PDA

View Full Version : Best bars in Pattaya/Jomtien

October 30th, 2006, 10:56
OK, how about a bar topic?

So many of us waste time and money going into the wrong places for us. Clearly, this is a matter of taste, but lets do some bar dish.

My recent experience:

Kaos: big bar, cram packed with subtwinks, lively, fun, pleasant, bawdy naked show good fun, guys pretty much all very young and quite thin, short on ladyboys, but if you don't like petite and stressing over IDs, not your scene. Also, lots of hyper activity. Yaba haven?

Jimmy James James: better variety than Kaos but still mostly young and thin, small and intimate, friendly, music video display a nice touch, also short on ladyboys. Saw a few near stunners.

Wild Wild West: show OK one time, its a little different, this time they had a giant exploding penis which watch can hit you in the face and deposit faux splooge in your cocktail, guys older, bigger, overall not exceptionally attractive, attracts touring heteo groups for the show

Topman: Show is always fun. Clearly an expat hangout and seems to attract the much older expat with trophy in tow. Go gos a decent variety but overall not exceptionally attractive, a smattering of more subtle ladyboys.

I haven't found my holy grail. Any suggestions? I like guys 18 to 27 who are "real boys" and super cute and not on drugs.

BTW: I won't go anywhere near Throb/Splash after the last two visits. OK once for a first time visitor, but after that, same same tired tired.

October 30th, 2006, 17:24
OK, how about a bar topic?

BTW: I won't go anywhere near Throb/Splash after the last two visits. OK once for a first time visitor, but after that, same same tired tired.

There are plenty of bars in Pattayaland Sois 1, 2 and 3 besides Throb/Splash which cater for all tastes although if you are looking for jail bait you should stick to Sunee Plaza.

For me, the best three in town are Boyz, Boyz, Boyz and Funny Boys in Pattayaland Soi 3 and Gacuya in Pattayaland Soi 1.

As for Sunee Plaza - I leave that to the closet and open pedos, druggies and other sickos who frequent the area.

October 30th, 2006, 18:12
... what makes one think that Jingthing is bias - he obviously is promoting - and obvious has a grudge against the bars in Boyztown. Either that or he hasnt put much thought into it.

Jetsam
October 30th, 2006, 18:22
... what makes one think that Jingthing is bias - he obviously is promoting - and obvious has a grudge against the bars in Boyztown. Either that or he hasnt put much thought into it.

How you come to that conclusion ? He said a mildly negative thing about 1 bar in boyztown and didn't mention any other boyztown bar, and he's not overly enthousiastic about the Sunee bars and for sure he's not promoting them (unless you think a term like "Yaba heaven" is promotion ) So I ask again, how you come to the conclusion that he is biased ?

October 30th, 2006, 18:34
Actually, I just wanted to start a discussion about people's current impressions about the bars all over town! I like Sunnee for the lower drinking costs but the pedo aspect is very disturbing. I am just looking for insiders tips on good places to go for LEGAL AGE, non druggie, lovely young men. Specifically, which bars currently have the cutest staff? I am too polite to walk in bar and have a look and leave, so I end up walking into unpleasant places and wasting my time and money. I know there is more to going to bars than finding a nice off, there are also shows, atmosphere, etc. For example, I think Kaos is good fun but in no way would I trust that anyone working there is legal age, and to me, the legal age thing is a top priority. Now, I am sure some or even perhaps most of them are legal, but it being a chicken bar in Sunnee you have to assume there is trickery going on with fake IDs and such.

Yes, I like Boyz BB but the thing I do not like is that the guys working there have an attitude that they are working at the top go go in town and I find that obnoxious. Gacayu I agree has nice looking young men but the last time I went it took forever for them to do their rotation, and I am sure they do that to push drinks, but still annoying, and also, it is kind of an impersonal setup, boys on a pedestal. I think it might take well over an hour to see the rotation, maybe much longer, so maybe they also do that to waste your time and stop you going to another bar, and offing from them. I do not like being manipulated so blatantly for profit.

Haven't tried Funny and will. Is Toyboys any good these days? Have had wonderful luck there in past years.

October 30th, 2006, 18:54
Is Toyboys any good these days? Have had wonderful luck there in past years.

Toyboys has a fairly good selection of boys. What pisses me off in the extreme there is the pushy waiter staff and Mamasan - the last time I went there the Mamasan was trying to get me to "off" a boy before I had even been served with my first (and last !) drink. The other thing about the place is the volume of the music which is so loud that one is unable to have a conversation with anyone sitting right next to you - and they absolutely refuse requests to tone the volume down. For these two reasons, therefore, the place is a No-No for me.

October 30th, 2006, 19:01
Thanks Snowkat, thats the kind of dish I am talking about! Of course, many of us would like the loud music, but by sharing experiences we can make better choices. I also remember pushy mamasans there, but that is quite common.

