PDA

View Full Version : Loy Krathong Sunday 5th November

November 5th, 2006, 12:46
My favourite Thai Festival - I would post some photos if I could find out how? since things have changed.

It's nice in Pattaya but even better on Jomtien Dongtan gay beach. Are any of the bars or hotels organising pig roasts this year.

November full moon shines,
Loy Krathong, Loy Krathong,
and the water's high in the river and local klong,
Loy Loy Krathong, Loy Loy Krathong,
Loy Krathong is here and everybody's full of cheer,
We're together at the klong,
Each one with his krathong,
As we push away we pray,
We can see a better day.

http://www.thaistudents.com/festivals/loykrathong.html

Smiles
November 5th, 2006, 20:41
Where do Thai folks float their Kratongs in Pattaya/Jomtien? Surely the Gulf is too rough for those delicate little boats . . . might resemble a miniature version of the Battle of Trafalgar within a few minutes, the crushed bodies of tiny kratongs washed up onto the beach.

Lakes are preferred for this I should think. Is there a lake in Pattaya? A dam?
The lagoon at Nong Nooch Gardens might be a beautiful spot, (except for the price of admission).

Cheers ...

November 5th, 2006, 21:26
Nong Nooch had theirs a day earlier than everyone else in honour of the king.

November 5th, 2006, 22:05
The last few years the Goddess of the Waters has made the sea at Pattaya and Jomtien like a millpond so not only can you see the candle-lit krathongs floating around but double the numbers of the hundreds of hot air balloons rising towards the full moon.

Sadly in recent years she has not been mollified by the krathongs which resulted in droughts and floods. Please pray hard this year and put plenty of money on your krathong.