PDA

View Full Version : XL and XXL

October 28th, 2006, 20:00
Where can I buy these sizes (shirts,tops esp) in Pattaya at a reasonable price? (Ok im on holiday - fuck the price)

October 28th, 2006, 20:11
Outlet Mall, corner of Thepprasit Road and Sukhumvit Road -- there are several shops that sell those sizes: Nautica, a shop that is either called XXL or Export Shop (sorry I forget), and the large Thai factory outlet shop (something like Boonsiri) at the South end of the shopping centre.

You could also have some things tailor made -- do a search for tailor and you will find recommendations. I do not recommend Vinegar in Jomtien Complex -- their staff are so useless that they should be beaten with a cudgel.

October 28th, 2006, 21:42
Where can I buy these sizes (shirts,tops esp) in Pattaya at a reasonable price? (Ok im on holiday - fuck the price)

You can get shirts/tops at almost any stall in any of the shopping Malls i.e. Mikes shopping arcade (2nd Road - two locations), Big C and Royal Garden Plaza. Even in the lower-end arcades along Beach Road, most of the traders are willing to let you try on the article to see if it fits. Prices are a lot cheaper here than in Mikes, Big C or Royal Garden Malls - but of course "branded" goods in the lower-end arcades are copies or seconds - this may even be the case at some of the stalls in the upper-end Malls.

It is highly recommended you try on the item no matter where you intend to buy it as XL and XXL size labels in Thailand vary wildly and can be as much as two sizes different from the "western" idea of what these sizes should be - trust me, I know from bitter experience ! ALSO, Try each item on as even within articles of the same make and design what are supposed to be identical sizes differ.

Monty-old
October 29th, 2006, 00:45
CALL in to see me and I can tell you where to buy or have made,
A good idea is bring one of your old shirts , then you can have them copied in your choice of fabric.

2lz2p
October 29th, 2006, 06:08
Snowkat is correct regarding sizes -- I have found Thai XXXL to often be smaller than US XL -- personally, I have my shirts made -- price ranges from 600 to 800 baht depending on material -- I tried two tailors (one Indian owned shop in Jomtien Complex and the other a Thai owned shop on Jomtien Beach Road). I prefer the Thai owned shop. It is named -- Jacks on a short distance before Jomtien Beach Soi 9 if traveleing away from the Dongtan police box. I also had a suit made there (3,500 baht) for use on my recent trip to US (attending a close relative's wedding) - I recommended the place to a friend and he had some cotton trousers made and is satisfied with the fit and they seem to be holding up well.

anakot
October 29th, 2006, 06:53
One of the great delights of buying shirts when XL/XXL is pronounced 'EK L' / 'EK EK L'.

Altho not quite as good as the delightful waiters excusing themselves when placeing dishes on the table...'Skewer me, skewer me..." Reply is usually... "Now! here! Before I've eaten or later..." LOL!

October 29th, 2006, 08:50
Thanks for the info much appreciated

Boxer
October 29th, 2006, 12:52
Outlet shop in Big C on Second Road also on first floor

Aunty
October 29th, 2006, 14:14
I recommended the place to a friend and he had some cotton trousers made............................and they seem to be holding up well.

Well I'm glad to hear it. Otherwise it could be highly embarrassing.

October 30th, 2006, 04:44
There's a shop on 2nd road, just up frpm Pattaya Tai, that advertises sizes up to 6XL.
Have also seen XL and XXL in the Tuesday/Friday market nr Tukcom

bao-bao
October 30th, 2006, 21:03
A good idea is bring one of your old shirts , then you can have them copied in your choice of fabric.

That's the best idea on the sizing difference dilemma, Monty. I wish I'd have thought of that myself this trip. Oh well, there's always the next time!

Of course, maybe if I'd get up from the floor and away from the food sooner I'd be able to fit into the smaller "XXL-really-a-US-XL"!