PDA

View Full Version : Pay Economy Fly First

October 3rd, 2006, 20:12
THAI Airways is offering a special birthday gift to all Gold members : Redeem a free ticket using mileages at half price, that is equivalent to "Pay Economy Fly First".

I have just called THAI to book a free return FIRST CLASS ticket from London to Sydney with a stopover in Bangkok in each direction for travelling early next month and the booking is instantly confirmed!. The regular mileages required for this trip is 170,000 miles but as a Gold member I paid just 85,000.

Another excellent benefit from THAI's Royal Orchid Plus.

THAI AIRWAYS SUBERB NEW PRODUCT

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/chuckwow/thaifirst.jpg

When the Summer 06 schedule became effective last Spring Thai Airways officially introduced their innovative retrofitted 747 400тАЩs operational on their double daily service non stop service to Bangkok.

The ultimate First Class in-flight comfort arrived with the launch of THAIтАЩs latest seating. It provides customers with 180 degrees of recline, converting into the most comfortable of beds. One of the key features of these state-o тАУthe-art seats is the legroom, which following the removal of four seats, provides almost seven feet of space in which to stretch out.

There are now ten seats in Royal First Class with a 76тАЭ pitch, width 21.84тАЭ, lie flat.

Elle and Guy Laroche comfort wear are offered to passengers with sleeping blindfolds and slippers. The amenity kit are from Hermes and Bvlgari.

First class menus include Caviar, Lobster and the award winning Don Perignon тАЩ96 Champagne. Main courses can be pre-ordered from an extensive menu through ThaiтАЩs London Reservations Department.

Each seat in Royal First Class is equipped with LCD screens, telephone and computer access with PC outlet 115VAC which is compatible with most laptops

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/chuckwow/thaifirst01.jpg

October 3rd, 2006, 20:16
Business Class will cost just 62,500 miles for the same trip. But I have got several hundreds thousands of mileages in my ROP account so I have chosen to indulge myself in First.

Brad the Impala
October 3rd, 2006, 22:34
Ok, so you think that you are going to be really comfortable really cheaply.

I would have been jealous.......except I was upgraded to First recently and found the new seating, as per the photographs, not nearly as comfortable as it looks. There are a lot of controls/options for seating positions, that the cabin crew didn't understand. I worked it out, but could never find a comfortable position for the lumbar bar.

Ok it's better than cattle anyway!

October 3rd, 2006, 22:46
Which plane did you fly - Airbus 346 or Boeing 747 ?

I worked it out, but could never find a comfortable position for the lumbar bar

They do not allow passengers to sit/sleep on their knees and bend over then. :geek:

Brad the Impala
October 3rd, 2006, 23:16
747 from London

October 4th, 2006, 20:42
Hi,
I also enjoyed the cheap reward ticket recently. Although I had been flying in the new Royal First Class a few times already I enjoyed the feeling that it was as superb as ever, but this time now came 5.000 тВм cheaper (normally 6.000 тВм minus the 75.000 miles, which I should value at 1.000 тВм).
ItтАЩs another example of how well Thai Airways treats its best customers. Some other companies like Lufthansa go out of their way to do similar things, but to become one of their prime customers you have to fly like 2 or three times more.
80.000 miles during two consecutive years on Star Alliance (like Lufthansa, Austrian, Scandinavian, Swiss, South African, Singapore, ANA or even United if you really want to fly with an American Airline) already will make you Thai Gold and you retain this status for another two years, which is much better than most other frequent flyer programs.

October 4th, 2006, 21:53
... "pay Economy, fly First"? The ticket is free