PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my flight dates?

October 1st, 2006, 22:56
Well I went to a small travel agency to book my flight to Thailand,I have just realised I gave them the wrong dates.They gave me a E Ticket.I cannot see them till Tuesday due to a public holiday here in Sydney.The thing is,am I able to change the dates of my departure and arrival?
Someone at work told me with discount fares you cant change them?Another one said I could probaly with a fee,So I dunno.Anyone here a travel agent?
On the ticket,it has NON ENDORSED/REFUND,VALID ONLY BRITISH AIRWAYS.
Not sure if that means anything? All i want to do is change the dates? Will that be a big problem?I dont know whether to contact the travel agent or go to British Airways office?

Does this mean you might not be able to make it to Thailand this time? I'm sure all the Pattaya residents are leaping up and down with joy and shouting Yippee !!

October 1st, 2006, 22:58
Go back to the travel agent and most likely for a fee you can change the dates.

dab69
October 1st, 2006, 22:59
on how much "large charge" they add
for changing dates-

I have frequently wanted to stay an extra week
but dont want to pay an exorbitant sum,
especially at such short notice

October 2nd, 2006, 00:03
Depends on the rules of the ticket.
Normally, you can change the dates.
A typical charge is $150 USD.

October 2nd, 2006, 00:37
Depends on the rules of the ticket.
Normally, you can change the dates.
A typical charge is $150 USD.

Yep - i know this to my cost! I missed a flight for reasons i wont go into lol - and it cost me ┬г100 (7000 baht) at don muang to change dates.

The words to look for on the ticket are "Non Transferable" - that mean u must pay unless you get an inexperinced check in person !

andrewcraig
October 2nd, 2006, 06:59
If your travel agent is in Sydney why dont you ring talkback radio for help

I am sure that Allan Jones would bend over backwards to help such a devotee.

Listen to SYDNEY S TALK BACK RADIO

www.2gb.com.au (http://www.2gb.com.au)

October 2nd, 2006, 08:17
Here's what I found from the Google search:

"the tickets are NON-endorsable, which means that if you do not use them exactly as booked, they are of no value. You cannot get your money back (non-refundable)"

October 2nd, 2006, 09:43
Can you imagine what kind of kaos billyboy will cause when he actually does arrive in LOS? He's blaming everyone else for his own mistakes. I hope there is a reception committee waiting for him to show him what we think of barebacking fools.

andrewcraig
October 2nd, 2006, 10:06
Not sure if that means anything? All i want to do is change the dates? Will that be a big problem?I dont know whether to contact the travel agent or go to British Airways office?

You should have stayed with your 5 and a half hour flight.
BA flights take over 9 hours, same every day

Flight : BA0010 Non Smoking
Operated By : British Airways
Departing From : Sydney
Mon 9 October 2006, 16:40
Arriving At : Bangkok
Mon 9 October 2006, 22:50
Number of Stops : 0
Flying Duration : 9hrs 10mins
Aircraft Type : Boeing 747 jet

October 2nd, 2006, 11:48
Its got on it, NON ENDORSEMENT,NON REFUNDABLE,VALID ONLY ON BA.

Now what does Endorsement mean? Why dont they write these things in english.

Billy, as an ex-travel agent (over 25 years ago) I'll translate (from English to English?):

Non-endorseable = cannot/will not "endorse" the ticket to use on another airline

Some fares, like unrestricted economy fares, can be "endorsed" (i.e. "signed over to") another airline so you can change airlines. The fare you paid prohibits that possibility.

It does not necessarily prohibit changes to the flights/dates on BA, but other rules for the fare you paid might.

Not sure how the banking system works in Australia, but in American we "endorse" bank cheques (actually: checks <g>) to another person, meaning we transfer the check to them to use/cash. Similar concept.

October 2nd, 2006, 13:52
The main thing I do agree with is that changing ticketed reservations can be quite a hassle. It all depends on all the restrictions placed on them. You can only call the airline to verify (but, of course, you can't call them now) unless you managed to retrieve yourself and printout, and read, (and understand) the tremendous amounts of fine-print restrictions that you automatically are deemed to have agreed to everytime you ticket. Be careful, the rules change rapidly these days and, like credeit card agreements, they can be changed at will of the corporations at any time and forced to be complied with, even the rules that you already aqreed to.

