PDA

View Full Version : You asked for it! Here it is! Drumroll..........

November 5th, 2006, 14:44
Not the biggest in Pattaya ( dicks cafe has a bigger one) but very very tasty indeed!

http://www.gaytingtong.com/pattaya/niddys-nook1.jpeg

November 5th, 2006, 14:47
The owner (chris?) didnt know i made these - i waited until he popped out lol

I did attract strange looks from the other 5 customers though.

My Thai friend could only eat half of it which is saying something as he can usually eat for 3.

I went back the next day and tried the Penaeng Kai as well - delicious!
Thanks to Daniel from Le cage for a fun filled chat!

http://www.gaytingtong.com/pattaya/niddys-nook2.jpg

November 5th, 2006, 15:08
Oh my god, now i can see what all the fuss is about, it looks lip smacking deliciosa.
That is the nicest patty i have seen in a long time, plump and juicy, beefy and truly enormous, those chippies look look like real chippies not those freedom craps things. Hmmm hmm, I am hungry. The world famous NIDDY cheese burger lives up to it's reputation after all.

Excellent field work Oogle. A very nice bit a evidence. I could easily manage a whole one.

Your Thai friend is lovely too. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Jetsam
November 5th, 2006, 15:21
My Thai friend could only eat half of it which is saying something as he can usually eat for 3.

Hmm... I wonder why?

November 5th, 2006, 15:28

Hmm... I wonder why?

Might have been the 5 beers we had first lol

Those photos actually dont do it justice - its very big!

November 5th, 2006, 15:28
Voice from a skepic:

Was the owner informed this item would be photographed for the forum?
The "patty" looks suspiciously big.

My other comment is that the patty looks gross and unappealing, not juicy and delicious. The image reeks of substandard Thai beef. You can't put lipsick on a pig. Cheap Thai beef is not up to western standards, and the stuff that gets ground into hamburgers is even worse. Of course, most cheap cafes would serve the same, but there are exceptions. I tried a nice burger at PIRI PIRI in Bangkok which used top grade Thai sirloin beef. The patty was much smaller than the football pictured, but absolutely delicious. Similar price to the Nook as well. I would much prefer QUALITY over quantity of crap.

November 5th, 2006, 15:31
Voice from a skepic:

Was the owner informed this item would be photographed for the forum?
The "patty" looks suspiciously big.

I can assure you the owner didnt know me. I did meet him the next day and had a few beers with him and daniel from La cage - but he didnt know i made the pics or have posted them. he doesnt know i post here or have my own board either. Will be interesting to see if he remembers me if he posts in here lol - Hope i didnt get too tipsy!

November 5th, 2006, 15:40
OK, i believe you.
Maybe because they sell so few burgers (it is usually empty) they might as well serve football size burgers because otherwise the meat rots.

lonelywombat
November 5th, 2006, 16:29
[quote="Thaiquila"]

You can't put lipsick on a pig.

I dunno I think it suits you. Goes with your manners.

November 5th, 2006, 16:41

I stand corrected. But only a real pig would finish such a crappy football burger. That Thai boy has taste:

http://hillquest.com/images/pig-lipstick.jpg

November 5th, 2006, 16:49
Your Thai friend is lovely too. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks - he is a lovely chap! Appropriately named Joy! 30 yrs old.

http://www.gaytingtong.com/pattaya/undies3.jpg

November 5th, 2006, 16:52
Not the biggest in Pattaya ( dicks cafe has a bigger one) but very very tasty indeed!

It's amazing how a picture can be improved with Photoshop !

No amount of dressing it up can disguise the fact that it is a heart attack on a plate (and a poor one at that). As for the size of the burger - it was probably the left-overs from the previous day that didn't sell because the place was deserted.

November 5th, 2006, 16:54

No amount of dressing it up can disguise the fact that it is a heart attack on a plate (and a poor one at that). As for the size of the burger - it was probably the left-overs from the previous day that didn't sell because the place was deserted.
Absolutely. I do give the cafe credit. They overcharge for a crappy meat burger but at least they give you a SHITLOAD of crappy meat. That appeals to many, not me.

Or does it? The cafe is almost always empty.

Sen Yai
November 5th, 2006, 17:16

I don't think we need worry about Oogleman photoshopping his photo's, otherwise he might have spared this poor boys blushes.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/undies3.jpg

November 5th, 2006, 17:34
Here goes Thaiquila and Snow Cat with bullshit comments again, even in the face of overwhelming proof! Vendettas are so obvious and so 90s.

Come on boys, just admit you want one of those burgers. They are delicious!

Go Niddy!

November 5th, 2006, 19:01
Here goes Thaiquila and Snow Cat with bullshit comments again, even in the face of overwhelming proof! Vendettas are so obvious and so 90s.

