PDA

View Full Version : Auto pilot engaged

October 7th, 2006, 21:11
Are you a robot set on auto pilot?

Reading some post from this board, (& other boards), why is it usually a case that many people seem to do the same thing, or recommend the same things to newbieтАЩs, as I would like to think that there is sooooo many more choices preferably & equally accommodating placeтАЩs;

Go to beach, & always site at the same coloured orange chairs, even though its can be hard to get a seat here at high season, & the other choices of seats are so vast.

Go to sunee & dine at a certain bar owned by 2 farlangs & their Thai manager Oud, but there are so many more bars to drink at.

Staying with sunee area, why do we mainly seem to read about a certain hotel beginning with H & has a thai owner called Punya. But yet the Paradise Inn hotel is literally around the corner from this place.

Maybe itтАЩs a case, that where the aboveтАЩs are mentioned, is because that this is a known safe option to newbies, & then they donтАЩt try any different. But what about the oldbies, surely there is more to pty than this?
Do these specific places go hand in hand with reading this board? You mainly hear comments of certain people working at these establishments, or the service that one experienced, but then you rarely hear the service one gets from the purple chairs or other bar 4 doors down,тАжтАж

Or maybe I should be asking what put these venueтАЩs in the lime light initially, & why are they still much favoured to this day, discussтАжтАжтАжтАж.

-The ubiquitous comments of Elton John & ocean towers are welcomed solely as тАШbump upтАЩ purposes only.

October 7th, 2006, 23:46
but that's Sir Elton John & Ocean 1 Tower to you ! :cheers:

October 8th, 2006, 02:03
Reading some post from this board, (& other boards), why is it usually a case that many people seem to do the same thing, or recommend the same things to newbieтАЩs, as I would like to think that there is sooooo many more choices preferably & equally accommodating placeтАЩs or places? I can think of two reasons straightaway
1 The obvious is easier to find, so for newbies a good option
2 Why let some newbie or other general hoi polloi in on some favorite spot one has cultivated?

paulg
October 8th, 2006, 05:55
Molly used to own Balcony before the current owners

he can usually be seen there before dinner, after which he is in full flight at Tawan

October 8th, 2006, 06:13
Molly used to own Balcony before the current ownersMore accurately Molly had a minor shareholding and allowed his name to be used (the bar, known as Molly's Jump, was more widely referred to as Molly's Dump)

October 8th, 2006, 08:41

Reading some post from this board, (& other boards), why is it usually a case that many people seem to do the same thing, or recommend the same things to newbieтАЩs, as I would like to think that there is sooooo many more choices

We men are creatures of habit, you might notice we go to the same country (unless we live there) the same city/town/village/hillstation/cluster of huts, year after year sometimes more than three times a year. We yearn after the same distant fantasies (ocean 1 towers) with the same vague hope, it's just our nature.

October 8th, 2006, 09:52
Sort of like penguins.

Aunty
October 8th, 2006, 10:28

Reading some post from this board, (& other boards), why is it usually a case that many people seem to do the same thing, or recommend the same things to newbieтАЩs, as I would like to think that there is sooooo many more choices

We men are creatures of habit, you might notice we go to the same country (unless we live there) the same city/town/village/hillstation/cluster of huts, year after year sometimes more than three times a year. We yearn after the same distant fantasies (ocean 1 towers) with the same vague hope, it's just our nature.

Well I don't know about you guys, but a lot of us do keep going back to the same areshole.

October 8th, 2006, 11:26
Aunty, and you aren't even Antipodean. Dart em up the arse will you?

October 8th, 2006, 11:28
Sort of like penguins.

Lemmings, more like it.

allieb
October 8th, 2006, 13:00
Its simple. If you keep shitting in the same places and encourage others to do the same, More flies gather to feed.

Aunty
October 8th, 2006, 14:00
Aunty, and you aren't even Antipodean. Dart em up the arse will you?

Oh Cedric, how wonderful to be still in your 20's!

I am so an antipodean. I'm 100%, Pure and Natural, New Zealander. 5th generation to be precise, and we're slow breeders! My grandfather was a prisoner of war in Germany. In the First World War!

October 8th, 2006, 15:53
Aunty you are a chicken, 48 or so? Well beyond the teething stage, unlike poor Pearl, it's all gums with her. Or did that last implant survive the coup?
Believe me Tante Kiwi, you never want to return to your twenties, it's heart breaking for everyone. I feel like I am in a thousand pieces, a little bit for everyone, when all I want to be is my own man.

October 8th, 2006, 16:05
Sort of like penguins.

Yes, nuns are often creatures of habit! :banghead:

I almost got it on with a nun, once--But I couldn't get in the habit! :banghead:

Homi is right: I never, ever recommend a hotel or restaurant you really like to strangers--Keep out the rif-raf.