PDA

View Full Version : Job

firecat69
November 9th, 2006, 08:44
Have good friend who has been offered job with no specifics yet at Big GO gO Bar fro Ladies. He will be dance instructor and star in show.

Looking for info on 2 things.

1. What should he expect for salary etc. Just a range would be helpful.

2. What does he have to have for papers before beginning job so as not to get in trouble with Immigration.

I know most of you will want more info but that is all I have right now. It is a very big and prosperous club and has sister club in BKK. Believe owned by Americans so I am quite sure they can hire other then Thais for specific jobs.

I just have no idea what he should be thinking of for a salary before the negotiations and want to make sure paperwork is legal.

Thanks in advance.

November 9th, 2006, 08:54
Your friend is a foreigner? If so, he definitely needs a work permit before doing anything. Without one, he runs the risk of ending up in immigration lock-up...not a pretty place.

firecat69
November 9th, 2006, 17:11
I know that. Thats why my question is about the proper paperwork needed from employer????

November 9th, 2006, 17:34
It's not what paperwork he needs from them, it's what they need from him. Resumes, copies of diplomas, health certificate, etc. It is the employer that applies for the work permit on behalf of the employee -- usually through a law firm -- not the other way around. You can find out all about the process on www.thaivisa.com (http://www.thaivisa.com) -- but if they have not come to him to start gathering the documentation, you can probably assume they have no intention of sponsoring a work permit. If that's the case, your friend needs to think long and hard about whether the consequences of getting caught are worth it.

November 9th, 2006, 22:20
Have good friend who has been offered job with no specifics yet at Big GO gO Bar fro Ladies. He will be dance instructor and star in show.

I just have no idea what he should be thinking of for a salary before the negotiations and want to make sure paperwork is legal.

Thanks in advance.

As BG righty points out the employer will apply for a work permit and will require your friend to supply all of the supporting documentation.

If they are not doing that then it could be your friend is going to be expected to work illegally and he will certainly NOT want to go down that road.