Come on boys, just admit you want one of those burgers. They are delicious!

Go Niddy!

Ah, Proxyman (AKA Chris, AKA "A Rose by any other Name", AKA "American Teacher")

The only (bull)SHIT around is the crap that Niddy's serves up after keeping their customers (what few there are) waiting for an eternity for their food to be served.

Proxyman - you would be better off trying to improve the place instead of hiding your head in the sand and trying to defend the indefensible. A good start would be to sack the existing waiters and get new ones who would have some pride in what they do and a desire to provide a good service for their customers. A rocket (instead of a piece of American beef) up the arse of Niddy (the cook) would also help - it might improve the time it takes for him to prepare even the simplest meal.

November 5th, 2006, 19:38

I stand corrected. But only a real pig would finish such a crappy football burger. That Thai boy has taste:

http://hillquest.com/images/pig-lipstick.jpg

Thaiquila the moron returns and is vain enough to post a picture of himself.
:cheers:

Smiles
November 5th, 2006, 20:53
I agree with Sen Yai . . . we need to get to the bottom of this "object" under the undies. The hell with the cheeseburger (and Thaiquila's stupid obsessions):

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/undies3.jpg

(What a GREAT bod!!!)

Cheers ...

PS Oogleman, that chair and window drapes look very familiar. We stayed at the Bondi while in Pattaya in April. Second floor, first room on the right hand turn. Same one?
Perhaps all the rooms have identical furnishings ... I never took a peak at any others.

November 5th, 2006, 21:28
Smiles..

...that was horse radish sauce of course!

November 6th, 2006, 09:30
I think Niddy's Cheese Burger looks better than most. It takes so long because they obviously hand make it, and it does look juicy too me. I've never heard such rubbish about Thai beef, it's perfect for mince patty's, and full of flavours. Ok it's not a nice New-Zealand striploin (I recently discovered they are extraordinarily tasty) it's a hamburger, and Thai cattle are nice and free rangy, nibbling on all and sundry, they are bound to be packed with beefy flavour.
The chips I must repeat, look like proper potato wedgies, and nice and thick. To my mind it looks extreme good value for money, the cheese could be just a bit bigger, but it looks like real cheese and you obviously don't want to overcharge that lot, the cheese is not that dyed orange cheddar commonly sold at Tesco's as cheddar. The sesame Bun also looks just the ticket, not that horrible gungy pasty soggy Mc Donald's thingy, but with a proper bite to it, the dough properly kneaded full of springy chewy wheat gluten. Excellent ******

And Joy, what are you all going on about. Get a lives.http://upload4.postimage.org/1574345/undies3.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1574345/photo_hosting.html)

November 6th, 2006, 16:08
I think Niddy's Cheese Burger looks better than most.

In my opinion and many others, it is.

Olive-er

November 6th, 2006, 18:56
There's a big difference between "better than most" and "the tastiest cheeseburger in Pattaya". SO, is it the latter as well as the former?

November 7th, 2006, 10:52
... that Chris does not feed these posts, he just feeds the hungry with delicious food, so I hope nobody will be having a go at Chris for hogging up the board with self promo ads.

You do really have to question the motives of some board members who, when hearing a good review and seeing the evidence of a juicy big burger, just have to immediately get on the forum and take a swipe. Why don't you get it off your chest and state what your real gripe is, we all know that its not any problem with the food or that Chris posts too often, so what is it? Jealousy? Can't stand to see someone happy in Pattaya with a business and nice boyfriend? Didn't get a discount when you ate there? Don't like Americans? Just what is it?

November 7th, 2006, 13:23
Yes what is it, besides a delicious looking Burger and chippies?

November 7th, 2006, 14:35
Can't stand to see someone happy in Pattaya with a business and nice boyfriend? Didn't get a discount when you ate there? Don't like Americans? Just what is it?

It's a matter of taste...Old saying: "Some people like olives"...I think they take up too much room in the glass.

Horseradish sauce? Is that what they're calling it these days? I'd have gone with: "Laundry malfunction"--But, WTH; when you look that aloy, who cares!...I'd nibble on those chippies any time!... And I'm not talking about the potatoes!

November 7th, 2006, 18:26
... that Chris does not feed these posts................,
......................................state what your real gripe is

He does - it's just that he uses various other handles to do it.

As for gripes - one gripe is the over-exaggerated advertising verging on lies about second rate food and service being promoted as the best in Pattaya.

However, the two main gripes are the attitude and performance (or lack of it) of the waiters which has been commented on by posters on various boards and secondly the time it takes for Niddy the cook to produce even the simplest of meals - (as an example, it should not take 40 minutes to cook chicken and cashew nuts when the place is deserted with no other customers about, as happened to me and my companion).

