PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok, Pattaya and Suvanabhumi

allieb
October 29th, 2006, 16:05
I have just returned home from a two week trip to LOS. The first thing is the airport. Having read all the negative reports on the airport before my trip, I was expecting the worst. I really couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. It is a beautiful airport and in my opinion run really well.

Bangkok is normally my main port of call and Pattaya for a long weekend. This trip I reversed it. I found that the bars in Bangkok have gotten more expensive and the boys have gotten more attitude. DJ station which was my favorite place has become even more crowded like a tube train in rush hour

The bars and go go bars in the soi where Dicks cafe is, are really unpleasant. I was pulled from left to right as I tried to walk down the soi by my arms. I nearly came to the point of whacking someone but took refuge in a go go bar. I had a drink for 250 baht and a boy plonked himself beside me and said buy me a drink. I ordered him him a drink and he said if you want to off me I don't suck you can't fuck me and I want 3,000 baht. I called mumasan canceled his drink and told her to get him away from me. The bar was what used to be BBB I can't remember the new name.

After two days of good daytime shopping for clothes but dreadful nightlife, I decided to cut and run to Pattaya. A good move, Pattaya has got better, It's the Thailand I remember from my last trip. The boys were not pushy and drinks were reasonably priced. I went to a bar called Crazy Dragon many times and had many good boys. All drinks were 95 baht. I settled down with one boy after a few days and was very happy. The first night I gave him 1,300 Baht for short time. The second night I offed the same boy and gave him 1,500 baht. On the third night I asked him to stay the night and paid him 2,000 Baht. Can you believe he complained that I was paying him too much. I kept him with me for a few more days told him he would get 2,000 a day. He was delighted.

I met Oogalman in the Crazy dragon having recognized him from his picture. What a nice man he was. We had a few drinks together and we went on our separate ways. One night I decided to go in the bar near Crazy Dragon called Kaos. Avoid it like the plague. It was full of very young boys. One of only about 12 years old sat next to me and was really pushy. I called for my bill and left never to return. Please all of you, avoid the place. The customers are evil. and the young boys who one would think are being exploited are also evil hard core whores.

Finally returned to the airport to leave with 58 kg of luggage One piece was a 20kg bag of Thai spices and foodstuffs. Didn't pay anything for excess luggage.

October 29th, 2006, 18:04
Nice try, *o*o^e*, but WAY off.

As myself and everyone I know and goes there observes, DJ is usually less crowded since it expanded across the soi, though there can still be bad nights, many appreciate the attention paid to at least relieving the exit situation a little, and the new ventilation system has greatly improved the air and temperature, and the new sound system is really wild.

Well, I accept your overall opinions as your opinion on everything else.

Watch out! Most other countries will confiscate food like that if you try to bring it in. At least in the US I am always asked if I am bringing food in, even leftovers from the plane.

October 29th, 2006, 21:00
A friend who is a regular DJ-goer told me today that last night was the absolute most crowded he had ever seen it. They were actually turning people away at the door because it was too crowded inside -- something that had never seen before.

Smiles
October 29th, 2006, 21:35
" .... I have just returned home from a two week trip to LOS. The first thing is the airport. Having read all the negative reports on the airport before my trip, I was expecting the worst. I really couldn't find anything wrong with it at all. It is a beautiful airport and in my opinion run really well ... "
It's now been admitted (grudgingly?) by Those-In-Charge that the place was simply opened too early and too hastily and things were hardly perfect. I think that was probably the expectation from many ... and they weren't disappointed. AND started immediately whining/crowing about it on message boards.

As these things go ~ and considering the self-criticism which has gone on (grudgingly?) ~ I would expect the new airport to get better and better each day and week (it's called 'Continuous Improvement' in the parlance of those enamored of the Japanese busines model).

Hopefully perfection ~ Nirvana even ~ will have been attained just in time to coincide with my next arrival.

Cheers ...

October 29th, 2006, 21:35
from Boygeenyarse ...
that last night was the absolute most crowded he had ever seen it

Happens on Saturday nights and also Friday pay-days from time to time.

I guess all the handsome boys are all 'happy enjoy' over the relaxed closing hours again!

Smiles
October 29th, 2006, 21:38
" ... Happens on Saturday nights and also Friday pay-days from time to time. I guess all the handsome boys are happily enjoying the relaxed closing hours again!... "
Now ... that's my kinda airport!!! :cheers: ...

Cheers ...

Sen Yai
October 29th, 2006, 21:57
A friend who is a regular DJ-goer told me today that last night was the absolute most crowded he had ever seen it. They were actually turning people away at the door because it was too crowded inside -- something that had never seen before.

Wasn't Freeman due to re-open in October, following a post make-over make-over? That might relieve some of the pressure at DJ.

October 29th, 2006, 23:51
"The old Freeman troupe has been performing but on one Wednesday there was a new troupe. They were dressed as ladies but not your typical breast implanted hormonal katooies. There were good looking boys too, dressed as boys. One even sang with a real microphone, not lip-syncing, that's novel" quote Trongpaiexpat 22 Oct 06

http://freemandisco.com/default.asp The Hottest Disco in Bangkok ( aircon problems?) the website just takes you to Thr BBB Group where there is nothing about Freemans? Has it been sold on? Is Trongpaiexpat pulling my plonker?

I have not been to DJ Station for years but it always was packed soild. One hardly knew who one was enjoying. I never saw them stop people entering though so it must be a supercrush.