PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle joiner fees?

October 6th, 2006, 04:51
Sorry to revisit this subject again, but I'm in the process of making reservations in Bangkok. It was reported on here recently that Pinnacle was once again contemplating joiner fee's. Has anyone stayed there recently that can give an update?

October 6th, 2006, 04:58
Another question.
Does it help to avoid the fee if you arrive as one and book for two?

wowpow
October 6th, 2006, 05:12
I checked with Jimmy on 24th September and he told me that occasional customers had been charged. It rather depends on who is on duty at the desk. I think if you keep your key and walk in on the side away from reception you will be OK but there is a chance it will not.

The last time I stayed the Joiner's fee policy was live. A friend took a joiner back with him went to reception and asked for a safety deposit box where he put the boy's ID card and collected later when done. No mention was made of joiners fee.

If you are keen on the Pinnacle then book a double room for two persons and if challenged get your companion to register.

October 6th, 2006, 08:06
I had a friend who turned up (no reservation) at Pinnacle and definitely was charged a joiner's fee for his visitors while he was there