It would be nice for Chris, in his own words, to come forward and answer these points and to tell us what he intends to do to improve the service provided by the cook and waiters. The fact that the place has been reported to be empty when various posters have visited and the waiter service has been poor (even to the extent that some have walked away without ordering) speaks volumes and surely Chris should have twigged on by now to the fact that he has a problem in these areas, instead of hiding his head in the sand and believing only what he wants to hear from his friends.

November 8th, 2006, 11:55
... that Chris does not feed these posts................,
......................................state what your real gripe is

He does - it's just that he uses various other handles to do it.

I'm not sure what evidence you have for this.

... the two main gripes are the attitude and performance (or lack of it) of the waiters which has been commented on by posters on various boards and secondly the time it takes for Niddy the cook to produce even the simplest of meals - (as an example, it should not take 40 minutes to cook chicken and cashew nuts when the place is deserted with no other customers about, as happened to me and my companion).

It would be nice for Chris, in his own words, to come forward and answer these points and to tell us what he intends to do to improve the service provided by the cook and waiters... instead of hiding his head in the sand and believing only what he wants to hear from his friends.

I do not deem to question your experience of the place but I do NOT think that is beholding on Chris to come on the board and answer these points. You could easily, after such a delay on the night, have asked to speak to Chris at the restaurant and set out your complaints. If he was not around you could have left your mobile number for him to call or even left a note for Chris. That does not mean that you could not post here on the same subject but it also does not mean that Chris has to post a reply.

I think the main problem for Chris is a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't. If he doesn't answer posts, the story gets spread that he is posting under different names. If he does post a message reply he gets flamed for talking about his restaurant and being nothing more than a self promoter. I also think that it is obvious (maybe not in your case) that some people come on the board purely to stir things up and provoke a reaction. These people may or may not have visited Niddy's or tsted the food there, but they just have to throw a few punches. I honestly do believe that, for some and for whatever reason, there are ulterior motives when posting about Niddy's Nook.

November 8th, 2006, 13:57
I hope your Thai friend approves of his pic being posted Oogleman for me to ogle over. He is 30 !!..isn't is it amazing that Thais can look ten years younger than they are. What's their secret ?. He is very me...I much prefer someone around that age and experience !

I'll pass on the most famous hamburger in Pattaya though ( I'm a vegan) but America Teacher deserves credit for persitence in the face of a campaign of denigration !

Good on him I say.

November 8th, 2006, 18:05
I do NOT think that is beholding on Chris to come on the board and answer these points.

I think it is beholden on him when he constantly uses this and other boards to post misleading and over-the-top advertising to try to promote his business.

If he is content to carry on as he is, without replying to these comments and doing something to address them, so be it, but he is leaving himself open to further unwelcome publicity.

You wrote "I honestly do believe that, for some and for whatever reason, there are ulterior motives when posting about Niddy's Nook". This may well be the case for a few but surely not all critical comment comes from such people - why do you and he think that Niddy's seems to be the only establishment that attracts such adverse comments? It can't all be due to ulterior motives.

I, for one, would be absolutely delighted if he sorted the place out by hiring new more efficient waiters, or training the existing ones in customer service and also by lighting a fire under the cook to sharpen up his act and improve his delivery times. Chris would then be justified in using hyperbole in his advertising. As it is he is in danger of losing even more clientelle to better and more efficient restaurants.

Postscript: I've had my say - I will not comment further (I can hear the cry of Thank God !!). All I have tried to do is point out the failings at Niddys and try to get the owner to address them.

Brad the Impala
November 8th, 2006, 23:40
What a bizarre thread! I have learnt that you can put lipstick on a pig, or horseradish sauce on a boy's underwear. What likely stories.

November 9th, 2006, 06:59
Besides anyone who can't wait 40-min on holiday or for a meal on the town for a home made whopper and chippies as wholesome as this, shouldn't be there, they should just go to Mc Donald's and have a well deserved heart-attack on the run instead.

In 40 min you can have a very, very brief conversation, sip a cocktail and barely have time to nibble on the nibbles before the earth moves from under your chair and the great juicy bang of your life is lying on a plate before you.
Even boy special will be jealous, unless he got one too, in that case you you can both play footsie and tuck in instead.

http://upload4.postimage.org/1601679/niddys_nook1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1601679/photo_hosting.html)

November 9th, 2006, 12:45
If he is content to carry on as he is, without replying to these comments and doing something to address them, so be it, but he is leaving himself open to further unwelcome publicity.

My point really is what is the point . Some people have set views on Niddy's, positive or negative. For those who have had a negative experience or who just don't like the fact that Chris offers information about the food and events happening at the restaurant, their minds will never be changed by whatever Chris says and he would just open himself up to more flaming.

