View Full Version : Thaksin cruising PM in a most unseemly way...

November 2nd, 2006, 13:19
then when he was not granted an audience, pathetically pretended to play golf instead. Its bloody freezing and windy in Beijing,or it was last week when I was there. Poor man must have froze his nutz off, all the way there for one very nasty round of golf. I don't suppose anyone in Beijing wanted to see him either. Think he thoiught all the members of Asean, would invite for a consultation, but no luck, he isnt wanted.Meanwhile Mrs Thaksin wonders if she gives some money to a charity, whether Thaksin can come home? It is not yet known how much she offered to give, but it's not enough, her offer was declined.

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is in China. He had sought to meet Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont. PM declined the request. Thai Embassy in China is criticised for failing to report Thaksin's travelling to China.

Council of National Security Gen Sonthi Bunyaratglin criticised Thai Embassy in Beijing for failing to report that ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is in the Chinese capital.

"I confirm that Khun Thaksin is now in China. I received a confirm reports from our sources so. I wonder why Thai Embassy in Beijing did not report to us about his travel to China," he said.

Thaksin has lived in London where he has a residence after being ousted by the military on September 19. Sonthi's statement confirmed earlier reports that Thaksin sought a meeting with Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont who was in Nanning, China for Asean-China Summit from Monday to Tuesday.

However Surayud said upon arrival from Nanning on Tuesday that he did not meet Thaksin during his stay in China.

Sonthi declined to say whether Thaksin wanted permission to return to Thailand, saying the question must be asked to Surayud.

Surayud is in Pattani on Wednesday for a one-day visit in an attempt to update the situation in the south that has been busy with daily violence.

Sonthi was commenting on a report in a Thai language newspaper, Matichon, which quoted a Government House source as saying that Thaksin went to China on Tuesday and tried to arrange a meeting with Surayud but Surayud declined to meet him.

The source said Thaksin then went to Beijing and stayed there for a vacation and golf playing.

Sonthi told reporters that it would be up to the prime minister that Thaksin could return to Thailand or not.

"It is not necessary for CNS to send officials to monitor Thaksin's movement in China," he said.

Meanwhile Thaksin's legal advisor Noppadol Pattama confirmed that Thaksin is now in China for vacation and to meet friends and would not return to Thailand at this period of time for the sake of reconciliation of the country.

Thaksin would not stay long in China, he said, adding Thaksin will return to Thailand when the time is right and the country has returned to peace and stability.

The Nation

November 2nd, 2006, 16:55
They'd better watch him. Rumor has it he's going to try to go to Singapore and then sneak back into Thailand via Malaysia and the Langkawi ferry to Phuket.

November 2nd, 2006, 20:12
I stand by my prediction that he will be back in Power within 2 years.

November 2nd, 2006, 22:08
It would almost be worth it to see the fits it would put Cedric into.

November 4th, 2006, 09:17
Meanwhile Thaksin's legal advisor Noppadol Pattama confirmed that Thaksin is now in China for vacation and to meet friends and would not return to Thailand at this period of time for the sake of reconciliation of the country.

Thaksin would not stay long in China, he said, adding Thaksin will return to Thailand when the time is right and the country has returned to peace and stability.
This may be a bit catty, but I found the following posted on ThaiVisa.com and thought it was humorous:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/bkk_gwm/thaivisa1.gif

November 5th, 2006, 06:34
Looks like he has been down Saville Row already! Maybe some Thakies hand me downs.