PDA

View Full Version : Babylon Barracks Suites

sydneyboy
October 6th, 2006, 05:53
Has anyone stayed in the suites at the Babylon Barracks? Their website gives 2 types Baroness Suites and Bvgari Garden Suites.What is the difference between the 2 and what is preferable? Any specific advice from people who have stayed at either the Baroness or Bvgari or both would be appreciated. Also what is the service like? Are the staff friendly?

October 6th, 2006, 06:41
The garden suites are not opened.

Service is ok... breakfasts are nothing to write home to Mom about. Don't expect a huge american breakfast with cooked eggs and crackling bacon. The Babylon is totally gay and everyone there seems to (or needs to) watch their figure.

The big draw about the Babylon is its proximity to the sauna. With your 2 complimentary entries, you are in the best position to hit the sauna at 12 noon to grab the deck chairs. That's if you're prepared to spend all your time at the sauna. Have never had much luck cruising the shared bathrooms in the evenings. Not much of "open door" orgies either.

sydneyboy
October 6th, 2006, 06:47
What do you when you say their Garden Suites are "not open"? Their web site states that the Baroness and Bvgari Garden Suites are "open all year round".

TrongpaiExpat
October 6th, 2006, 11:52
The garden suites must be the name their using for the new construction just to the right of the entrance. There's no garden there yet. I was looking at them a few days ago from the construction fence. They look a little small. I don't know when they will be finished.

sydneyboy
October 6th, 2006, 15:42
Thank you for your contributions to date. For as long have looked at their website they have referred to "Baroness Suites" and "Bvlgari Garden Suites". Any construction that is going on now would be in addition to these suites as described. My question remains has anyone stayed in the suites as distinct from the "barracks" accomodation?

October 6th, 2006, 15:53
"Bvlgari Garden Suites", eh?

A prediction: they will receive a letter from Bvlgari's lawyers asking them to cease and desist from using their service mark in their business operations. After all, Bvlgari is now in the hotel business in addition to jewelry and toiletries. They have been for a while now.

What a stupid thing for Babylon to do.

yaraboy
October 6th, 2006, 22:36
There are 3 Garden Suites. One may be long term rented, hence 2 breing advertised. They are located in area behind swimming pool and for any special services or breakfast you have to go to main building. I have not stayed in them but looked and they are nice but not large in size. Rates are 2500++ baht

sydneyboy
October 7th, 2006, 02:39
According to their website the Baroness Suites (in the plural) are 2500-4500baht a night and the Bvlgari Garden Suites(in the plural) are 3000-4000baht a night. Where these prices ranges mean they vary in size/and or quality or reflect seasonal price variations is not explained.

October 7th, 2006, 06:32
Does anybody know if they have one double bed in the regular barrack room (e.g. cheapest room with shared bath). I stayed there last year alone, but they gave me a room with two single beds. I would much prefer one double bed.