PDA

View Full Version : Everlasting love.........

October 17th, 2006, 14:36
Is there any such thing for us, I wonder.
Periodically on this forum a smitten member will write along the lines of " finally last night I met THE boy special. He's just perfect "....yadda yadda yadda.

Soooo, I wondered if ANY of these relationships do actually last forever, till death us do part and all that. See when I was in my 20's I lusted after guys in the 18-24 bracket. In my 30's that didn't change any and now in my 40's....same same!
I have to conclude therefore that I'll never change. I see guys now who two decades ago looked just so mmmm yummy but now, well they just don't. It's logical then that I just don't see myself EVER finding someone I'd give a long term committment to.
I don't know, maybe it's just me, maybe I'm just an emotional iceberg when it comes to the love thing. On the other hand on my two visits to LOS I don't recall seeing any 70 yr old farang wandering around with a 50 yr old "bs" in tow either. Curious then to know if anyone has ever found the special one, promised to keep him forever and kept that promise. Who is or has the oldest boy special in town? Did anyone actually find that everlasting love?

October 17th, 2006, 14:47
My bs is less than four years my junior. When I'm seventy, he'll be 66, and I hope we are still together. After nearly 20 years together already, I expect we will be.

Aunty
October 17th, 2006, 14:59
I'm 45, and I think I'd quite like to have a 'Thai boy special' who was 35-40. I don't think I'd want to go to a bar or club and see lots of 40-somethings in their undies doing a fucking show, but for someone to spend some time with in LOS, yes I think I'd much rather have an older guy than a younger guy. But would I fall head-over-heels in love with an older guy, Hmmm, I don't know. I wonder if there are any host bars that have older 30+ guys??

But generally Steve, I think you're right in what you say. Does that concern you at all? By the way, I've never found 'the one', well not a Thai anyway.

PeterUK
October 17th, 2006, 17:25
Most of the contributors to a board like this are boy-lovers (prone to much huffing and puffing as to the age at which said boys become desirable - often, miraculously, it seems to occur on their eighteenth birthday). Given that it is the physical appearance and youthful enthusiasm of boys that appeal, it is very unlikely that a relationship with one will turn into a lifelong commitment because boys don't remain boys for very long. The best that can usually be hoped for is that it will turn into a close friendship, without sex any more, in due course. A relationship like that could indeed last a lifetime, but the older person would probably continue to seek sex and love elsewhere, with younger people, since that is the nature of his obsession.

October 17th, 2006, 17:47
... that many visitors to Thailand are closet paedophiles who lust after Asian youths since they look so much younger than Western youths in the same age bracket, are you? Let The Flaming Begin

October 17th, 2006, 17:59
One of the boys I offed when I first came to Thailand 16 years ago became my "special". He was 19 when I met him. Every time I came to Thailand (sometimes 2 or 3 times a year) he spent the whole holiday with me and we travelled together extensively throughout the country. After the first couple of years the monetary side of the relationship petered out (I might add at his insistence) and, apart from paying for his food and incidental expenses, there were no "tips"involved.
This continued for another 7 years but gradually the sex became less important and eventually became non-existant. Instead the relationship grew into a strong friendship. We mutually agreed to continue seeing each other every time I visited, but purely in a platonic relationship. He married a girl from his home town in 2002 and they moved to Chachoengsao where he had found work as a baker. They have twin 3 year old boys now.

His wife is well aware of our past and I stay with them for a few days each time I visit Thailand. They look after me very well and will not accept any money for the stay - I have to bring them presents in kind to ease my conscience but even then they are loath to accept them. Although he does not know it at the moment, I am in the process of setting up a trust fund to pay for the boys' education.

I suppose the moral of this story is that you CAN meet someone special but the relationship changes over time, in my case from a sexual attraction to a long-lasting platonic friendship, which I greatly value.

Aunty
October 17th, 2006, 18:03
Although he does not know it at the moment, I am in the process of setting up a trust fund to pay for the boys' education.

Good for you! :flower:

Brad the Impala
October 19th, 2006, 04:10
My bs is less than four years my junior. When I'm seventy, he'll be 66, and I hope we are still together. After nearly 20 years together already, I expect we will be.

I hope that you remain together, however as you are pedant-in-chief, I feel obliged to point out to you that if your bs is less than four years your junior shouldn't you be less than 70 when he is 66?
[/i]

October 19th, 2006, 04:49
The best that can usually be hoped for is that it will turn into a close friendship, without sex any more, in due course.

sounds like a str8 marriage to me!

while I find my "friend" incredibly sexy, its his quirky outlook I luv him for