PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely fabulous

October 11th, 2006, 21:44
I landed at the new aiport yesterday and it was a very pleasant experience. Tons of staff everywhere eager to help and direct - but i didnt need any as i was a bit lucky i guess.

My gate was right near the arrival hall. off the plane - less than 100 metres to immigration. very short queues there. less than 3 minutes wait and as i waited i could see my bag pop out the carousel.

Got my bag and through customs to arrival hall ( indeed very small) and there was my driver right at the front,
So a very quick run through - no long walk for me and i didnt need the smokers room lol

All looked very nice to me and was certainly very efficient. lets see what departures brings in about 3 weeks time.

Well - second night begins - and ooglemans on his way to his second hangover - its great to be home!

llz
October 11th, 2006, 22:56
Nice to get some positive reviews from time to time because a lot of webboards are full with bad experiences - and mostly NOT from inveterate whiners it seems.
Thank you for heartening me eight days before my arrival - although I guess we could endure everything when coming back to LOS ...

October 12th, 2006, 07:01
Thankyou for your feedback regarding the new airport. Have a great holiday and look forward to reading your posts.

October 12th, 2006, 07:55
Have a good hols Oogles! The new airport sounds soooo much better than the old, they must be ironing out all those teething problems that can be expected from a new airport. I wonder if I will miss those endless queues at passport control? Unlikely. But I think I will miss the scale of the old airport, nothing like walking straight out the front door and into a waiting car.