PDA

View Full Version : Visa Renewal

Richsilver
October 4th, 2006, 16:27
I just finished renewing my retirement visa here in Pattaya this afternoon and I can report that this is even easier than before!

As reported in Pattaya Today and Thaivisa.com, they are no longer requiring a medical certificate for renewal. I used the letter from the US embassy for proof of income and as before, they accepted a copy of the (three year old) letter, but they did want to see the original.

A few changes: they now take a digital picture of you (in addition to the photo you provide) and the visa stamp in your passport has a block that says "RETIREMENT".

All and all a piece of cake!

October 4th, 2006, 18:43
they now take a digital picture of you (in addition to the photo you provide) and the visa stamp in your passport has a block that says "RETIREMENT".By any chance were you able to see the laptop screen while they were taking someone's picture?

They are using a basic, low resolution web cam, and the background in the office is brightly lit while there is no light directed at the applicant's face, so the picture that registers on the screen, and presumably saved on the hard drive, is of a very underexposed face with little detail, with a brightly lit, detailed background.

But, it's the effort that counts! ;-)

October 4th, 2006, 21:51
But, it's the effort that counts! ;-)Remember, in Asia, it's form over substance every time