Aussie B.B.Q.
First Beer.
Raffle.
Dive For Gold. Thais Only.
Its a Knock out Comp.
Aussie Music.
Show (if the stars turn up.)
Fun Night
Tickets on the gate 200 bht (U.K. pound 2.80) (U.S.$5.00) (AU.$6.60)( EURO 4)
Dont miss a fun night out.
And dont forget the BOYS.

January 23rd, 2006, 11:37
"Its a knockout comp"

Monty,is that with or without the pool sticks?

Can we have your website,i have forgotten it.

.It seems some of my posts are being deleted

Brad the Impala
January 23rd, 2006, 13:45
The previous post publicising this event, by Guardian Angel, aka LMTU, said:

All profits will be going to Guardian Angels Care Center plus Thais4life, to help Guys via Dr Philippe Seur and the Camillion HIV Center Rayong....who cant work to pay there rent a food and taxi to the Hospitals and there social well being.

No mention of it in Monty's posting, so is that now not the case or was it actually never the case?

elephantspike
January 23rd, 2006, 13:50
Monty's Pool Bar (http://www.gardencentre.com.au/beauzo/index.html)

lonelywombat
January 23rd, 2006, 17:14
The previous post publicising this event, by Guardian Angel, aka LMTU, said:

All profits will be going to Guardian Angels Care Center plus Thais4life, to help Guys via Dr Philippe Seur and the Camillion HIV Center Rayong....who cant work to pay there rent a food and taxi to the Hospitals and there social well being.

No mention of it in Monty's posting, so is that now not the case or was it actually never the case?

There is a lot of rubbish posted regards Montys efforts for those less fortunate that us.

Probably the 2 people who walked out of the Xmas Dinner without paying, are the biggest loudmouths here.

It was promoted on all gay forums, so it is reasonable to assume that they were gay.

Monty will not allow people to publicize his personal contributions to various charities.

I know Hedda gives him shit. Yet without any publicity he has guaranteed a salary for the manager of the center

out of his own pocket. 5000 baht per month

How many of you loud mouths offer anything.

Hedda, I am sure he would be delighted if you came forward to audit his accounts.

January 24th, 2006, 02:46
Are you going to edit this blokes post Elephantspike?
You deleted mine and this Aussie prick has called people cunts?
At least i leave a few spaces when i use the word c...t.
These Aussies all they do is swearin and fightin.

Fair sucker the sav Wombat your really spittin the dummy today mate,why you so bloody agro for?
Fair Dinkum mate dont let these drongos make you troppo.
Maybe the bludgers didnt have a brass razoo that shot thru without paying,half of them and you blokes know who you are,dont come within a cooee of Pattaya most times of the year anyway.and are fairytale wusses.
They are knockers of Montys hard yakka,they think its a piece of piss running a charity,we all know MONTYS true blue,they are just telling furphys cause none of them probaly go within a cooee of montys anyway.
The knockers are trying to say MOntys charity is not true blue and is a claytons and we know its fair dinkum so dont let the cunts make you pissed off Wombat.
They tell each other in their little clicks nuthin but bull.Mate their the claytons believe me,they all go to vinnies and pretend there something more.Half of them are queens with their daks around their ankles and their old fellas hanging out. and as pumpkin scones joh said Dont you worry about that.
I hope all you blokes read LOnely wombats and my message and see what you reckon.I hope you got the idea what we meant exactly.
Ah good to see u edited your post to take out the word c...t,you old sneaky c...t!

Michael
January 24th, 2006, 06:16
Dive For Gold. Thais Only.

I can't imagine an invent or competition in the United Kingdom that in excludes people on the basis of their race.

Brad the Impala
January 25th, 2006, 00:38
Not knocking anyone or their charitable activities, as I only know of Monty and the Guardian Angels from what is posted here. However when the Guardian Angel posts that all profits from this event are going to charity, then the actual venue owner posts without referring to this, it's not unreasonable to ask if an event being publicised here is for charity or not!

Note that there has been no response from either poster.

