PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Report on Thailand for the week of October 22 delayed

Gaypattayan
October 23rd, 2006, 04:27
Sorry, guys, but the Weekly Report on Thailand for the week of October 22, 2006, will necessarily be delayed. I should never "brag" about how few times the Weekly Report has been delayed!

I have run into so many problems tonight that I am going to give up for the night and try again tomorrow with the weekly report. My machine has "lost" a nearly complete copy of 80% perhaps of the weekly report and it cannot be found; other copies of the weekly report in parts are messed up.

Worse, I personally am "discombobulated" -- I can't reason things at all, can't follow lines of reasoning, and now am having trouble typing.

I will post on the Sawatdee Gay Thailand board and on the Gay Thailand board that the WR will be delayed but hopefully may be up sometime Monday.

That is a hope, not a promise. A lot of my mail has been "lost" for no apparent reason. I can do a reduced version of the report and maybe supplement it later, if necessary, but a lot of material received from Boxer has been lost -- maybe he will resend. Mail from others appears to have been lost too, but nothing overly important hopefully.

I don't understand what goes with my computer tonight. Crazily I use Netscape Composer for almost all of my Weekly Report work, but suddenly the Weekly Report "registers" as an Internet Explorer type document. Some documents don't let me erase or make corrections or deletions, en masse or in small items. Hopefully by morning when I have more partience, I can reason things out more logically, and resolve the problems.

I assume I will have less problems in the morning, when I hopefully will be refreshed and more alert.

My apologies to everyone, especially those whom I know actually wait for the report.

Allen (G.P.)

October 23rd, 2006, 05:43
Allen,

Hey take it easy. We all love your weekly reports dearly and know the emphasis that you make on getting it out on time week after week and year after year but please do not feel it is ruling your life. Computers are a mystery to all and when you have worked on something for hours and a typo wipes it all away it can you leave one suicidal. I still remember working well into the wee small hours back in the early 90s to crack a spreadsheet. I was in and hotel office and I went for a pee and when I came back the Night Porter had gone in to the empty office and switched the lights and plugs off.

I hope that you are soon un-discombobulated - or should that just be combobulated - two negatives? - I jest. When you are relaxed and ready and have things sorted we look forward to the report but your health and happiness is a higher priority.

Take good care of yourself.

October 23rd, 2006, 06:36
I know how it is when things just want work on a PC.
I for one appreciate all the time you put towards the weekly report
Get a good night rest and don't worry about it
Thanks for all your hard work

bing
October 23rd, 2006, 07:17
I am one who looks forward to your weekly posting but I understand the far distant fates sometimes cast a mean spirited glance in our direction. As the Aussies say, "No Worries Mate." Just know there are many who appreciate your weekly update.

October 23rd, 2006, 10:53
I am one who looks forward to your weekly posting ... Just know there are many who appreciate your weekly update.

Ditto ... Thank you for all the helpful information and news updates, they are a real treasure (like yourself). I hope you are feeling less 'discombobulated' today. Kindest regards.

Gaypattayan
October 23rd, 2006, 18:15
Although the major problems seem to have been worked out, some new things come up (as usual) making completion of the weekly report delayed even more. As soon as possible, but as someone kindly suggested, I won't worry about another day this week.

Allen (G.P.)