PDA

View Full Version : Fire in Hollywood

colmx
October 24th, 2006, 00:56
Bf texted me earlier (at approx 8) to say that there had been a fire in Hollywood...

Latest reports are that it wasn't all that serious - just the entrance hall and they should be open later in the week...

Apparently caused my Joss Sticks in a Spiirit House...

Anybody else here about this?

Glad it didn't happen when there were people inside...
Not sure i ever noticed an emergency exit in Hollywood!

Up2U
October 24th, 2006, 01:11
Bf texted me earlier (at approx 8) to say that there had been a fire in Hollywood...

Latest reports are that it wasn't all that serious - just the entrance hall and they should be open later in the week...

Apparently caused my Joss Sticks in a Spiirit House...

Anybody else here about this?

Glad it didn't happen when there were people inside...

A few pics from ThaiVisa...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89714

DonMuang-old
October 24th, 2006, 01:28

Did you ever see one in a bar? Upstairs Adams Apple for example?
Scary, scary......

October 24th, 2006, 01:45
How many times does this death trap have to catch fire before they finally bulldoze the ugly eyesore?

Jetsam
October 24th, 2006, 01:54

Did you ever see one in a bar? Upstairs Adams Apple for example?
Scary, scary......

what about Maya Pub in walking street 150+ people on the first floor with one single steep stair to the entrance/exit one floor lower :8(

TrongpaiExpat
October 24th, 2006, 14:03
When Thailand gets around to enforcing fire codes and laws they will also have the inclination and means to enforce restrictions of nude dancing and prostitution. Then 90% of you will be moving on to Cambodia.

The remaining 10% can turn Pattaya into Ft Lauderdale.

October 24th, 2006, 14:04
When Thailand gets around to enforcing fire codes and laws they will also have the inclination and means to enforce restrictions of nude dancing and prostitution. Then 90% of you will be moving on to Cambodia.

The remaining 10% can turn Pattaya into Ft Lauderdale.

Right, Trongpai. They want everything that makes Thailand a third world country fixed EXCEPT the rampant prostitution problem. Ha ha ha.

October 24th, 2006, 14:47
A fire in a Spirit house.

Typically; if there is a Fire Exit it's chained.

Geezer
October 24th, 2006, 15:20
That few establishments have working fire exits is reprehensible. However, anyone (including myself) frequenting such a place has himself to blame.

Up2U
October 24th, 2006, 17:20
Video from GayThailand.com Website:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4218529677 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8763911514218529677)

October 24th, 2006, 22:45
1. no crowd control
2. amazingly, there was water coming out of hoses.
3. destruction quite severe - which suggests that there was quite a lot of inflammable material used in building the entrance - wood? curtains? plastic?.... in turn this suggests that designers/planners had no idea how to plan for safety.

October 24th, 2006, 23:02
1. no crowd control
2. amazingly, there was water coming out of hoses.
3. destruction quite severe - which suggests that there was quite a lot of inflammable material used in building the entrance - wood? curtains? plastic?.... in turn this suggests that designers/planners had no idea how to plan for safety.

And this all comes as a surprise to you?