PDA

View Full Version : My boyfriend and "Ocular Degeneration"

October 26th, 2006, 23:36
My boyfriend had his latest appointment at the HIV clinic earlier today. He went through a very bad period a few months back but is now reasonably strong and back full time at his college course.

Unfortunately his CD4 count is down again which is not good news as it was low already. I think that a heavy cold might have had some impact on that.

However there's now something new to worry about which is "Ocular degeneration" or a cataract. He's been having problems with one of his eyes and this diagnosis of a cataract has only just been made. As with all his problems it will take a week or two for me to get all the facts so I've no idea at the moment how serious it is or if it is stabilised or will get worse.

It doesn't seem to be causing him too much trouble and I think he's trying to ignore it as he's terrified of any mention of an operation. He wore glasses once but hasn't done so now for years after he accidentally sat on them.

So one more thing to try and sort out when I'm in Thailand at Christmas and the New year.

In an earlier thread someone mentioned boyfriend's forgetting your birthday. My boyfriend never does as he uses my date of birth as his lottery number every week. He's convinced that he will win eventually and is then going to buy a house for me to retire to. As that won't be for at least another 12 years he's plenty more opportunities to win...

October 27th, 2006, 22:51
My boyfriend never does as he uses my date of birth as his lottery number every week. He's convinced that he will win eventually and is then going to buy a house for me to retire to.

Your faithful and kind support has given him reason to be an optimist. Good luck to you both.