You wrote "I honestly do believe that, for some and for whatever reason, there are ulterior motives when posting about Niddy's Nook". This may well be the case for a few but surely not all critical comment comes from such people - why do you and he think that Niddy's seems to be the only establishment that attracts such adverse comments? It can't all be due to ulterior motives.

No I am not saying that all comments are from those with ulterior motives or who just don't like Chris, his restaurant, his happy relationship, his Americaness or whatever. I do believe that all restaurants have the occassional bad night but Chris does receive more bad press, perhaps due to the fact that people don't like so called 'spam' on the board, (what is spam, what is self promotion and what is information about a gay owned venue and events taking place there for gay and non gay customers).

Other restaurants may well have learned from Chris's experience (should the owners have ever visited this board), they may fear posting anything in case they get lambasted too. But there are issues you can raise about every restaurant. Some speak of lack of atmosphere at Niddy's, but 9 times out of 10 when I am passing other larger restaurants in that area, I find them empty or with just a few guests. In Boystown, you can argue that Le Cafe Royale is basically forking out overpriced school dinners to expats who miss their Sunday luch back home (although I have to say that the Thai food has improved). Amour, has it's occassional knockers - Personally I like the food there, there is a lot of imagination and creativity in some of the dishes that takes a basic Thai food dish, such as Pad Thai, and develops it into something even better - However, having said this, you could also state that you have to wait an exceptionally long time to get your dish served up, much longer than at Niddy's.

So, perhaps it would be better if Chris kept quiet and no longer posted and he would therefore not get the critics on his back - do I hear an Amen! Well, that is not going to be the case. Unlike the more established restaurants in Boystown and the ones on the main walkway from the Flamingo hotel, Niddy's is a little out of the way, albeit by one block only. If you don't turn off down that street, you won't even know Niddy's is there. It is still a relatively new business and people need to know where it is and whats happening if they wish to visit. This is not a static membership on the board and a regular monthly posting for new and old members of the forum by Chris is not over the top

November 9th, 2006, 13:16

This is not a static membership on the board and a regular monthly posting for new and old members of the forum by Chris is not over the top

Fatman I agree with you.

For infrequent visitors to Pattaya all these bits of information are useful.

For those members that do not like NN publicity shots then either put the author on ignore or just stop responding to the thread which extends it life.

How anyone can have such a sad, sad life that they have to object to a bit of publicity when the tools are in front of them to ignore it is beyond my imagination.

Stops being such miserable old gits and find something important to do with you time.

November 9th, 2006, 13:28
Like bitching about miserable old gits when you can easily put THEM on ignore?

November 9th, 2006, 15:40
I find this all quite academic, whats the point in complaining when the evidence is in front of you and it is such good value and quality. It is a huge plus for a lot travellers to get a proper meal and this Cheese burger and chips is just the ticket. Who cares if Niddy spams us once a week as long as he is serving this on a plate and he is gay and in Thailand. It's not like it is a commercial from a multi national, I thought we were all meant to support one another. Well, a small gay enterprise in Pattaya called Niddy's serves the best god damn cheese burger in Thailand, and we want to hear about it. Now shut up and sink your chompers into this!

http://upload4.postimage.org/1603705/niddys_nook1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1603705/photo_hosting.html)

November 9th, 2006, 16:49
Now shut up

Wonderful advice. Why don't you lead the way?

November 9th, 2006, 21:36
Now shut up

Wonderful advice. Why don't you lead the way?

We are right behind you, boy penis!

-PM

November 9th, 2006, 22:13
Like bitching about miserable old gits when you can easily put THEM on ignore?

Personally I have no wish to put these old saddos on ignore. I find it amusing that these complainers have such a boring life that they can find little else to do than to complain about a cheeseburger.

If I want to read a thread then I will otherwise I just skip it next time around a simple solution which the sad old gits who are complaining seem unable to grasp. :bom:

November 12th, 2006, 12:04
I find this all quite academic, whats the point in complaining when the evidence is in front of you and it is such good value and quality. It is a huge plus for a lot travellers to get a proper meal and this Cheese burger and chips is just the ticket. Who cares if Niddy spams us once a week as long as he is serving this on a plate and he is gay and in Thailand. It's not like it is a commercial from a multi national, I thought we were all meant to support one another. Well, a small gay enterprise in Pattaya called Niddy's serves the best god damn cheese burger in Thailand, and we want to hear about it. Now shut up and sink your chompers into this!

http://upload4.postimage.org/1603705/niddys_nook1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1603705/photo_hosting.html)

this is true. but i dont think anyone supports anybody on this board. they just complain and moan. the burger does look awesome in that picture!

Pman

November 12th, 2006, 23:33
The thread was about the burger - not people - the trolls cant resist biting.

Its a damn nice burger!

November 21st, 2006, 13:55
Doesnt it just?

http://upload4.postimage.org/1707533/niddys_nook1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1707533/photo_hosting.html)