Some tickets departures can't be changed. Others involve costs. Amazing! You CAN pay "over the phone" by credit card in Thailand. Actually u aren't doing this, but some airlines can charge your reservation change fine to the original card you used to purchase it, say if you bought it in the west on a website like Orbitz. So as you sit at home here, you can face a changing return home situation and feel comfortable with the fact that every time you change your return flight that the $250.00 for the RESERVATION change can just be charged to your card, without your physically going in to sign each time!

October 2nd, 2006, 20:23
Billy wrote :

A Thai example to let you understand !

Thai Army Chief Gets King's Endorsement
Thai army chief who led coup has king's endorsement, pledges to hold elections by October 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand, Sep. 20, 2006
By DENIS D. GRAY Associated Press Writer

(AP) The army commander who seized Thailand's government in a quick, bloodless coup pledged Wednesday to hold elections by October 2007, and received a ringing endorsement from the country's revered king.

Gen. Sondhi Boonyaratkalin also hinted that ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may face prosecution.

Sondhi said he would act as prime minister for two weeks until a new leader is chosen by the Council of Administrative Reform, that an interim constitution would be drafted within that time, and that Thailand's foreign policy and international agreements would remain unchanged.

Australia called the coup a "great disappointment," while Japan urged the quick restoration of democracy. The European Union condemned the military takeover, while Washington expressed concern about it. The United States, Britain and other nations also warned their citizens in Thailand to exercise caution.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej appointed Sondhi as head of the council "in order to create peace in the country," according to an announcement on state-run television.

"All people should remain peaceful and civil servants should listen to orders from Gen. Sondhi Boonyaratkalin from now on," it said.

Sondhi led a precision takeover overnight without firing a shot, sending soldiers and tanks to guard major intersections and surround government buildings while the popularly elected Thaksin, accused of corruption and undermining democratic institutions, was in New York attending the U.N. General Assembly.

Asked at a news conference if there would be moves to confiscate Thaksin's vast assets, Sondhi said that "those who have committed wrongdoings have to be prosecuted according to the law." He did not elaborate.

In launching Thailand's first coup in 15 years, Sondhi said on nationwide television that the overthrow was needed "in order to resolve the conflict and bring back normalcy and harmony among people."

"I am the one who decided to stage the coup. No one supported me," Sondhi said.

State-run television also announced that the new leaders had dismissed the state audit commissioners and given additional powers to the auditor general Jaruvan Maintaka to investigative government corruption. Analysts said the move is expected to make it easier for Jaruvan to investigate allegations of corruption involving Thaksin and his ministers and could eventually lead to the confiscation of his assets.

The British Foreign Office said Thaksin was to arrive Wednesday in London on a private visit. A spokeswoman for Gatwick Airport said a chartered Thai Airways jet was due to land there around noon EDT.

The Thai Embassy in London said it had no immediate information on Thaksin's whereabouts.

A British government spokesman said Thaksin had no meetings scheduled with Prime Minister Tony Blair or other officials.

Bangkok, a city of more than 10 million, was calm Wednesday, and most residents appeared unfazed. About 500 people gathered outside army headquarters Wednesday afternoon to lend moral support to the military, chanting "Thaksin Get Out!"

The council put the country under martial law and declared a provisional authority loyal to the king, seizing television and radio stations and ordering government offices, banks, schools and the stock market to close for the day.

The unexpected coup rattled Asian financial markets and pressured the Thai baht and other regional currencies, though its economic repercussions remained unclear.

Nearly 20 tanks _ their machine gun barrels festooned with ribbons in the royal color of yellow _ had blocked off the Royal Palace, Royal Plaza, army headquarters and Thaksin's office at Government House.

In the afternoon, the tanks began shifting from positions in downtown Bangkok. It was not immediately clear whether the tanks were withdrawing, or merely changing positions. Government public relations officials said they could not immediately comment.

Asked whether there would be moves to confiscate Thaksin's vast assets, Sondhi said that "those who have committed wrongdoings have to be prosecuted according to the law." He did not elaborate.

The Nation newspaper in Bangkok said several senior government officials and others close to Thaksin had been arrested, their fates unknown.

It said they included Deputy Prime Minister Chitchai Wannasathit and Supreme Military Commander Gen. Ruengroj Maharsaranond.

Agriculture Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan, one of Thaksin's closest political associates, fled to Paris with her family, it said.

In Washington, the State Department said it was uneasy about the military takeover and hoped "the Thai people will resolve their political differences in accord with democratic principles and the rule of law."

