PDA

View Full Version : Mass indignation

October 10th, 2006, 09:44
BUTT OUT for good, is the general sentiment?

Protest against US planned Tuesday

University lecturers, government officers, university students all, will submit an open letter to the US Embassy on Tuesday asking the US government to stop intervening in Thailand's domestic politics.

"We thank the US government for its "concern" over the situation in Thailand. However, we ask the US government to immediately stop voicing its Americanised opinions and actions that are aimed at intervening to Thailand's internal politics," read the letter.

"Please also be respectful to Thai society for we are mature enough to find solutions through the democratic regime under the Monarchy which is different from American Democracy and always will be,"

The US government has been vocal since the coup took place on September 19. It has suspended the military assistance worth USD 23,million and threatened other sanctions, and has tried to pressure the coup makers to remove the emergency decree.

The Nation

October 10th, 2006, 10:05
Yes...the squelching of opinion is what dictatorships do best.

October 10th, 2006, 10:07
Yes...the squelching of opinion is what dictatorships do best.

No need for concern then.

October 10th, 2006, 10:27
Oh, and Cedrid, dear. I trust you will be on the scene to usher the protesters across the street to picket the New Zealand Embassy as well? After all, they voiced the same exact opinions as the American government did. From there, you can continue to any other embassy in town -- except that of the PRC and DPRK, of course.

October 10th, 2006, 10:35
Yes well of course, I assume all those proactive gay westerners will be joining the demonstration today, in support of the Kingdom they love so much. The Americans are the ring leaders for the antipodeans, so no need boyA, thanks for your suggestion.

October 10th, 2006, 10:41
Thanks for the confirmation. I always felt that New Zealanders were too dim to think for themselves. Now I know.

October 10th, 2006, 11:23
Cedric - while I might not agree with U.S. foreign policy, it's clear that shepherds lead and sheep follow. Just because there are obscene numbers of sheep in New Zealand doesn't mean that the human population need emulate them.

You should advocate that people in your home country show some dignity and stop pulling their own wool over their own eyes.

New Zealand is merely a security dependent satellite state. Feel sorry for you.

Aunty
October 10th, 2006, 12:19
Don't drag my country into your menstrual moments. This has nothing to do with NZ. Shame on all three of you, for your ignorance. Perhaps if all of you were better informed you wouldn't be pulling each others hair now.

October 10th, 2006, 13:41
"University lecturers, government officers, university students all, will submit an open letter to the US Embassy on Tuesday asking the US government to stop intervening in Thailand's domestic politics. "..it's a rather quaint notion

October 10th, 2006, 14:47
Seems like BG has taken over the roll of resident troll (same initals as the former boygeorge). Even when you agree with him he disagrees with you. There is no pleasing or trying to talk with this one.

October 10th, 2006, 15:16
Aunty, I had no idea? For some reason it has been assumed I was from New Zealand, while it would be fantastic, it is sadly just not so. Seems Boyhole had some issues with New Zealanders not I, I am sure. I am still counting the years before I can tip toe through it virgin bush and spy on a hairy plump Kiwi for myself.

In fact this issue has nothing, nothing at all to do with New Zealand, nothing at all. Just one of her more annoying lesser allies. While I know you enjoy a MC Donald's and diet Pepsi once in awhile, they have to be considered fair game...I mean thats fairly tame as far as supporting the USA goes, hardly noticeable, whats a snack between friends.

October 10th, 2006, 15:19
Seems like BG has taken over the roll of resident troll (same initals as the former boygeorge). Even when you agree with him he disagrees with you. There is no pleasing or trying to talk with this one.

The IGNORE function is at your disposal.

Aunty
October 10th, 2006, 15:33
Aunty, I had no idea? For some reason it has been assumed I was from New Zealand, while it would be fantastic, it is sadly just not so. Seems Boyhole had some issues with New Zealanders not I, I am sure. I am still counting the years before I can tip toe through it virgin bush and spy on a hairy plump Kiwi for myself.

In fact this issue has nothing, nothing at all to do with New Zealand, nothing at all. Just one of her more annoying lesser allies. While I know you enjoy a MC Donald's and diet Pepsi once in awhile, they have to be considered fair game...I mean thats fairly tame as far as supporting the USA goes, hardly noticeable, whats a snack between friends.

Oh that's all right Cedric. But I really have to wonder, just how many handles does Homiturd actually have?

Actually I think I know where you are from. Hint. Somewhere very flat. Am I right?

Oh by the way, New Zealand and the United States are not allies. We're just very very very good friends. Therefore should New Zealand be attacked by a hoard of snapping sea turtles, or a flotilla of angry shouting Samoans, we'll be on our own!

