PDA

View Full Version : Schoolgirls 'selling sex for easy money'

November 3rd, 2006, 13:11
PROSTITUTION
Bangkok Post
WASSAYOS NGAMKHAM

Young schoolgirls have been selling sex during school term breaks to earn pocket money to play online games and buy luxury items, investigators have found.

The Crimes against Children, Juvenile and Women Suppression Division (CCSD) recently said that sex services were offered by girls as young as 12 during the school holiday last month.
It claimed scores of young schoolgirls, including those in lower high school and commercial colleges, took up prostitution for the easy money, so they could buy mobile phones, clothes and accessories and play online games.

Pol Maj Uthen Nuipin, an inspector from the CCSD sub-division 1, said some girls in Bangkok had left home over the school break last month to stay with friends and offered sex for money, with motorcycle taxi drivers acting as go-betweens.

He said some parents thought their daughters had gone missing, prompting police to search for them.
The officers discovered the girls were selling themselves and making between 1,500 and 3,000 baht each.

Pol Maj Uthen said he interviewed a 12-year-old girl who had sex with her boyfriend and thought she could now pocket some cash from sleeping with men for money.
He insisted that those who paid for such sexual services would face three to 15 years in jail or be fined 6,000 to 30,000 baht, or both, no matter if the minor was willing or not.

A 13-year-old schoolgirl in Mathayom 2 said she bought the newest models of mobile phones with the money she was paid for sex.
She was arrested on Nov 1, together with her customer, in Prawet district.

Pol Maj Uthen said his agency would speed up joint cooperation with relevant agencies to draw up a long-term solution to the problem before the next school summer break.

November 3rd, 2006, 13:18
This same exact story appears in the press at least once a year. Why wowpow finds it significant (and interesting) enough to repost here, I have no idea. Does it say anything that any of us don't know? I doubt it.

Aunty
November 3rd, 2006, 13:49
Sadly this exact same story plays out every year in every country I know of too. Sign of the times prehaps when young girls with little money are placed under pressure by consumerism to have the latest stuff to look cool.

November 3rd, 2006, 18:55
My thoughts, haven't I heard this before? Looks like reporters dust it off every year.

November 3rd, 2006, 19:11
that will be the day.

Come on -this story has a new angle :not even a western pedo mentioned. That will upset the the phoney NGO's who frequent this board and mutter about imminent raids. Fancy that-Thai nationals actually being involved in under-aged sex !

November 3rd, 2006, 20:20
[quote="boygeenyus"]Why wowpow finds it significant (and interesting) enough to repost here, I have no idea.
quote]

Being the cut & paste fanatic that he is, wowpow would find the Thai railway timetable interesting enough to post simply to justify adding yet another pointless posting to his name.

November 3rd, 2006, 20:46
Do Thais have a predilection to selling sex? Well more so than a typical English convent girl perhaps!

Why do they use motorbike taxi boys for pimps? Do they offer other services?

cottmann
November 4th, 2006, 07:58
It's called "enjo kosai" in Japan - usually translated as "compensated dating." It allows the girls to buy the necessities of life - Louis Vuitton purses and bags, brand name fashions, and the latest cell-phones (which they use to set up the dates). It goes with the "kogal" fashion, where highschool girls hitch their sailor dresses really high so that the hemline just covers their crotch (making it easier for perverts on the subway trains to use their own cell-phones to take pictures of their panties!)

November 4th, 2006, 11:41
"Do Thais have a predilection to selling sex" ?

It was only until the first quarter of the last century that prostitution became illegal in Thailand-probably due to Western influence.

Until then prostitution was considered a perfectly normal activity without social stigma.

Like many Thai laws-they are for face only to shut-up visiting foreigners, or the World Bank etc. Thais as we all know, carry on as they always have-and with a smile on their faces.