PDA

View Full Version : New Airport Taxi service

ziv77
October 30th, 2006, 17:03
Does anyone know what are the meter charges more or less for using the official airport taxi service to town? i am told its around 800 Baht, can this be true? As well, i am told better to catch a taxi when downloading outgoing passengers - a taxi that returns back to bangkok.

Has anyone any experience

October 30th, 2006, 17:09
It is nowhere near 800 baht. Closer to 300 baht, including tolls.

October 30th, 2006, 18:21
How will I find the airport transportation services more suitable for an Empress? I am afraid the regular taxis will be rather unclean.

October 30th, 2006, 18:38
http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm

Basic meter fare Airport to Silom about 300 baht
Toll fees 70 baht
Airport Tax 50 baht - may rise to 100 baht - charged into city only

If you go to Arrivals and grab a taxi there you should avoid paying the Airport tax.

Current total 420 baht approx.

ziv77
October 30th, 2006, 19:19
Thanks to all of you!!!!

bao-bao
October 30th, 2006, 20:13
On the fifth of October I took a Taxi Meter from the stand one floor below "arrivals" and paid Bt307 to the Ratchatewi area. Returning home on the 26th I paid Bt247 from Silom, but the driver did ask for the Bt50 airport fee.

TrongpaiExpat
October 30th, 2006, 20:46
Returning home on the 26th I paid Bt247 from Silom, but the driver did ask for the Bt50 airport fee.

I am pretty sure there is no airport fee going to the airport and if you catch a taxi on the departures floor, none either.

I was eating breakfast a few weeks ago in a Jomtiem Hotel and a meter taxi from the airport showed up with this older farang. The farang paid him 1,200 and asked if that was enough. The diver said no, 300 baht more for the new airport charges. Before I could interject, the farang passed him the money and the driver was out of there in a flash.

October 30th, 2006, 20:48
Returning home on the 26th I paid Bt247 from Silom, but the driver did ask for the Bt50 airport fee.

I am pretty sure there is no airport fee going to the airport and if you catch a taxi on the departures floor, none either.

I was eating breakfast a few weeks ago in a Jomtiem Hotel and a meter taxi from the airport showed up with this older farang. The farang paid him 1,200 and asked if that was enough. The diver said no, 300 baht more for the new airport charges. Before I could interject, the farang passed him the money and the driver was out of there in a flash.

You're lucky. Butting your nose into something that was none of your business could've ended up with you having more than your nose broken.

TrongpaiExpat
October 31st, 2006, 15:48
[You're lucky. Butting your nose into something that was none of your business could've ended up with you having more than your nose broken.

Surly your not taking the side of the Taxi driver who is taking avantage of an elderly clueless farang? "Interject" may have been the wrong word. Giving him a high sign, or something to allert the farang would be the nice thing to do. I felt so sorry for the old fella.

October 31st, 2006, 16:47
I'm taking the side of minding one's own business. If you do otherwise, you will not live long in Thailand.

October 31st, 2006, 17:43
.... for a taxi from bkk airport to Pattaya

November 1st, 2006, 00:35
last month i took a taxi from the airport to Jomtien with my bf and a farang friend. The fare was official 1200 or 1300, in fact I really don't remember. It was written in Thai and confirmed, both in Thai and English. When we arrived at Jomtien the taxi driver wanted me to pay him 1500, almost whispering it into my face, when my friends went into the lobby with our luggage. I said to the taxi driver that the fare was 1300, he went upset and I ask my bf, what is all this fuss about. My bf refused that we should pay more and then suddenly the driver wanted to fight with my bf. Well the answer from my bf was something like this: Do you really want to fight with me in MY area. You should really choose another place!
After that he moved on. ;-)
Well the airport had just opened, but there should at least be a fixed rate written in English.

Boxer
November 2nd, 2006, 00:49
All the published rates for Taxis and Limos from the Airport to Pattaya and all destinations are listed on my Airport Guide Transportation page hit the links or see the charts. You cannot get ripped off unless you want to be.
SA to Pattaya by Taxi is 50 baht Tax + 1300 baht + 60 baht for Tolls.
Limo is 2300 plus tolls. Go to ground floor level 1 for Taxi desk no waiting ask to see list on table and wasting time at Departure level 4 and more expensive when you can get one, now stop drop off on outer road side.
Limo desk is on right as you exit International Customs. Link for fees on site or ask to see list.
http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/index.htm go to Transportation Centre for details.

atri1666
November 2nd, 2006, 08:55
Thai airways send me the information that there are 2 ways to get taxi--direct at airport in level 1 or take shuttle bus to transportation centre for normal taximeter (which should be cheaper).

November 2nd, 2006, 12:52
... at the new airport a taxi tout started offering a fare to pattaya of 2,600 baht. Eventuallly whittled down to 1500 baht inclusive of tolls and tip. The car wasn't one of those old rickety taxi's where you feel every bump but a very smart and luxurious car - I felt very pleasantly treated and was happy to pay 1500 baht.

The worst trip to Pattaya I had was actually in one of those black London cabs (what it was doing in Thailand I had no idea). But it was the most backbreaking ride of my life.