October 30th, 2006, 19:37
Everyone has his own preference to bar so maybe there should be various prizes

Best bar for:

Slight youths
Ladyboys
Muscle and athletic boys
Underage boys
Host boys
Cabaret
Modulated music
air conditioning
value drinks
comfortable seating
Sleaze
Dancing
Karaoke
Late hours

lonelywombat
October 31st, 2006, 04:46
Bamboo's Bar
410/35 Thappraya Rd (near Jomtien Beach)

Where you wait to catch the baht bus back from Jomtien, you are standing outside this fun bar
that more than makes up for the poor selection of boys on the beach. They are not pushy but aware they only have a short time to get an off. Not bashful either.And they are legal age.

Some years ago the behaviour of the farang and boys upset the patrons at KFC across the road.

Whilst it is now more discreet, for farang that are looking for a boy before dinner or just a drink with company,
it is highly recommended.

When I stay at Poseiden, I often walk down to see what is still available before closing. I got into this habit when dining in Jomtien complex with friends living in VT My friends claim at night it is more an expats bar than Sunee

October 31st, 2006, 07:09
You've cleared things up, thanks.

atri1666
October 31st, 2006, 09:24
Thanks. After 20 years visiting thailand I will stay first time in sunee area in february. I really not have known i am pedo or druggie and so on.
All the years never have had problems when i walked through sunee and visited topman or crazy dragon(formerly xxx or crazy pub). Offending people seems here to be good fun.

October 31st, 2006, 10:58
Everyone has his own preference to bar so maybe there should be various prizes

Best bar for:

Slight youths
Ladyboys
Muscle and athletic boys
Underage boys
Host boys
Cabaret
Modulated music
air conditioning
value drinks
comfortable seating
Sleaze
Dancing
Karaoke
Late hours
Actually, this is overkill I think.
If people just describe their current subjective impressions of their experiences at various bars, we adult readers can filter this raw data for own needs.

October 31st, 2006, 14:26
In 1997-8 sat around Caf├й Royale with friends comparing notes\counting gay bars--All types: go-go, beer, etc.--Came up with 52.
Just took a quick peek\count (Inventory in a Ho Hou: cunt count) at Thaiboys.com (I may have missed some so see for yourself.)

Bars by location:
Boy's Town -- 16 (Haven't heard of Vibes on Soi one. Is it new, closed...what?)
Sunnee Plaza --23 (Ditto above: Holiday, Violet House.)
Day-Night -- 2 (Ditto above: Red Dragon.)
South Pattaya-- 1
Jomtien -- 4 (Maybe more in hotels--I only counted bars.)
North Pattaya-- 1 (Don't bother: It's a straight cabaret with a katoey show at Rd 2 & Soi P.O.)

That's 49 bars\114 gay venues--Down 3 bars from 1997 but a little more spread out: There were more places in North Pattaya, six-or-seven in the Soi Diamond area (Road 2 to Walking Street); only 2, I remember, in Sunnee (Most gay tour members, back then, were clung to Boy's Town like like the ship-wrecked sailor clinging to a rock in that famous painting I forget who painted. (Homer?)
So, looks like, the total count is down 3 bars!
At this rate--One every three years--by 2,153 we'll be all out!!!--And I'll still be 39...And Pearl will be 230.

http://thaiboy.net/guide/default.asp?ci ... 5095772231 (http://thaiboy.net/guide/default.asp?city=Pattaya&client=gbOmbQgtYYI2ZzE11245095772231)

jinks
October 31st, 2006, 19:37
xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

reply edited before the boss sees it

don't feed the trolls

bucknaway
November 1st, 2006, 12:07
I think that Krazy Dragon is one of the most fun bars I have been in. I like that place a lot. Now I am in Bangkok and wish there was a Krazy Dragon here....

As a matter of fact, the bars in Sunee seem to be a lot of fun and I would not worry about Jail Bait, Just stick to the guys of legal age and if you are in doubt, then don't do it.

andrewcraig
November 1st, 2006, 13:25
All you people are bloody hypocrites especially thay bloody Jinks bloke.
Its ok to have these bars over in Thailand but not in your backyard isnt it.?
What a bloody outcry there would be if I opened up these boy bars here in Australia,all you hypocrite two faced do gooders would be pretending and acting shock horrored and then rushing off later to Thailand to dart them up the arse.I have seen some you bastards,two faced priests,politicians and all the rest of you bludgers who wouldnt work in a iron lung mouthing off about brothels and all the other unmoral acts in our society and then rushing off yourself and doing worser.Why is the "protective custody" wing of Long Bay Jail housing ex priests ,its because theres enough of these hypocritical bastards who have committed crimes but mouth off about how homosexuality is bad etc.Well get stuffed you hypocrites,I pay my taxes ,I got the right to do what I want.
Listen to SYDNEY S TALK BACK RADIO
www.2gb.com.au (http://www.2gb.com.au)

YOU ARE STARTING TO SOUND MORE AND MORE LIKE YOUR HERO SHOCK JOCK , ALLAN JONES 2UE
HOW WERE THE LADYBOYS IN PATTAYA THIS TRIP
WONDER HOW MANY OTHER RANGERS MOUTH OFF ABOUT POOFS THEN RUN OFF TO THAILAND TO HAVE SEX WITH [LADY]BOYS

November 1st, 2006, 20:40
I think that Krazy Dragon is one of the most fun bars I have been in. I like that place a lot. Now I am in Bangkok and wish there was a Krazy Dragon here....

