PDA

View Full Version : Thai Lingerie Workers To Rally

October 8th, 2006, 09:01
Thai lingerie workers to rally
07/10/2006 10:57 - (SA)

Bangkok - About 1 000 Thai lingerie workers planned to protest outside the United States embassy in Bangkok over a labour dispute, said Aunty, a union member, on Saturday.

The protest would defy the post-coup government's ban on staging rallies.

The laid-off workers from Gina Form Bra, which makes underwear for US apparel giants like Pearl, Victoria's Secret, Calvin Klein, and Gap, will rally on Sunday to demand severance payments.

Thaksin Shinawatra's government was ousted in a bloodless coup on September 19. Thai military leaders have since imposed martial law, scrapped planned elections, banned public gatherings and threatened action against media.

But the union member said the lingerie workers had no choice but to protest and insisted their planned gathering was not politically motivated or inspired by Edith.

"Of course, we are afraid of martial law, but we are really suffering," said the union spokesperson Smiles.

"Our rally has nothing to do with politics and the new government should understand our problems," he said, referring to the government of Thailand's military-backed premier Surayud Chulanont.

Owned by Hong Kong's Clover Group, a leading maker of high-end lingerie, Gina Form Bra employs 1 600 workers. Women make up 95% of its workforce. The other 5% are esteemed members of SGF.

Clover told Gina Form Bra earlier this month that the company would shut down its operations in Thailand by the end of October and transfer its businesses to China.

The union member said the laid-off workers would demand 97 million baht (about R21m) in severance payments and free cheeseburgers from the Nook.

October 8th, 2006, 09:43
few people know that I was the first lingerie model in 1925 when Hymie Wyngarten of Yonkers invented the very first Over the Shoulder Double Boulder Holster and asked me to ease my ample bosom into it and step out into Times Square at midday creating a sensation.

Traffic came to a standstill , horses bolted and stockbrokers leaped from buildings although some claimed that was something to do with the Stock Market Crash. My crash came shortly after when Mrs Wyngraten noticed Hymie's wandering hands extended beyond adjustments to the world's first bra.

###there is serious side to all this with the odious WalMart internal memos in the US having been revealed..older workers or ones with leg problems are to be encouraged to not sit down and they want to create an 80% part time staff ( shifting the payment of health care onto other taxpayers) with no-one staying longer than 2 years. As the largest employer in the US, their products are mainly produced in China already posting the world's largest profits.

October 8th, 2006, 09:52
AGEING POPULATION
Kingdom's 'elderly explosion'

Demographers warn of serious implications
Nation

Oh my gawd soon she'll be in every sinlgle nook and cranny.

Aunty
October 8th, 2006, 10:24
AGEING POPULATION
Kingdom's 'elderly explosion'

Demographers warn of serious implications
Nation

Oh my gawd soon she'll be in every sinlgle nook and cranny.

Oh, she's been there already, honey. And more than once!

October 8th, 2006, 10:29
Eeek!! just heard Kim Il Jong, is expected to set of his nuclear explosion today, I hope he doesn't miss and hit Canada instead, poor Mr Smiley.

October 8th, 2006, 16:41
Thai lingerie workers to rally
But the union member said the lingerie workers had no choice but to protest and insisted their planned gathering was not politically motivated or inspired by Edith.

Their Rallying Cry:
DOWN WITH UNDERWEAR!

I assure you, I had nothing to do with it--But Aunty once sued her bra for non-support.

BTW: I just received an email invite to a "Dungeon Party" in New Zealand. I'd go but I'm afraid I might end up as the buffet--But if Aunty's going (There's so much more of her, why'd they want tough little me?) I'll be there with bells...er...chains on! Haven't had Moo Yarng in quite a while.

October 8th, 2006, 18:02
as you know I am soon to travel to some place called Wullington in New Zulland...perhaps we can go together. I could tell you of the time I spent at a Dungeon Party in London with a Lady Of the Night & a High Court Judge in a bathtub full of raspberry jelly.

October 9th, 2006, 07:34
I you of the time I spent at a Dungeon Party in London with a Lady Of the Night & a High Court Judge in a bathtub full of raspberry jelly.

Is this the source of Dungeoness crabs? Can I get wholesale from you? We eat anything in China. Seeeeur, even hairy crabs, in heat now!http://upload4.postimage.org/1342217/c324a1.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1342217/photo_hosting.html)

October 9th, 2006, 13:29
as you know I am soon to travel to some place called Wullington in New Zulland...perhaps we can go together. I could tell you of the time I spent at a Dungeon Party in London with a Lady Of the Night & a High Court Judge in a bathtub full of raspberry jelly.

Well, talk about a dull party! But it reminds me of one at which I got plastered:
But, to tell the truth, I tried that bathtub business once--But they told me it was vanilla custard--But for a little joke, they used plaster of Paris. But (Yes, there were a lot of butts at that party.) the joke was on them, fortunately: I got an erection, from looking at all those butts, and busted out!
There are so many strange partys in London and that party was full of them. One young man kept telling me he was Randy, and I kept saying, "I'm Edith." Finally, he sighed, impatiently, and asked if I wanted to have a go at it--So I punched him.
He ran away and directly came a rather sinister looking older chap, also named Randy, who told me he was a film star.
I asked what films.
He said Treasure Island.
I told him I'd never seen it: it was thirty years before I was born.
He said, it was the one with sound.
I said, "yes, was there another?"
Still; he, through gritted teeth, invited me to his estate, in Shepherd's Bush, (!) to look at some art films.
I asked if he had any Rank ones...with Lawrence Oliver or Merle Oberon.
He remembered he was parked on a yellow line and rushed off.
Another man had a god complex: delusions of grandeur--Or whatever it's called. He introduced himself as The Lord Hmphphr-pffts-sinjin-garumph snort.
I asked to see his scars, thinking of the stigmata, of course.
He told me the only scar he wanted to show me was his Hmphphr-pffts-sinjin-garumph circumcision.
I asked if he was sure he could find it amongst all the...folds.
It seems parking spaces were at a premium that night.
I went home with the only (other) sane person there: a young bar keep who promised he had something that could bust plaster. (There were so many bits still clinging I couldn't get my knickers on.)
And he did!
Funny, his name was Randy, too.