PDA

View Full Version : Has gaybutton removed his message board or not?

January 22nd, 2006, 04:15
As usual I visited all the boards for a quick look before breakfast

This morning gaybuttons entire message board seems to have been cleared

As I am having problems logging into this forum ATM, it might just be my server playing up. Anybody else having problems with SF?

elephantspike
January 22nd, 2006, 04:21
Wow!

That is strange. It appears new posts can be made, but the old ones are gone. I guess his webhost must be having technical dificulties again?

Gaybutton (http://www.gaybutton.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID1&archive=)

Aparently he did go ahead and follow my suggeston and re-posted the archives after the last time this happened:

Gaybutton Archives (http://www.gaybutton.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?forum=DCForumID1&az=list&archive=yes)

The dates are all Dec. 15 2005, but the topics are actually over a year older than that. That was just when they were reposted.

elephantspike
January 22nd, 2006, 04:36
Aparently he's back on again already. :cheers:

Smiles
January 23rd, 2006, 00:03
It's back, but not quite right.

The topics used to be listed by date posted, but now topics are all over the map, hard to make sense of the flow.
Now this doesn't matter too much I suppose as 98% of the "Topic Starters" (as well as the replies :clown: ) are posted by either H*dd* or G*yB*tt*n ~ 'not that there's anything wrong with that' ~ but I rather like to view at least a sense of a logical continuum.
Is that too much to ask?

Cheers ...

Smiles
January 23rd, 2006, 08:05
. . . though actually it was easy. I missed the simple click-fix & apparently others did as well.

This from GayButton today:

By GayButton

6. "RE: What happened?"
Jan-22-06, 06:12 PM (GMT)

If I understand correctly, some are having problems with the order by which the messages are sorted. The sorting order is under your own individual control. Most people prefer that the most recent messages and/or replies appear first. If that is not happening for you, the way to fix that is for you to look in the blue box at the top of the list of posts. One of the options says, "Last Updated Date/Author."
If you click on that option, then messages should sort themselves according to posting date, and that should resolve the problem.

Wheeeewww ... what a relief!

Cheers ...

January 23rd, 2006, 20:01
Today I tried to get on the website more times, but I cannot.
So is it Closed? or what have happened?

Smiles
January 23rd, 2006, 20:22
GayButton will not load for me right now.

GB has had that message board software and system for a very long time now and has had regular crashes over the years (at least one I recall wiped out the entire topic lineup).
EZBoard was not great for sure ~ it had one massive meltdown last year ~ but GB's seems inherently unstable (which would be appropriate considering the main posters there, but I'll keep quiet about that :blackeye: ).

Hope he gets it back up as to be honest I enjoy reading the messages over there. Much more gentlemanly than THIS cornucopia of filth!

Cheers ....

January 23rd, 2006, 20:27
Poor old Hedda's had to close down the comments section of the Bog. Apparently the more clever of his readers (ie. a couple of guys) have worked out how to post as Hedda (or pretty much anyone else). The dummy has been spat (that's baby's pacifier to all you star-spangled bumpkins - it's what babies do when throwing a tantrum)

Smiles
January 23rd, 2006, 20:38
Apparently the more clever of his readers (ie. a couple of guys) have worked out how to post as Hedda (or pretty much anyone else).
Oh fuck!! Just one MORE thing for "guess-who" to get blamed for.

Cheers ...

elephantspike
January 24th, 2006, 00:36
This is different from the last time. The last time, only the message board crashed. The main site was fine. Right now, I can't even get the main page to load.

I hope he gets it fixed. I like reading that board, too.

January 24th, 2006, 06:34
... about you! :cherry:

elephantspike
January 24th, 2006, 06:40
Hedda's had to close down the comments section of the Bog

The Bog (http://radiofreesawatdee.blogspot.com/)

I was able to leave a message there just now. Still nothing at Gaybutton, though.

Smiles
January 24th, 2006, 06:48
... about you! :cherry:

Oh yeah? Read the ghastly Bog carefully from start to finish Mademoiselle Hommy . . . 'Smiles' is the Head-Hydra; the Hydra-of-Hydras; the Altus-Mons-Hydra: The Womb-from-which-all-Hydras-Emerge; The Queen-Bee-Hydra; The Great-Hairy-Vagina-Hydra ('Our Lady of the Blessed Gash'); The Lord-Thy-Hydra.

Frankly (to coin a phrase) it's all extremely dehydrating.

Trust me, I'd be more than glad to pass the honour over to you! Perhaps I should have a chat with H*dd* about this.

Cheers ...

The Bog

I was able to leave a message there just now. Still nothing at Gaybutton, though.
PS ... ElephantSpike ... was it your now famous FYH!! solilquy. :cheers:

elephantspike
January 24th, 2006, 06:50
Well, at least it doesn't have anything to do with me. I'm just window-dressing around here. :flower:

January 24th, 2006, 07:07
Yes but Smiles you take it seriously. It's a game. Treat it as such. OK, nasty things have been said about you but 99.99% of posters on this or any other Board don't know who you are, 99.99% of the queens who live in or travel to Thailand don't know about this or any other Board, and very few people really care. Hedda is one of them. Do you want to let yourself to be dragged down to that level - a pathetic old queen, living in a seaside brothel, with time on her hands and a clinical obsession? There is a world outside these Forums and if you continue behaving as if the lunatic asylum is the only reality (or indeed a form of reality at all) then you do yourself a huge disservice. I know I keep wittering on about the Four Noble Truths and most of the time I'm poking fun at the more po-faced members of this Forum when I mention them. However, letting the opinion of others determine your sense of self-worth is a cause of suffering and you bring that on yourself; no-one else does it to you

Smiles
January 24th, 2006, 07:18
Yes but Smiles you take it seriously. It's a game. Treat it as such.
And all this time I thought I was treating it as a game. And you are part of it.
Do you honestly think that over-the-top pile of hyperbole above was serious? Good lord man, you are not the only one in BoardieLand who's thing is stuck firmly in his ~ er, cheek . . . we just have different ways of going at it.
Now, Farang Boss ... there's a man who takes it seriously :blackeye:

(This post is ~ on the other hand ~ "SERIOUS").

Cheers ...

January 24th, 2006, 07:20
I guess it gets to the point we have discussed many times - the failure of Elephantspike to provide an Irony Indicator

Smiles
January 24th, 2006, 07:28
I guess it gets to the point we have discussed many times - the failure of Elephantspike to provide an Irony Indicator

How about this one as an indicator: :ky:

A tube of KY with a happy face attached has gotta be ironic on a Board full of queers.

Cheers ...

elephantspike
January 24th, 2006, 07:29
PS ... ElephantSpike ... was it your now famous FYH!! solilquy.

No. That was my evil twin. :evil4: I am always civil. :fucyc:

January 24th, 2006, 19:44
A tube of KY with a happy face attached has gotta be ironic on a Board full of queers.

Only if it comes with a morning after pill! :bs: