PDA

View Full Version : Thai gets new jets

November 3rd, 2006, 03:25
Boeing delivers 777-200ER to THAI
Boeing Wednesday in Everett, Wash., delivered Thai Airways International's first 777-200ER (Extended Range). The new airplane is the first of six 777-200ERs that will be delivered to THAI; four in 2006 and two in 2007. The 777 is the market leader in the 300- to 400-seat segment. To date, 851 have been sold and 46 airlines worldwide own or operate the 777 jetliner.

These planes will replace some of Thai's older 747s. These are not super long range planes like the A340-500 that thai uses for non-stop flights from NY and LA to BKK. The 777 super long range is the LR (thai has not ordered any of these.. opting for the A340, which is a white elephant now and will probably be discontinued because airlines prefer the more fuel efficient two-engine 777 over the 4 engine A340).

November 3rd, 2006, 20:44
i wish they would dump the 747-400`s

horrible if u fly economy.

November 3rd, 2006, 21:18

Take my word for it, the First Class on Thai on the Bk/Lon route is nowhere near what it used to be either.

I returned to Bangkok a few days ago after taking b/f for his 19th birthday trip to the UK and we flew First Class ( his wish) . The food was passable, the service slow and abysmal and the interior of the plane was showing its age.

Maybe they are loathe to spend any money on refurbishing the existing fleet in anticpation of taking delivery of the new aircraft but there is certainly no excuse for the tired and drab environment they are currenlty marketing.

It's back to EVA for my preferred carrier after this experience.

November 3rd, 2006, 21:43

Maybe they are loathe to spend any money on refurbishing the existing fleet in anticpation of taking delivery of the new aircraft but there is certainly no excuse for the tired and drab environment they are currently marketing.

I have always supported THAI and regularly used their service from London (747-400s) over the last 8 or 9 years, with just the occasional trip on EVA Air when I couldn't get a seat on THAI on the day I wanted to fly. However, I have to agree with you that they now seem to be loathe to spend money on refurbishment. On my last trip in July, 3 of the toilets at the back of the plane and 2 in the mid-section were closed off because the flushing equipment was not working - thank god the plane was only half full (with passengers that is, not shit :pukeright: !!!). Also a lot of the trim was starting to peal at the edges and some of the seat covers were frayed and torn.

What worries me is whether economies are being practiced on the engineering and mechanical side of things!.

Like N but N, it will be EVA Air (although their flight schedule is inconvenient and the food always crap) for me until such times as THAI upgrade their fleet on the BKK/LHR service.

November 3rd, 2006, 21:53

Maybe they are loathe to spend any money on refurbishing the existing fleet in anticpation of taking delivery of the new aircraft but there is certainly no excuse for the tired and drab environment they are currently marketing.

I have always supported THAI and regularly used their service from London (747-400s) over the last 8 or 9 years, with just the occasional trip on EVA Air when I couldn't get a seat on THAI on the day I wanted to fly. However, I have to agree with you that they now seem to be loathe to spend money on refurbishment. 3 of the toilets at the back of the plane and 2 in the mid-section were closed off because the flushing equipment was not working - thank god the plane was only half full (with passengers that is, not shit :pukeright: !!!). Also a lot of the trim was starting to peal at the edges and some of the seat covers were frayed and torn.

What worries me is whether economies are being practiced on the engineering and mechanical side of things!.

Like N but N, it will be EVA Air (although their flight schedule is inconvenient and the food always crap) for me until such times as THAI upgrade their fleet on the BKK/LHR service.

I have found that if you use the pre-flight menu selection the food does seem to be more acceptable, although I can honestly say I have never really had any complaints about the standard of food on EVA.

November 3rd, 2006, 22:30
I returned to Bangkok a few days ago after taking b/f for his 19th birthday trip to the UK and we flew First Class ( his wish) . The food was passable, the service slow and abysmal and the interior of the plane was showing its age.

...as is your exterior. Did the twink bf get his request of som tam and sticky rice in First Class?

November 3rd, 2006, 23:21
[quote="Naughty But Nice":3gernvf0]I returned to Bangkok a few days ago after taking b/f for his 19th birthday trip to the UK and we flew First Class ( his wish) . The food was passable, the service slow and abysmal and the interior of the plane was showing its age.

Did the twink bf get his request of som tam and sticky rice in First Class?[/quote:3gernvf0]

No. After the caviar he ate western style.

November 4th, 2006, 21:40
No. After the caviar he ate western style.

He had caviar, did he? What did he do, scoop it off the white whale seated next to him?

November 4th, 2006, 21:42
i wish they would dump the 747-400`s.

I thought the 747s would suit you, Uncle Fester as you're both Jumbos.

November 4th, 2006, 22:29
[quote="Naughty But Nice":2zqmlhm2]No. After the caviar he ate western style.

He had caviar, did he? What did he do, scoop it off the white whale seated next to him?[/quote:2zqmlhm2]

No. That type of behaviour is acceptable in cattle as you know from experience , but it is frowned upon in First Class, but then you are hardly likely to know that are you? :cheers:

November 4th, 2006, 22:35
No. That type of behaviour is acceptable in cattle as you know from experience , but it is frowned upon in First Class, but then you are hardly likely to know that are you? :cheers:

Sadly, you're right, because if I had a sugar daddy four decades older than me to take me travelling in First Class, he'd probably be dead.

November 4th, 2006, 22:50
[quote="Naughty But Nice":1ngxz3wz]No. That type of behaviour is acceptable in cattle as you know from experience , but it is frowned upon in First Class, but then you are hardly likely to know that are you? :cheers:

Sadly, you're right, because if I had a sugar daddy four decades older than me to take me travelling in First Class, he'd probably be dead.[/quote:1ngxz3wz]

1. As you correctly imply as nobody has lived past 119 years it is an impossibility for you to have anyone four decades older than you.

2. You mathematical assumptions leave a lot to be desired.

3. Whilst it may be acceptable using your own personal standards for your companion to travel in a lower class than yourself fortunately my standards are not from the gutter.

Now it is time to flee Bangkok for a few days before the awful gay pride fiasco starts later today.

November 4th, 2006, 23:07
Now it is time to flee Bangkok for a few days before the awful gay pride fiasco starts later today.

Bon voyage, m'dear. Don't forget to pack the little one's dummy and adult diapers for yourself. We wouldn't want you shitting all over the First Class cabin.

Aunty
November 5th, 2006, 04:07
Oh, she's got a dose of the uglies today, Beryl, hasn't she? Must be the change of life. What's the matter darling? Can't find any cigarette butts in the gutter?