View Full Version : Babylon Bvlgari Garden Suites

HIGHRISE
November 6th, 2006, 03:53
Can someone offer me some information or advice on Babylon's new Bvlgari Garden Suites. I'll be in Babgkok for five nights in January with a single friend. We want two beds, and the gaden suites are the only ones that have them. Are the rooms good quality? The websight offers very little information on what the rooms are really like. I look forward to your advice! :salute:

November 6th, 2006, 05:18
The suites are not ready yet.. its also not clear when the renovations will be completed. In the meantime, they will dump you guys in the honeymoon orgy suites upstairs.

HIGHRISE
November 6th, 2006, 05:31
The suites are not ready yet.. its also not clear when the renovations will be completed. In the meantime, they will dump you guys in the honeymoon orgy suites upstairs.

Can that really be true? I stayed at Babylon last April, and although I didn't get IN a garden suite, they sure looked finished. :dontknow:

HIGHRISE
November 6th, 2006, 11:53
C'mon Guys! I know some of you must be able to answer the original question. I need to make a decision on accomidations. The other option was http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/un ... index.html (http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/unicogrande/index.html), a brand new straight place. Opinions? Advice? Suggestions?

sydneyboy
November 6th, 2006, 12:44
Highrise

I started a thread dated 5 October this year and asked whether anyone had stayed in either what the Babylon advertises as the Baroness Suites or the Bvgari Garden Suites. For as long as I can remember the Babylon have advertised these two distinct options. The limited replies I got were well meaning with some people telling me were no gardens or they had just "looked inside". Nobody had stayed there and I was more confused than ever. I started a thread about 6 months ago with the same question and received no replies at all. I can only repeat their website clearly states there are Baroness and Bvgari suites and I am as intrigued as you are to know the difference and what they are like.

HIGHRISE
November 6th, 2006, 13:03
Highrise

I started a thread dated 5 October this year and asked whether anyone had stayed in either what the Babylon advertises as the Baroness Suites or the Bvgari Garden Suites. For as long as I can remember the Babylon have advertised these two distinct options. The limited replies I got were well meaning with some people telling me were no gardens or they had just "looked inside". Nobody had stayed there and I was more confused than ever. I started a thread about 6 months ago with the same question and received no replies at all. I can only repeat their website clearly states there are Baroness and Bvgari suites and I am as intrigued as you are to know the difference and what they are like.

I'm greatful for your reply. I'm confused too, though. Babylon is a hugely popular place. I know many on this board have stayed there. Yet, no information? What's going on?

November 6th, 2006, 16:43
I never stayed there before so can't offer much help. The Babylon is just a bit too cruisy for a proper stay, other than the hour massage at the sauna in the same complex. Why don't you ask them if the rooms are finished, print out and keep their reply, you may need it at the other end. This question came up awhile ago and people were still saying they weren't finished, so who knows but them, themselves.

I forget his name, tall dark and handsome type, perhaps a touch trannie, he stayed there very recently, maybe he knows more, oh yes, meine kleine Bucks.

DJB0Y-old
November 6th, 2006, 16:52
Seeing as nobody is giving much info on this, I can shed some light on these suites. About a year and a half ago, I was interested at staying at the Babylon so I went ahead to take a look at the different options. The Bulgari suites were just opening up and not fully ready at that time.

The Baroness Suites are located inside the Babylon building on the top floor. These suites are very nice, especially the large ones. They are very much in keeping with the style of the Babylon Sauna.

The Bulgari Suites are located outside of the main building behind the parking lot that when you come in off the soi. These are more like "garden suites" and are more for a larger group that all want to stay in one suite. I forget how many beds there were, but I think that a group of 3 or 4 people could use one suite. The Bulgari suites had an upstairs and downstairs to them and if I recall correctly may have had a patio area. In any case, there are nice gardens that would be good for relaxing right next to the suite.

