PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger!

October 1st, 2006, 16:30
Drop by and try Niddy's famous cheeseburger -- the tastiest in Pattaya! For the entire month of October, Niddy is offering a special to Sawatdee Forum Members ONLY...

PRINT OUT THIS EMAIL AND BRING IT TO THE NOOK TO RECEIVE 30% OFF PATTAYA'S TASTIEST CHEESEBURGER!

Where? Soi Day Night One (just across from Sundance Karaoke!)

See you at the Nook!

Respectfully Submitted,
Niddy's Nook Promotions

www.niddysnook.com (http://www.niddysnook.com)
** Try Our Tasty Chicken Sandwich Too! **

wowpow
October 1st, 2006, 17:02
Is the Cheeseburger still priced at 180 Baht ?

October 1st, 2006, 17:03
What a load of crap !

October 1st, 2006, 20:34
xxx

October 2nd, 2006, 00:04
I'll be there!

allieb
October 2nd, 2006, 00:34
I'm going to be in Pattaya in October. I will go there but not for the cheeseburger. Who the fuck goes to Thailand for a fucking cheeseburger? (expats excepted). A bit of home cooking reminds you why you left in the first place.

I'm going to go out of interest and see if any other poster from this board is there. I have already decided which ones of you are genuine and which ones are either fictitious or just fucked up.

Who else will be there and what day?

October 2nd, 2006, 00:35
I will be there everyday prompty at 1 PM.

October 2nd, 2006, 00:40
I will be there to explore the fabulous cheeseburger myth with camera in hand in around 10 days time.

October 2nd, 2006, 01:01
Is the Cheeseburger still priced at 180 Baht ?... is the cheeseburger still over-priced at 180 baht?

October 2nd, 2006, 02:43
I think it is a bit of a cheek for the promoters of Niddy's Nook to keep playing the "gay" card and blatently advertising on this board. For a crap restaurant, of all things. Just because it is run by a gay man and his boyfriend. I think it is wrong. Food isn't gay, for god's sake. The only time I "eat gay" is in the confines of my room, tee-hee.

I will share my one and only experience of Niddy's Nook.

I went there nearly a year ago, with a Thai friend. I decided to try it as it was mentioned a lot on the message borads. We had to wait ages for the food we ordered, while a member of staff went out on his scooter to buy the ingredients. When has anyone seen that before?. Not me. The food, when it eventually appeared, was just about passable and nothing to write home about. My friend was being polite when I asked him how it was and he said "okay". You could have sued his face for slander.

As with many things in Thailand, it is "up to you". But IMHO there are so many much better restaurants around.

Anyone care to counter my negative comments with details of good experiences at Niddy's?

Siteef
England

October 2nd, 2006, 03:04
Food isn't gay, for god's sakeI think the "gay" of gay businesses is overdone but I guess it has to do with level of personal comfort/safety, likelihood of meeting common-minded people (given the diversity of opinion shown even in this small corner of the cosmos that has to be open to doubt), and possibly supporting gay business people on the basis of solidarity, protecting gay livelihoods etc.

If I'm out with some gay friends I'd rather go somewhere I know we'll be welcome and where, possibly, the Cute Factor among the waiters will provide distractions when the conversation flags. I would prefer a gay tradesman to come into my house because the chance of getting a disapproving breeder is still reasonably high (ie. greater than 5%). I'm certainly not going to shop at a gay grocer or McDonalds (unless the shop is the most convenient)

However exactly the same principles apply for people who believe that they should "buy British" or "buy American" because it is protecting local jobs. If you believe in such a theory, by all means "buy gay". Personally I'll buy whatever brand gives me the greatest level of utility (convenience, reliability or whatever) and its origin (the factory down the road or across the world) is something that doesn't concern me

Smiles
October 2nd, 2006, 03:11
" ... Anyone care to counter my negative comments with details of good experiences at Niddy's?Siteef ... "
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Just type "Niddy's Nook" into the Search field at the top of each page. In the case of The Nook, you'll get 31 pages!! ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... y%27s+nook (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?search_keywords=niddy%27s+nook) ) . . . some saying much the same as you do, some like the place a lot.

Niddy's (and any mention of the place) used to start a raging niagra of postings some time ago. Things have calmed down lately: perhaps the cheeseburgers have improved. :blackeye:

Give Niddy's a break. It's not like Chris floods the Board with these types of posts and offers.

