PDA

View Full Version : News from Jomtien Complex

Monty-old
October 15th, 2006, 09:03
A lot is happening in Jomtien, Bondi is opening a new bar, next door to the hotel. the ex Iron Man gym.
Right opp a new gay beer bar is opening soon. No Name as yet but the guy from the U.S. that's opening it is go to have 20 boys working there.
The new show is in full swing at Over The Rainbow, plus Go Go boys before and after the show, that starts at 10 p.m.
Monty' Enchanted Hut has a new menu, Plus Thai show from 8 p.m. And is holding a fund raiser for Take Care,on 21st Oct.
The sad news is that Little Britten, is close for good, Gary the owner is returning to U.K. for treatment on his leg.
(I thought I was the Only Gay in the Village,) But NO there now about 15 gay venues, in the complex, it is the just the start of thing to come. If you have not been to Jontiem Complex, Do So, you can relax at the many Gay bars and restaurants. It is very Clean up market , but Not over the top prices.
Here is a list of some of the gay & gay friendly venues Dick's Cafe,Bondi, Monty's Enchanted Hut,Duo House,Exxit, Hot Stone Grill,L'Oliver Restaurant, La Dolce Vita, Over The Rainbow, Question Mark, Queens,Two Faces, Poseidon,
It is only a rumor that Tony's is planing to open in the complex, beer bars, disco, night club, market stalls & shops,
All the car park. at Jomtien EX Complex.
More on that later.

TrongpaiExpat
October 15th, 2006, 13:26
I just spent a week at the Poseidon and I am sad to hear that Little Britten is closing. Of all the Jomtiem Complex venues I was drawn by the freindly and cute boys at the door to go inside two times. If you find a boy that grabs your attention you can take him inside to a comfortable bar and have a drink with him, talk and what-ever. The air is on high and the music on low. I took two farangs friends to this place that live in Pattaya but have never been there before and both said they would be back. I guess not now.

Maybe someone will copy this format.

bigben
October 15th, 2006, 13:28
Finally back in Pattaya after a month up north. I had dinner at the new Pizza place (in the center of the complex) last night, and it was pretty good. I canтАЩt wait to try the other places in the complex.

I agree that Jomtiem Complex is going a little upscale like Sunee has been for several months. What I still donтАЩt like about Jomtiem Complex is the sick and barking Soi dogs that appear after sundown.

I also donтАЩt like all the breeder bars that one has to walk past to get inside the complex where most of the gay or gay friendly establishments are. I donтАЩt have a dislike for the breeder bars (as I have mentioned before) but I donтАЩt like the dirty looks of some of the straight males, walking with my boy friend. It is uncomfortable for me.

Maybe after a year or two the breeders will get used to gays walking by тАЬtheirтАЭ bars at night in the complex area.

One solution is to park in the upstairs semi-secured parking area and then you can just bounce down the stairs and be in front of the Bondi and in the middle of the semi-gay scene.

Overall I still prefer Boyz town for the safety aspect. Just my opinion.

TrongpaiExpat
October 15th, 2006, 13:43
I had breakfast at Two Faces just about every morning. Decent food, bacon cooked well and excellent rolls and bread, not the usual Tesco in a package stuff. Only 95B

Not quite in the complex but near, Magon for excellent steaks. I did not sample the food, but I joined a friend that did and it looked good, Simon's Fish and Chips and they have more on the menu that just fish and chips.

Monty-old
October 16th, 2006, 01:05
I did forget to mention Darby's Massage, also Martins, and opening Soon is the best fitted kitchen I have ever seen ,
I Am sorry I can not for the life of me remember the the name, just my Mantle block, I have meet the top chef in charge and he is a very like able bloke, it will be a top standard place , if there food is as good as the fit out ,
IT will be great, where is it,, right behind Monty's Enchanted Hut , in the next soi.
Also I been told that a new massage parlor is opening Right next door to Poseidon, The first shop in the soi, it is being fitted out as i speak.
but not sure yet if is straight or Gay,
will let you know.

October 16th, 2006, 01:34
And dont forget BOYCOTT DUO HOUSE....remember this...
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=9345 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9345)
gerefan

Monty-old
October 16th, 2006, 08:18
FLAMBOYANT

October 16th, 2006, 16:13
I think a boycott of Duo House is rather unfair to them, although it might suit some of their competitors. The Duo House people have taken very seriously the comment that a contributor to this forum had his locker there robbed. I have no idea about the accuracy of the comment.
Duo House has now installed a second lock, of the padlock kind, on each locker. The keys are all different and I would guess that a master key could not be used. I should add that I have no financial interest in, and have never had any honesty problems with, any of the businesses in Jomtien Complex.

October 16th, 2006, 16:34
I planned to stay at Jomtiem complex (Bondi) for 3 days and move on.

7 days later im still here! They are doing something right!

Monty-old
October 17th, 2006, 01:24
That the name of the new bar 2 doors down from Monty's Enchanted Hut is going to be called CURTAIN Restaurant & Lounge, The owner Mitchel informed that it will be Continental cuisine.
Will keep you informed on his Opening date.
I must add that there are No stray Dog in the complex now , a few pet Dogs, That do not bit. And the management have a dog cage inside the car park , to lock up any stray Dogs the might enter the complex , What more can they do.

Monty-old
October 21st, 2006, 08:50
Queen's is now under a New owner, A guy from Spain, Has bought it.
But the charming manager is still running the restaurant for him.

jimnbkk
October 21st, 2006, 19:54
I think a boycott of Duo House is rather unfair to them, although it might suit some of their competitors. The Duo House people have taken very seriously the comment that a contributor to this forum had his locker there robbed. I have no idea about the accuracy of the comment.
Duo House has now installed a second lock, of the padlock kind, on each locker. The keys are all different and I would guess that a master key could not be used. I should add that I have no financial interest in, and have never had any honesty problems with, any of the businesses in Jomtien Complex.

I quite agree Jonti. I'm the guy that got robbed there, and I'm the guy that exposed them. The reason I had to do it here in a forum is because the 'manager' at the time refused to acknowledge the possibility that I was correct in my accusation. I won't go through it all again. But, if they've corrected the problem, then I agree it's probably unfair to continue to boycott the place. I may even go back there next time I'm in LOS!!