January 25th, 2006, 02:45
Well I suppose it is for charity,but i dont think 100 % will be going to charity,how is the venue owner gonna pay for the piss and the grub if he gave all of it to charity.I dunno what sort of grub he s having to eat there but someone s gotta pay for it.Mate even if 10 % went to charity i would be happy with that.Montys is a small business not like the bars in Boyztown,MONTY is the true Aussie battler,battling to survive out there and helping those down and out on their luck.hes a working class aussie battler out their trying to run a business and showing some human spirit to help those kids and others who have HIV and down on their luck.
He s a working class man who is not in the best of health making a lot less than you do but still gives his time and his money to help those kids who otherwise would be left in the gutter.Dont knock a battler with a heart of gold.Remember the time someone posted on here he saw two old thai blokes sitting in the gutter for a few days outside that wat in Pattaya.I didnt hear of anyone else go down there,except MONTY who reported back he had asked them if they wanted help,i didnt hear any rich businesspeople step in to help or any THais. :flower:

Doug
January 25th, 2006, 04:08
I stayed at Monty's for 3 nights at the start of my last 6 week vacation. Mrsydney, your description of Monty is spot on. His treatment of his staff, rent boys, welfare boys and farangs is often gruff, blunt and non-face-saving. This attitude can be a shock at first but it's not long before you will glimpse his caring, heart-of-gold.

I had a Thai friend who was trying to start his own business as a tile layer. I heard Monty mention he wanted to replace a few worn tiles but was having problems finds someone to do it. I quickly suggested my novice friend and Monty immediately told me to bring him around. I introduced them commenting that my job was done and their business was between them.

Unfortunately my Thai friend believed he saw a fat wallet and grossly inflated his estimate. Monty scoffed and made a realistic and informed counter offer which was rejected by my friend. Monty dismissed him without further discussion. My friend was furious at how he had been treated by Monty. I said nothing. My friend was appalled that I still went to Montys for coffee and to the pool.

Later, my friend admitted that Monty was right. He realized that he had missed a great opportunity to do a small job for low pay but to do so as an advertising effort. I, for one, appreciated Monty's abrupt honesty in dealing with my friend. It was a great lesson for a beginning businessman.

I have seen nothing to doubt Monty's veracity.

Monty-old
January 25th, 2006, 07:33
All the profits from the will go to G.A.P. Care house, which is being refitted at this time, and will be ready in a week, And i will have an OPEN DAY for all to come and see what has been done.Why a refit? the rooms were just to small 12ft x 4 ft. I would have not lived there ,so could not ask others to do so.
we also intend to put in 4 new toilets and hot water in the showers.
Nothing is free in Thailand, and all has to be paid for.
I would like to thank All That have helped,
by giving the furniture and the donations.
I Will donate a keg of beer, and 2 free weekends at Monty's B& B,and the 1000 bht for dive for Gold. Kevin Throb.is giving a bottle of Whiskey,Peter Balcony also, L.M.T.U. a DVD player, for the Raffle. And there will More.
SO DON'T MISS OUT. A Fun night for all the 26th Jan 8 p.m.At MONTY'S POOL BAR.

January 25th, 2006, 11:55
and get along to this bash if for no other reason than to glimpse mrsydney doing his impersonation of an Aussie ocker.

It's for a good cause and it's genuine.

Brad the Impala
January 25th, 2006, 13:34
Thanks for the clarification, good luck for a successful evening.

January 25th, 2006, 17:39
Are whinging POMS allowed?

January 25th, 2006, 17:53
Is it encouraged to bring your own boy, or is there a plentiful supply already in attendance?

Monty-old
January 26th, 2006, 07:10
Yes Poms are allowed, Also Sepic tanks, Taffy's, Scots,Irish, and most other breeds, and I will buy you a drink if you can tell me what or where the word Poms comes from.

You can bring your own boy or boys, as many as you like.

Happy Aussie Day.

jinks
January 27th, 2006, 00:37
I'm a pome but not a Prisoner Of Mother England

Monty-old
January 27th, 2006, 07:34
Hi Jink
Call in for a free Bacardi & Coke Next time your in town.

Now What Year did HI JINKS win the Melbourne Cup ?

January 27th, 2006, 07:48
Who won last years Sydney Cup?
Who won the Melbourne Cup in 1983?

i hate Melbourne.

MELBOURNE-THE PRIVATELY OWNED AUSSIE STATE.
PAINTERS AND DOCKERS UNION,BLF ,NORM GALLAGHER,JOHN HALFPENNY,BLOODY JEFF KENNETT,AFL,GREECE,RAINING RAINING RAINING! ELSTERNWICK,ST KILDA,SPENCER ST ,ALL PRIVATISED.

cottmann
January 27th, 2006, 07:55
Hi Jink
Call in for a free Bacardi & Coke Next time your in town.