As a matter of fact, the bars in Sunee seem to be a lot of fun and I would not worry about Jail Bait, Just stick to the guys of legal age and if you are in doubt, then don't do it.
I don't get your comment at all. At a place like Kaos which is jam packed with chicken, I would doubt almost everyone there. And there are other bars like that in Sunnee which are even worse. You don't worry about how ruinous such an arrest would be or even some kind of bribery scam?

November 1st, 2006, 20:42
I'll go a step further...it doesn't bother you to be patronizing an establishment that offers underage prostitutes?

November 1st, 2006, 23:00
Yawn ...

So come on you bar addicts, there are scads of bars and I'm not going to all of them. Post your subjective reviews please.

November 2nd, 2006, 03:38
I thought you promised not to post here anymore. Please keep your promise and just disappear and have a good life down under.

November 2nd, 2006, 12:27
Slight youths - Kaos Gogo/Sunee - beware underage guy was offered to me and I left
Ladyboys - Lucky Seven Gogo/B'Town - virtually all ladyboys no real guys last time I was there and very few Farang
Muscle and athletic boys - ABomb & BBB/B'town
Underage boys - please do not even think about this
Host boys - best hosts I have found in Panorama Bar/B'town & Welcome Inn Bar/Sunee
Cabaret - Wild West/B'town but go to Throb if you haven't seen the show before
Modulated music - What da' fuck!
air conditioning - Krazy Dragon - even cold for Farang sometimes
value drinks - Any host bar in Sunee
comfortable seating - Funny Boys/B'town
Sleaze - Krazy Dragon/Sunee for entertaining sleaze - Butt Boy(or Holiday)/Sunee for take a quick shower afterwards sleaze
Dancing - I don't dance, don't ask me!
Karaoke - I like the place (DJ lets you sing and doesn't hog the mic himself) on 2nd road just turn left as you leave B'town about 25 metres. I haven't found one karaoke bar in the day/night area to match it.
Late hours - Maya/Hollywood

Also added:
Best value & tasty Thai meal - Newish Thai owned open air restaurant (through the gated entrance and to the side of Yensabi Condo) - three dishes, with rice and drinks for two (220 baht) - Aroy. I also like the restuarant on Soi VC at the corner of the turn off to Yensabi condo and of course the Thai food at the Thai owned place on 2nd road between Pattayaland Soi 1 & 2.
Best live Thai traditional music - country Isan style (Champ Isan) corner 3rd Road and South pattaya road - have many singers and occassiona; 'superstars'.
Best Coffee Spot - Hate to say this but corporate America rocks - Starbucks on South Pattaya Road, two on beach road and one in Royal Garden Plaza win hands down. Great coffee and internet access. They all have air con and outdoor seating.
Best value monthly stay accommodation (with no hassle for your guests) - can only speak from my own experience but, Yensabi Condo (circ:10,000 baht p/month) and Diamond City Place (circ: 8,500 baht p/month plus bills). Rooms at least half as big again as those standard rooms in the likes of Ambiance Hotel and around 20,000 baht cheaper per month. However:
Best accommodation for first time visitor - Ambiance Hotel/Le Cafe Royale - you pay a little more but you are in the centre of B'town, you can't get lost and the staff look after you.

Thing is, some bars seem to stay the same (Throb,BBB) and some change frequently. Lucky Seven Bar used to have many real guys and now has mainly ladyboys. Krazy Dragon can be packed out (50 or more guys I saw one time) with some real stunning guys and on other nights can have just 15 to 20 or so guys, with the handsome ones already occupied. For best price drinks you can't beat Sunee, although of late I have started buying a bottle of booze in Panorama and keeping it behind the bar for me and my friends. Normally lasts 2 - 3 full nights and costs anything from 850 baht to 1,850 baht (depending on your choice of beverage). Most Karaoke bars I have been in (three in Sunee, one by B'town and one in North Pattaya) are mainly aimed at Thai's, with a limited selection of Farang songs (at least limited in my opinion) but find one you like that has a good mix of old and new stuff and you are lucky. If you are weary of Thai food places you can eat good Thai food at several eateries. In B'town you will pay more for a single meal than you would for two or three of you eating at a Thai restaurant, but the likes of Amor do actually dish up good quality Thai dishes, despite what others may say.