PDA

View Full Version : British Embassy and income for Retirement Visa

October 4th, 2006, 00:33
Having been caught out with the new immigration rules, i.e I haven't had the 800,000bht in my account for the 3 months when my visa is due (16th October), I will go to the British Embassy and get proof of income.
Can any one tell me what paperwork I need to take?, I know that the American Embassy just seems to take your word as to how much income you have, but I can't see the British Embassy making it that easy!!!..Any views/help appreciated.

wowpow
October 4th, 2006, 04:39
Before rushing around I would talk to The Thai Immigration Office. If they bring in a new rule on 1st October which is recently announced then they can hardly expect people to have made the required arrangements before the rule was announced. I would think it likely that the requirement will apply to persons making application for Retirement Visas from the end of January i.e. 3 months after the rule started.

Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120. Telephone 287-4948 (direct line) or 287-3101-10 ext. 2236)

I would also say that the only source of this information to date is Pattaya Today which is not alway a reliable source of fact.

October 4th, 2006, 07:41
I also agree even Thai immigration officials aren't that harsh, to expect you to know of a rule in advance. If your passbook shows a normal flow in and out, I seriously doubt they will enforce that rule right away. However, if you have a large innie immediatley followed by a large outie, be prepared to be put on the hotseat.