHzR4&NR

Dboy
November 12th, 2006, 22:25
Im no fan of cops, but this incident looks kinda tame to me.

Dboy

November 21st, 2006, 17:06
I guess it's in the way you look at it. I reckon if someone had their knee on my windpipe I'd be putting up a fight as well

I can just imagine the number of lawyers lining up to represent the man.

Dboy
November 26th, 2006, 21:12
I only mean that I've seen much worse. Most recently, I've seen rubber bullets aimed at the head (I was at the riots in Budapest last month).

Dboy

November 26th, 2006, 21:49
I only mean that I've seen much worse. Most recently, I've seen rubber bullets aimed at the head (I was at the riots in Budapest last month).

That was in a ex-Communist police state where policy violence and suppression was, and is, the norm. (BTW they seem to have eased their policy as the demonstrators were lucky that only rubber (instead of real) bullets were used !!).

Here we are dealing with the LAPD, an out-of-control city police force in what is supposed to be a civilised country, which has a history of handing out beatings to unarmed civilians.