PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Food in Pattaya?

bigben
October 16th, 2006, 20:29
On one of the other boards someone asked about Mexican restaurants in Pattaya and Bangkok. Are there any decent ones?

Mentioned was Tequila Reef on soi 7тАФGay friendly??? Not sure. Food is Ok and the drinks are quite good.

Blue Parrot across from the New Orleans---Gay friendly??? Not sure. On the same level as Tequila Reef in my opinion.

Mikes, on the way to Jomtiem from Pattaya past CaptainтАЩs Corner---Gay friendly??? Not sure Food was a little over priced for what you got (small portions) but ok.

Any others in Pattaya?

When I lived in Bangkok I would always eat at Bourbon Street in the Washington Square when the craving for Mexican food possessed me.

The food was above average compared to most of the eateries in Pattaya. (Not all). Was it Gay friendly?? Not sure.

Thier site is http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/

So the question is asked againтАж.. Any decent Mexican joints in Pattaya besides the ones listed above?

Yes, I know these are not gay owned, but sometimes one has to think outside the BOX if good food is important to you.

October 26th, 2006, 07:56
The Tequila Reef is pretty good, and I know a bit about Mexican food. Not that the TR is particularly authentic, but its good stuff.

I have no idea if its gay friendly.

October 26th, 2006, 15:36
Newbie, are some restaurants in Thailand not gay friendly, I pretty much thought all of them couldn't give a hoot?

October 26th, 2006, 20:27
Unless there is Mexican food in Pattaya that's significantly better than that on offer in Bangkok (doubtful), I wouldn't advise going anywhere near it.

2lz2p
October 29th, 2006, 06:53
Mentioned was Tequila Reef on soi 7тАФGay friendly??? Not sure. Food is Ok and the drinks are quite good.

Blue Parrot across from the New Orleans---Gay friendly??? Not sure. On the same level as Tequila Reef in my opinion.

Mikes, on the way to Jomtiem from Pattaya past CaptainтАЩs Corner---Gay friendly??? Not sure Food was a little over priced for what you got (small portions) but ok.

Any others in Pattaya?

I have eaten at Tequila Reef and Mikes several times. Not sure what you mean by "Gay friendly," as I haven't experienced any "gay unfriendly" places in Thailand. Having lived in San Antonio, Texas and visited many cities and towns in South Texas, I wouldn't classify either as "great" except for the chili con carne at TR. The mexican food at Mikes is okay, but on my first visit, I didn't recognize the dishes -- may be the same name as some Tex-Mex, but certainly wasn't prepared the same (tasty enough for me to go back and the location is more convenient for me than TR since I live in the Jomtien area) == TR's is more recognizable plus they offer choices other than mexican food -- I'm not to fond of walking past all the girly bars on their soi to get to the place -- however, I will put up with almost anything to get a bowl of their chili con carne -- a few times, I have ordered TR's chili and other appitizers to go with it to be delivered by Door to Door (when too lazy to go out or fix at home).

[I meant to post this reply earlier in the week, but for some reason during the week I can't access the forum unless I use a proxy, which doesn't let me post = however, on Sundays, I seem to have no problem through regular connection - ?? :-)]