PDA

View Full Version : Chiang Mai on-line Hotels

TrongpaiExpat
October 29th, 2006, 13:59
I knew that rooms in Chiang Mai would be on the short side after November 1 when the Royal Flora Ratchaphruek opened so I booked and pre-payed early. I did not expect that the on -line booking agent that I used and have been using for years would send me this at the last minuite:

We are sorry to inform you that CHIANG MAI GATE HOTEL decided a few days to UNILATERALLY CANCEL all reservations made through our company MCC MULTITECH.

We have been trying to reach some agreement but the hotel management is not willing to cooperate.

We are left with the only option to refund all our customers for check-in after 01/11/2006.

This is to inform your refund was already posted and you should see credit on your statement next week.

We apologize for all inconvenience and would like point out the fact that this decision from CHIANGMAI GATE was UNILATERAL and AGAINST ALL NORMAL PRACTICES in the travel business.

Please kindly contact the hotel management by telephone or fax should you require further information or in order to re-book.

Sincerely,
Carmel JAFARI
Chiangmai 50300

I called the hotel and they said they are fully booked, no rooms. The booking agent does not answer the phone.

October 30th, 2006, 00:03
I am a bit confused. Is MCC MULTITECH, CO., LTD the operator of Chiang-Mai-Online? Or did you book with them and they booked you through Chiang Mai online? The dirty deed seems to have been Chiang Mai Gate Hotel who have renaged on their bookings. One might suspect that they have found that they can sell the rooms now for a premium rate. I have used Chiang-Mai-online a few times and they have been satisfactory and good prices.

If you are quick you may be in time to get a space at the crematorium. http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=9683 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9683)

TrongpaiExpat
October 30th, 2006, 00:13
I guess MCC is Chaing mai on-line. Never had a probem with them before. Who know what exactly the problem was, but like most things, I bet it had something to do with money.

Then they did not even offer to book me somewhere else.

The date of this rift is on the opening date of the Roya Flora Expo, so that has to have something to do with it.

I wonder if there are any joiner fees at the crematorium?

October 30th, 2006, 10:02
I wonder if there are any joiner fees at the crematorium?

Just bring your own flowers and a box of matches !!! :geek: :happy11: