PDA

View Full Version : Medical care now to be totally free

wowpow
October 13th, 2006, 10:54
Patients will receive total free health care, not be charged Bt30

Public Health Minister Dr Mongkol Na Songkhla said Thursday that the Bt30 healthcare scheme must be renamed.

"The 'Bt30-cures-all-diseases' was what the Thai Rak Thai party employed as its marketing gimmick," said Mongkol. "Well, just because I don't want to use this logo of the past government does not mean I don't agree with them. The point is, I don't want the patient to be charged Bt30 [per a hospital visit] any more."

The doctor saw no good reason to charge a patient a Bt30 service-charge as the money was almost nothing to the hospitals joining this scheme, he said.

"They collect the Bt30 and have to write it down in three accounts while other patients wait in a long line," he said. "It's not worth it. Let them save time for more patients."

Mongkol noted that some small health care units collected only Bt120 or Bt150 a day, yet had to spend a great deal of time doing the accounts.

The Nation

Let's hope that the new Governments will abolish all unnecessary, time consuming, paperwork.

October 13th, 2006, 11:37
Hmmm. Thaksin's critics complained that he bankrupted the public medical system by instituting the 30 baht program. What will they say now that even that 30 baht revenue has been taken away?

Oh, and for those who were hoping the Junt were going to be good ol' party boys, new controls on alcohol have just been "decreed". In addition to a total ban on alcohol advertisements in all forms of media, it will now be illegal for convenience stores, restaurants, supermarkets, even beer gardens to display alcoholic products or promotional materials in any form whatsoever.

How will one peruse the wine section at Villa, one wonders? Long Live The Junta!

October 13th, 2006, 11:44
Oh, and the original Thai party boy -- Purachai Piemsomboon -- is back!

Aunty
October 13th, 2006, 12:01
Oh, and the original Thai party boy -- Purachai Piemsomboon -- is back!

Marvelous. Who is he?

October 13th, 2006, 12:07
How will one peruse the wine section at Villa, one wonders? Long Live The ****a!

Yes, I saw that, too, BG. Someone used the "J" word on The Nation today.

I guess the stupidity will continue. I'll never understand why so much of Thailand always wants to be just like the USA or England. Banning alcohol ads, believe me, never did a thing for the US except maybe kill some magazines off. And I still see Bud ads on the SuperBowl. The cult of looking at America for ideas on what to propose to enhance one's career in the civilian government continues.

I mean don't get me wrong. I DO care about children. And I know that covering their eyes protects them from all the evil influences, until they turn 18, at least. But I just think that eventually they will find alcohol. It's like an electric fence across NM! Does little in the end. Just for show. "Buys" votes. Certainly will never solve the "problem". Total bullshit.

Me? I couldn't care whetehr alcohol ads are allowed or not, really. I wouldn't ban them. Seems rather childish, even though I like the anti-materialistic aspect of doing that. But I don't thrive to impose my attitude on others.

October 13th, 2006, 12:08
Oh, no one important. Just the architect of Thaksin's program for moral decency. You know, the one who brought about raids on gay saunas (forcing them to remove doors from private rooms and stopping them from providing condoms). The guy who drove the government to severely restrict entertainment venues' operating hours, and barrage them with raids and pee test brigades. And that's just the beginning...

October 13th, 2006, 12:08
Oh yeah...and he's a religious Christian. Just what Thailand needs.

October 13th, 2006, 23:07
I think it is wrong for them to abolish the 30 baht charge. They should increase to 50 or 100 baht.
The fee will force people to make a judgement wether it is necessary to vist hospital/clinic. For minor flu, minor cuts, or headache, there is no need to go to doctor. But with the free for all policy, you will soon see the hospitals and clinics flooded with patients that do not belong there. Treamendous healthcare resource will be wasted there.

October 19th, 2006, 03:11
For a lot of people out in the sticks 100bt is a day's wages.

October 19th, 2006, 05:50
I think it is wrong for them to abolish the 30 baht charge. They should increase to 50 or 100 baht.
The fee will force people to make a judgement wether it is necessary to vist hospital/clinic. For minor flu, minor cuts, or headache, there is no need to go to doctor. But with the free for all policy, you will soon see the hospitals and clinics flooded with patients that do not belong there. Treamendous healthcare resource will be wasted there.

Scott, how do you know?. I am sure you have your own insurance because you can afford it. Going to a hospital/clinic should be free in all countries. I can tell you that in US, with private insurances the part of National Budgets used for doctors/hospitals are bigger than in countries where it is a part of a public service. Nevertheless, I just have a experience with a guy, not going to doctor because of a flu, who had serious lounge problems who needs antibiotics, and a hand who was hurt, but went out to be broken. Every one should have the rights to see a hospital or a doctor without thinking on how much money is their wallet.
Your have indeed no empathy for poor people and people living in rural areas

Aunty
October 20th, 2006, 01:35
Oh yeah...and he's a religious Christian. Just what Thailand needs.

Interesting.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/505/2627/1600/purachai.0.jpg

(In case the pic link doesn't work)
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/505/ ... chai.0.jpg (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/505/2627/1600/purachai.0.jpg)

October 20th, 2006, 11:00
I think Aunty meant: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/505/ ... rachai.jpg (http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/505/2627/1600/purachai.jpg)

Aunty
October 20th, 2006, 11:54
Thanks Bkkgwm