Australian Prime Minister John Howard described the coup as a "great disappointment," adding that it was a reminder of an element of Asia's past he had hoped would not return. "We condemn military coups," Howard said. "They are a throwback to a past I had hoped Asia had emerged from."

Japan also called for the quick restoration of democracy in a country where many of its top businesses have factories and affiliates.

The European Union joined condemnation of the coup and said "the military forces stand back and give way to the democratically elected political government."

China described the coup as "an internal affair of Thailand" and made no public judgment. "The friendly relations between China and Thailand will continue to develop," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said.

The International Monetary Fund, which bailed Thailand and some of its neighbors out of a financial crisis in the late 1990s, was closely watching the situation but believed the region would be little affected, said the IMF's chief, Rodrigo de Rato.

"Thailand's economy is fundamentally strong," de Rato said.

The U.S. Embassy, in an e-mail to its citizens living in Thailand, said while there had been no reports of violence, Americans should "monitor the situation closely, avoid any large gatherings and exercise discretion when moving about the city."

"At this point, we are not advising Americans to leave Thailand; however, Americans planning to travel to Thailand may wish to carefully consider their options before traveling until the situation becomes clearer," the e-mail read.

Britain told its citizens in Thailand to stay in their homes, while Japan, Australia and Canada similarly advised caution.

Thaksin, a telecommunications tycoon before entering politics, handily won three general elections since coming to power in 2001 and garnered great support among the rural poor for his populist policies.

But he alienated the urban middle class, intellectuals and pro-democracy activists. They began mass street demonstrations last year, charging him with abuse of power, corruption and emasculation of democratic institutions, including media that were once among Asia's freest.

The bloodless coup was the first overt military intervention in Thailand since 1991, when Suchinda Kraprayoon, a military general, toppled a civilian government in a bloodless takeover. He was ousted in 1992 following street demonstrations.

http://upload4.postimage.org/1293782/imageXSL11609200932.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1293782/photo_hosting.html)

October 2nd, 2006, 21:11
Billy wrote :

Thai army chief who led coup has king's endorsement, pledges to hold elections by October 2007

What the hell has that got to do with someone asking advice about changing his flight tickets? Dummy! :banghead:

dab69
October 3rd, 2006, 06:10
maybe they can get a fat midget trollrate for you

October 3rd, 2006, 18:00
All i want to do is change the dates?

You're worrying about changing your flight dates.
Everyone else is hoping you will change your destination.
For some place warmer.
Much, much, much warmer. :evil2:

Meanwhile, to put it politely; go open a whore house. One where you are your own best customer.
To illustrate; here's a picture of you...And you: :sex:

Aunty
October 3rd, 2006, 19:07
Well I went to a small travel agency to book my flight to Thailand,I have just realised I gave them the wrong dates.They gave me a E Ticket.I cannot see them till Tuesday due to a public holiday here in Sydney.The thing is,am I able to change the dates of my departure and arrival?
Someone at work told me with discount fares you cant change them?Another one said I could probaly with a fee,So I dunno.Anyone here a travel agent?

Mate I don't think you've got any problems at all! No worries mate!

You go back to that bitch in Chinatown and explain to her that she's cocked the whole fucking thing up. Tell her this is your holiday, these are the only dates you can travel and it's really important to you that you get these dates sorted out, and fast!

Tell her you're going down to Pattaya, mate, to fudge pack as many lady-boy sluts as you can get ya paws on and your cock up. You know tell her you get them to put on bright red lipstick - they doll themselves up real pretty for you - you like to see the red around the old fella, and when you've finished rooting them you slap the bitches hard right across their filthy mouth, as it makes you feel big to knock the cunts around a bit; make em bark like a dog. I mean you do toss them a few baht.

And on your second night, tell her you're planning to go chicken dancing nude down the beach, and when you're walking there, you'll be keeping an eye out for any old, white shoe wearing toffy poms, they're pooftas! You'll be singing out to them 'ya dirty cunts'. Let her know what those dirty bastards are up to and that you'll be stopping them from trying to slip one in you by keeping your back to the wall.

I mean let her know that this trip is very important to you. It's all planed and worked out, down to the very last minute and I'm sure that once she finds out what it is exactly you have planed she'll do the right thing. I mean why wouldn't she? You're a nice guy, right?

And if she doesn't, well then smack the cunt right across her snout. That'll fix it.

