PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok guide wanted!

Marsilius
October 8th, 2006, 14:52
I am taking a friend to Bangkok for a few days in November.

I have often "done" the main tourist sites myself, but would like to make this a special trip for my friend by hiring a knowledgable guide for a day's round tour of Grand Palace, Wat Po, Wat Arun, a klong trip in a long-tailed boat, etc. [I'm also doing Jim Thompson's house but know that the English speaking guides are great there and the parties they conduct quite small.]

I'd like someone who can do the convincing "history" elements as well as just facilitating entry and pointing things out, etc.

It doesn't matter whether the guide is male/female, gay/straight or young/old.

Anyone have any recommendations?

October 9th, 2006, 09:19
Hello there, Marsilius,

I'd like to recommend Chalermchai "Phil" Duangsuwan, a licensed independent tour guide based in the Bangkok area. He has a great command of English and will give your friend a well-planned tour with lots of ideas and insights. His rate is very reasonable...in fact, I thought it was dirt cheap.

I'm not sure which days he will be available in November as his calendar is filling up quickly, so best to e-mail him at philstoursbkk@hotmail.com with your friend's planned tour dates. He'll reply quickly to let you know of availability and arrangements.

Good luck and I hope you and your friend have a great trip.

American Don

October 9th, 2006, 09:46
Oops! I got the e-mail address wrong. It is philtoursbkk@hotmail.com.

Good luck again

Don

Marsilius
October 9th, 2006, 11:20
Wonderful! Many thanks - I'll e-mail him right now.