The new Boticelli House must be the house that is to the right of the driveway as you enter off the soi. I remember this structure has been under renovation for several months. I imagine this would also be good for a large group.

I just checked the Babylon website and it looks like it's been freshly updated with events through February 2007. Great for planning ahead.

I'm sorry I can't be more definitive as I'm just a Babylon customer. But I'm sure if you call up the Babylon on the phone, they'd be happy to tell you a lot more about the rooms. Alternatively, you could make bookings at a couple places and then decide which one you'd like to stay in once you arrive. Many places don't require a deposit in advance.

Here's to the Babylon!!!!!

HIGHRISE
November 11th, 2006, 11:26
Thanks, DJBOY, that's certainly the best information yet. I've tried to get detailed information from Babylon themselves, but they never seem to answer the question I'm asking.

I'm still suprised that no board members seem to have stayed in one of the Babylon Garden Suites.

Brad the Impala
November 11th, 2006, 18:16
We're not all slappers who want to book into a sauna for our holidays!!

HIGHRISE
November 11th, 2006, 23:02
We're not all slappers who want to book into a sauna for our holidays!!

"Slappers." Not a term I've heard before. I'll try to be patient with you, Brad the Impala. You've apparantly not stayed at Babylon Bed and Breakfast. I've stayed there before, in one of the Baroness Suites. I was amazed at the quality level, the use of art, marble, wood. It was certainly the nicest all gay facility I've stayed at anywhere in the world. IT IS NOT A SAUNA! The sauna is conveniantly located next door. :pain10:

Brad the Impala
November 12th, 2006, 01:34
Oh sure. You are staying at Babylon for the the quality of the fittings, not the proximity to the dark room!

Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, most people go to Pattaya for the pristine beaches, apparently.

HIGHRISE
November 12th, 2006, 01:50
Oh sure. You are staying at Babylon for the the quality of the fittings, not the proximity to the dark room!

Absolutely nothing to be embarrassed about, most people go to Pattaya for the pristine beaches, apparently.

You certainly sound like a bitter old queen. Yes, I stay at Babylon for the quality of the fittings and because it's gay. Name another gay bed and breakfast in Bangkok that's as nice.

Brad the Impala
November 12th, 2006, 02:49
[Yes, I stay at Babylon for the quality of the fittings and because it's gay. Name another gay bed and breakfast in Bangkok that's as nice.

And yet you felt the need to ask "Can someone offer me some information or advice on Babylon's new Bvlgari Garden Suites. I'll be in Babgkok for five nights in January with a single friend. We want two beds, and the gaden suites are the only ones that have them. Are the rooms good quality? The websight offers very little information on what the rooms are really like. I look forward to your advice! " in your opening post on this thread.

For the rates that you are looking at paying you could stay in a two bedroomed serviced apartment, where they don't care if you are gay, straight or shag pigeons. Chin House and Saldaeng Collonnade, are two that come to mind if you want somewhere close to the Silom area.

http://www.chinhouse.com/

www.saladaeng.th.com/ (http://www.saladaeng.th.com/)

Or if you are set on a gay friendly hotel with nice fittings you could try www.tripletwosilom.com/index.html (http://www.tripletwosilom.com/index.html)

They all have their own saunas too!

HIGHRISE
November 12th, 2006, 05:16
Thank-you Brad the Impala for that useful information. I'm not quite sure why you seem to have a total aversion to "staying gay." In reverse of your thoughs, I could say, "If I can find quality gay accomidations for about the same price, then why not?" I check the places you recommended, and in the picture, at least, they don't look near as nice as the Babylon accomidations.

And, there's something to be said about being able to meet like minded travelers from all over the world at gay bed and breakfasts. You can meet, get to know them, see the sights, go to dinner, and maybe make life long friends. It was great fun, when I stayed at Babylon before, to gather with other guests for breakfast and share stories from the previous days adventures and talk about plans for the day.

In this case, I'll happily choose to "stay gay."