View Full Version : New Airport to Silom area Time ??

Blueskytoday
October 16th, 2006, 14:51
Anyone know the average time it takes from the new airport
to Silom area...Thanks

October 16th, 2006, 14:58
Depends on the day / time. I'd say 40 mins on average. All bets are off, though, if it's a Friday pay-day, the beginning of a long weekend, and pouring down rain.

PeterUK
October 16th, 2006, 15:19
Not what you ask but I did note that it took my taxi one hour forty minutes to get me from the new airport to Pattaya in moderate traffic the other day. That compares with about two hours ten minutes that it used to take from Don Muang. For the life of me I don't see how the saving of just thirty minutes justifies all the estate agent hype about subsequently soaring Pattaya property values.

October 16th, 2006, 15:49
For the life of me I don't see how the saving of just thirty minutes justifies all the estate agent hype about subsequently soaring Pattaya property values.

The Realtors mantra: "Location, location, location!"

Unh-huh. Thirty minutes less to, same-same, Pattaya.

TrongpaiExpat
October 16th, 2006, 16:09
40 mins, 1 hour 40 min, 2 hours 10 min : Boy, you guys do a lot of tinkin with exact measurements. The Thai way to time events are long time, long time too much, nit noy and I forgot to come but not forget tomorrow, promiss.

October 19th, 2006, 16:34
I live on Silom, and go to the airport frequently. The average travel time is about 35 - 40 minutes, longer if you are arriving in the morning or leaving around 5pm. Insist on taking the Motorway (Rama IX) -- if you take the Bang Na expressway, it will add at least 30 minutes to the trip because you must travel several km on a local road between the expressway and the airport. The airport is directly connected to the Motorway.

October 19th, 2006, 22:50
... my Blog, "Ripping yarns from a visa runner", it's pretty much the same time to the new as to the old airport - http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... .php?e=310 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblog_entry.php?e=310)