October 4th, 2006, 04:34
Billy wrote :

What the hell has that got to do with someone asking advice about changing his flight tickets? Dummy! :banghead:

What the hell you have to do whit my post to Billy ? You where that Camel driver Super Dummy ?

October 4th, 2006, 17:58
What the hell you have to do whit my post to Billy ? You where that Camel driver Super Dummy ?[/b]

Illiterate Moron! I suggest you go away and learn how to read and write English before joining in discussions on an English speaking forum.

October 4th, 2006, 23:41
I suggest you go away and learn how to read and write English before joining in discussions on an English speaking forum.Comments like that are simply guaranteed to lure Thai members to participate in the forum. Is it any wonder why Thais don't post here often?

sjaak327
October 5th, 2006, 00:27
What the hell you have to do whit my post to Billy ? You where that Camel driver Super Dummy ?[/b]

Illiterate Moron! I suggest you go away and learn how to read and write English before joining in discussions on an English speaking forum.

First of all, I guess he is hardly illiterate, otherwise he wouldn't be able to write in the first place. Secondly I wonder how many languages you speak, I mean who are you to discourage someone from posting, even though English is not his native language ?

jimnbkk
October 5th, 2006, 01:25
I just returned from LOS having changed my return flight on Thai Airways from 26 October to 4 October. I did this at a travel agent in Pattaya ( the one near Howards on Soi VC) and it cost me only 160 baht total. I had a confirmed seat BKK to JFK, and wait listed on American Airlines down to Washington. Because that plane was 'oversold' I elected to go over to La Guardia airport and fly from there because they have flights every hour to Washington. That was also a no cost change. The only charge was the taxi from JFK to La Guardia.

So it can be done. I changed only 1/2 the trip, so it's not exactly like Billy says, but bottom line was it didn't cost me anything and I had the cheapest tickets available on Thai Air.

dab69
October 5th, 2006, 05:45
NOW NOW GIRLS,PLEASE DONT HIT EACH OTHER WITH YA HANDBAGS,YA DONT HAVE TO FIGHT OVER ME,BOTH OF YOU CAN GET ON YOUR KNEES IN FRONT OF ME ANYTIME AND HAVE YOUR BIG MOUTHS OPEN.

we would still be talking "down" to you....

October 5th, 2006, 08:03
Illiterate Moron! I suggest you go away and learn how to read and write English before joining in discussions on an English speaking forum.I guess Davina is not one of those who would welcome Thai contributors to our happy little family
http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... php?t=9360 (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9360)

October 5th, 2006, 16:43
I see this thread is totally devoid of any mention of the fabulous new OCEAN 1 TOWER ( units stilll available) complex that is soon to rise at Jomtien Beach.

Why is that so ? I think we should be told.

Aunty
October 5th, 2006, 16:47
I see this thread is totally devoid of any mention of the fabulous new OCEAN 1 TOWER ( units stilll available) complex that is soon to rise at Jomtien Beach.

Why is that so ? I think we should be told.

Good lord women, do you always get so excited over large erections?

October 5th, 2006, 18:29
Don't keep us in suspense Billy

What happened at the Travel Agency once you finally got there? Did you smack the "cunt" in the mouth like Aunty suggested?

Or did she realise it was her job to read fat midget trolls minds and change the booking?

Did they apologise for their lapse in customer service by not benig there for you at 3 am on a public holiday Monday morning?

And did your old stupid Bosses call you a fuckwit again?

What about the homeless old man and the Arab Taxi driver? Did you see them again and claim back your $4.00 overpayment?

And what about Old Yeller? Was he reconciled with Arliss and the Bear?

Will Monty still welcome you with open arms and 10 Niddy's Cheesburgers on your arrival?

Will you get to do the chicken dance down Jomtein way later this October?

Please finish the story Billy - it is no less than your duty as a gormless moron

October 6th, 2006, 07:53
I have only ever had to change flight tickets once and that was with the oh so lovely Qantas group. I popped into the offices in Sydney (they were a bit of a bugger to find as they had just relocated and nobody seemed to know where they were), sat waiting for all of 2 minutes before my number was called, chatted with the pleasant Oz lass while she fingered her keyboard and for $25 Australian, I changed my flight dates. No problem. Actually, whilst I was chatting with her it came up that I would also, at some stage, need to change a future flight (with a connected airline), she asked me if I knew what dates I wanted to change to, I gave her the dates and she quickly changed those for me too and didn't charge any extra. You gotta love Australians.