PDA

View Full Version : Avalon Resort

October 1st, 2006, 22:37
Last year I took a quick look at this and it looked nice.

Does anyone have any experiences of staying here?

wowpow
October 1st, 2006, 22:43
Not personally as I live nearby. People that I know stay there and like the rooms very much - spacious and comfortable with good 4* facilities. I have yet to hear anyone make a positive remark regarding their catering. The location is, of course, splendid and the have a buggy to run you to and from the gate on Thappaya Road. Rooms seem to be often discounted to 2200 baht - ish out of season if you contact them direct. They are gay friendly - no joiners fee. In truth they don't seem to have many customers and make little publicity.

http://www.avalonbeachresort.com/

October 1st, 2006, 23:52
Thanks for the info, when I was in Pattaya last year I took a look at the rooms and they did look rather nice.

When you say no joiners do you mean no joiners fee? or no joiners allowed?

atri1666
October 2nd, 2006, 00:00
When i look their room-rates i can not stop smiling.Can stay cheaper in dusit or in sofitel silom when i book here in germany.

mercedes
October 2nd, 2006, 02:53
I stayed there shortly after they opened and was very impressed with everything apart from catering..food quite expensive and service poor...if you are staying more than a week insist on a discounted "long term" rate for room...they always give it but never offer it..have a nice stay

mercedes
October 2nd, 2006, 02:53
I stayed there shortly after they opened and was very impressed with everything apart from catering..food quite expensive and service poor...if you are staying more than a week insist on a discounted "long term" rate for room...they always give it but never offer it..have a nice stay

October 2nd, 2006, 17:57
.food quite expensive and service poor...

I stayed there in July. Rooms are quite well appointed but as someone else has said in another reply to this thread they are over-priced and you can get far better for the same money at some of the 4* and 5* hotels in BKK. I agree the food is barely average and expensive for what you get and the service is very poor.

All in all the place is very convenient for the gay beach but apart from that there are far better places to stay at lower cost.