PDA

View Full Version : Updated Carry-on Liquids Policy- European Union flights -

travelerjim
November 3rd, 2006, 18:54
Brirish Airways today e-mailed me a copy of the NEW Updated Carry-on Liquids Policy for EU flights..
This includes flights originating from the EU to Bangkok...

The European Union, including the United Kingdom, has adopted new security rules that permit the carrying of liquids, gels and pastes in limited quantities through airport security in passenger hand baggage. The changes will be effective from November 6, 2006.

This new policy applies to all passengers on all carriers who are departing from or transferring through any EU gateway, as well as those departing from or transferring through Albania, Kosovo, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. This means the same policies apply for any customers travelling from or through any of these countries.

These new rules bring the EU policies more closely in line with current policies for US- and Canada-departing flights, and ensure that customers transferring on British Airways flights in the UK will be able to carry liquids, gels and pastes in limited quantities on board to their final destination.

Liquids must be held in individual containers not exceeding 100ml (approximately 3.5 fl. oz.).

Liquids, gels and pastes that may be carried onboard include shampoo, creams, hair gel, hair spray, suntan lotion, toothpaste, liquid or aerosol deodorant, perfume, cosmetics such as mascara and lip gloss, water and other drinks, soups and syrups. Other items of similar consistencies may also be carried on board.

All liquid, gel, and paste containers must be carried in a clear plastic zip-top or re-sealable bag that does not exceed 20cm x 20cm (8 inches x 8 inches) or one-quart capacity. Each passenger will be permitted to carry one of these re-sealable bags. Items must fit in the bag comfortably and the bag must be completely closed.

At the airport security search, the plastic bag must be removed from the cabin bag and x-ray screened separately.

For more information on this policy, along with other baggage information and information on duty-free goods, please visit ba.com.

Yours sincerely,

William B. Harford Jr.
Senior Vice President Commercial, Americas

May I add that the "quart sized clear plastic bag" is also required of Americans travelling...and they do mean "quart size bags! I almost was denied taking any of the items - all legal - which I had placed into a "gallon" sized bag - the security staff warned me to make sure I had a "quart" sized bag next time!

TravelerJim
For affordable international health & travel insurance
Please visit: www.tjinsurance.com (http://www.tjinsurance.com) .

November 3rd, 2006, 19:14
Considering this whole story was just another beat-up by that war criminal Tony Bliar and explosive experts have panned the whole idea that anyone could have possibly committed the so-called crime that was never going to happen.

November 4th, 2006, 05:40
THEY knew about that and the hole left all along. THEY just wanted to embarrass the Bushies for blaming the Iraq war on THEM.