Now What Year did HI JINKS win the Melbourne Cup ?

Hijinx won in 1960. Jockey WA Smith, trainer T Knowles

Monty-old
January 27th, 2006, 10:07
Hi All And thanks to all that attended last night ,I hope everyone had a good time.
40 people turn up, 4000 bht for GAP. the raffle raised 3310 bht.
So 7310 was raised, I will round it off to 8000 bht.
Enough to get 2 toilets and 2 hot water service for the Care House.
Thanks again to all that helped.
Monty

January 27th, 2006, 14:42
Well tell us what happened?
Any Karaoke? Did Molly turn up?
Did anyone sing? Strip? Fight?
Anything Exciting happen?

Did you have ice cream ? Mate people wanna know so they can go next party your having.

January 28th, 2006, 03:20
You really arnt gonna tell us what happened are ya Monty.
Oh well if you wanna keep it secret mate,if you wanna hold secret parties where ya gotta be there to see it,well........................................we ll just have to go to the next one wont we.........to find out what happens.

Did you actually sing TIE ME KANGAROO DOWN SPORT?

January 28th, 2006, 06:00

I believe it's more correctly Prisoner of His Majesty and P.O.H.M was dyed onto prison garb.

Wouldn't POME be pronounced to rhyme with "home"?

cottmann
January 28th, 2006, 08:37

I believe it's more correctly Prisoner of His Majesty and P.O.H.M was dyed onto prison garb.

Wouldn't POME be pronounced to rhyme with "home"?

Both are incorrect and folk rumor only. The term comes from pomegranate. H J Rumsey wrote about it in 1920 in the introduction to his book The Pommies, or New Chums in Australia. He suggested that the word began life on the wharves in Melbourne as a form of rhyming slang. An immigrant was at first called a Jimmy Grant (was there perhaps a famous real person by that name around at the time?), but over time this shifted to Pommy Grant, perhaps as a reference to pomegranate, because the new chums did burn in the sun. Later pommy became a word on its own and was frequently abbreviated still further. The pomegranate theory was also given some years earlier in The Anzac Book of 1916.

January 28th, 2006, 12:14
DELETED

Monty-old
January 29th, 2006, 01:37
Mr Sydney

WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM A BLOODY TELL TAIL SNICH.
I could'nt tell you that L.M.T.U. made more visits to the buffet than you could.
I could'nt tell you how many pair of white shoes there were.
I could'nt tell you who was seen taking 4 boys to the chang rooms, to help them put on there swimmers.
I could'nt tell you we drank a full keg of beer.
I could'nt tell you the steak, prawns, fish. sausages, were great.
I could'nt tell you that we had 2 Tina Turners.
I could tell you that there was a stunning young man in a top hat ,that change into a woman right befor our eyes.
I could tell you how many Engish footy thugs were there.
I could'nt tell you how many Aussi Ockers were there.
I could'nt tell you who got pushed in to the pool.

I can tell you we all had a great night.
May be we could have one when your in Pattaya next.
Or you could have one for all your friends , It could be called a BILLY BASH
See you soon.

Monty-old
January 29th, 2006, 09:14
OPPS<<< Sorry LMTU it must have been one of your many look alikes.
That visited the buffet at least 14 times.
At least no one went hungry.
My pen rai.

January 29th, 2006, 15:37
I can tell you we all had a great night.
Maybe we could have one when you're in Pattaya next.
Or you could have one for all your friends , It could be called a BILLY BASH
See you soon.

After I read that Billy plans to be there at the same time I'd planned; I was thinking of changing my plans.
'This town ain't't big enough for the both of us!'
At least; not one of those bamboo settees one finds in so many of the beer bars.
(Although I'm a wee slip of a thing.)
But if that means we get to bash Billy, I'll be there! I'll even plan my trip around the event!
(I wonder if I can get my whips & chains through the airport inspection?...Maybe just the cat? O'nine tails.)
After we bash him can we toss him in the pool!
Um...I guess that would pollute the water...and would require renting a baby elephant...for the tossing.
Cruelty to baby elephants?
Well, not if not used to administer the 'other' kind of 'tossing.'
Wouldn't want to thrill him or kill him...I mean Billy--And the baby elephant.