However I do blame George W. Bush for the current problems we are seeing with the proliferation of nuclear weapons in Iran and North Korea. The sooner that man and his hideous Republican Administration is gone from the world stage, the better.

October 10th, 2006, 15:45
The sooner that man and his hideous Republican Administration is gone from the world stage, the better.

I think almost ALL of us can agree on that. Or is Bucknaway still a GWB fan after all the shit that's come down?

October 10th, 2006, 16:01
Actually I think I know where you are from. Hint. Somewhere very flat. Am I right?

However I do blame George W. Bush for the current problems we are seeing with the proliferation of nuclear weapons in Iran and North Korea. The sooner that man and his hideous Republican Administration is gone from the world stage, the better.

Exactly, just the Thais doing their bit, like all of us. No, not so very flat where I come from, in fact we have some of the worlds finest peaks and fairest plains. I just picked up the flat-lands or Flams from the gymnasium in Brussels and Den Hage.

I hope no one did anything silly outside the American embassy, today I really do. Those Americans can be very aggressive with no provocation at all. An almost primordial fear aggressive response, they think the world is their enemy,unless it speakes English (which is more than what they can do) a self fore-filling prophesy, that is getting nearer and nearer the truth.

breaking news: Americans try and steal precious Thai images of Buddha.

Customs officials stand behind Buddha statues and pieces confiscated from a container at Laemchabang port, Chon Buri on Tuesday. The 172 items, mostly Buddha pieces that made of wood and stone, were destined for the United States. The nationhttp://upload4.postimage.org/1353674/30015829_01_thumb2.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1353674/photo_hosting.html)

October 10th, 2006, 16:23
Not to worry, dear: the Thai police are protecting the US Embassy. And we all know that they have never been known to shoot anyone without provocation. Right, dears?

October 10th, 2006, 16:44
Not to worry, dear: the Thai police are protecting the US Embassy. And we all know that they have never been known to shoot anyone without provocation. Right, dears?

I cant believe what scum, trying to plunder the Thai nations most sacred images. I find this behaviour inexcusable and worthy of the highest condemnation. I think all Americans should be finger printed on entry, this is an extremely disturbing trend.

October 10th, 2006, 19:56
I've always perceived NZ as a pretty forward thinking nation..I hope so..I'm due to spend 2 months there very soon in Wullington. Are there any gay clubs there ?

Smiles
October 10th, 2006, 22:20
. . . and how much is an 'off' in Wullington?

Cheers ...

October 10th, 2006, 22:24
And will the bars be open on the Queen's (Elizabeth, that is) birthday?

Aunty
October 11th, 2006, 05:42
Homosexual prostitution is entirely legal in New Zealand. I'm sure that Pearl will find many agreeable young gay kiwi men to practice her New Zulland on while she spends some time in dullest Wellington. I just hope she's not expecting to pay Pattaya prices for a bunch of dried fruit and a slap and a tickle. She needs to budget about 4000 Baht, an hour. Of course if she does develop a yearning for more Asian flavours while away, might I suggest she returns to what she's most familiar with. A stroll along the docks with the fishermen, bearing a wining smile and a bottle of booze.

And I further suggest she packs a lot of trousers apart from her usual very short skirts. Apart from the fact that Wellingtonians will be extremely grateful to be spared the site of her legs, given Wellington's reputation for gale force southerlies straight off the Antarctic ice shelf, she may spare herself the unpleasant sensation of a blast of ice-cold air up her fanny, as well as the unsettling site of taking off like an aged Mary Poppins, without the umbrella.

Oh and if she comes back with tales about how the earth moved for her, well it probably did. She's going to be living smack bang right on top one of the world's major fault lines. I hope she likes earthquakes.

October 11th, 2006, 07:25
Oh I am sure there wont be nearly as much crack as Aunty is making out, those faults are as steady as Pearl after a bottle of rum. No Pearl will have the place all to herself, endless exploration of all the old fisher folks rank with pent up frustration, and when she's bored she can always suck on a fishermans friend.http://upload4.postimage.org/1360598/130112.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1360598/photo_hosting.html)

Aunty
October 11th, 2006, 07:39
Oh yes, I wonder if she likes smoking mackerel?

October 11th, 2006, 08:06
Cedric, I've noticed most of your posts these days are America bashing. I hardly think GB is the cause of all the worlds problems. Give it a rest. We all know you hate America.

October 11th, 2006, 08:39
Cedric, I've noticed most of your posts these days are America bashing. I hardly think GB is the cause of all the worlds problems. Give it a rest. We all know you hate America.

No they are not, I know GB always jumps into bed with which ever President America has at the time but I hardly think they are the cause of all the worlds problems. Perhaps they did cause a lot of trouble during the colonial era though.