" ... and where, possibly, the Cute Factor among the waiters will provide distractions when the conversation flags. I would prefer a gay tradesman to come into my house... "
. . . . in the case of our beloved Member Homintern, this is just a red herring. A euphemism for " ... and where, possibly, that cute Thai boy will come over and sit on my face ... "

Cheers ...

daa raa
October 2nd, 2006, 10:58
My Thai friend and I went to Niddy's Nook in late February. We both had the famous cheeseburgers. They were overpriced and nothing special. The cheeseburgers at the Flamingo Hotel are much better. I have no intention of returning to The Nook.

October 2nd, 2006, 11:35
I've been to the Nook three times, and have been satisfied with the food and service each time. I rarely get to that neighboorhood in the afternoon/evening or I would eat there more often. (I usually go to Tukcom late morning just after they've opened, but too early for The Nook.)

Last time I was there I had the "daily special" of chicken cordon bleu and it was perfectly done. I had fish and chips which were good, though I was hoping for English "chips" rather than American "french fries". I had the burger when he first opened, and it was good, but I think he's changed it since then? I've not tasted any of the Thai food choices yet, though I would hope that Niddy should be able to do them well, as well.

Chris has been there each time I've eaten there and has been friendly and chatty, when I wanted him to be. I've never considered eating alone to be a social activity, so once the food arrives, the conversation stops and he politely keeps his distance.

October 2nd, 2006, 12:57
My friend was being polite when I asked him how it was and he said "okay". You could have sued his face for slander.

Maybe i dont get out much - but i never heard that before lol

Priceless!

October 2nd, 2006, 13:12
You can tell a thoroughly successful and internationally well applauded coup when Niddy's cheese burger is back up in discussion. Oh, it's going to be like the good old days, after all.

Can someone please do a spot of undercover reporting and produce a nice clear picture of Niddy's cheese burger and chips, both open and closed if encased in a bun? I think we need to see it for ourselves, a few side shots of the waiters might be useful as well.

October 2nd, 2006, 13:16
One of the things about running a business is you have to be a good actor and be nice to everyone and listen to people....

A good actor, perhaps--But, in your case, it might require a Meryl Sreep, Helen Mirren, Maggie Smith and Bette Davis all rolled up in one. Opps! Scratch that, Bette Davis would take a gander at you and say, "What a dump!" or tell you to go take one.

My friend was being polite when I asked him how it was and he said "okay". You could have sued his face for slander.

Maybe i dont get out much - but i never heard that before lol Priceless!

I wonder if O's friend is the same one who told Pearl, Jenny Craig has a warrent out for her arrest?

October 2nd, 2006, 18:12
Give Niddy's a break. It's not like Chris floods the Board with these types of posts and offers.

What planet are you living on! :angryfire:
Promotions of Niddys Nook, claiming the place is the best thing to have happened since the flood, are regular events on this and other boards. It is this very fact that the owner is making exaggerated claims for what is a run-of-the-mill cafe serving just about average food that pisses off so many people. :pukeleft:

October 2nd, 2006, 18:18
Oh, dear. Such a waste of sarcasm.

October 2nd, 2006, 19:49
My Thai friend and I went to Niddy's Nook in late February. We both had the famous cheeseburgers. They were overpriced and nothing special. The cheeseburgers at the Flamingo Hotel are much better. I have no intention of returning to The Nook.

I did stay in Flamingo hotel last Feb. The food was excellent in the hotel, same it was at Niddy's Nook. I not like to look like Billy so i don't eat hamburgers. I had a great time at Niddy's and looking forward to be there soon again ! :flower:

October 2nd, 2006, 22:47
...here we go again. 28 posts in about 27 hours.
Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I'll be in Pattaya in mid Nov and I'm gonna make sure to put on my socks and sandals and head right over to the Nook to see what all the fuss is about.

:salute:

October 2nd, 2006, 22:49
...here we go again. 28 posts in about 27 hours.
Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

I'll be in Pattaya in mid Nov and I'm gonna make sure to put on my socks and sandals and head right over to the Nook to see what all the fuss is about.

:salute:

Bad taste will fit right in at the Nook!

October 4th, 2006, 14:16
I've been to the Nook three times, and have been satisfied with the food and service each time. I rarely get to that neighboorhood in the afternoon/evening or I would eat there more often. (I usually go to Tukcom late morning just after they've opened, but too early for The Nook.)

Last time I was there I had the "daily special" of chicken cordon bleu and it was perfectly done. I had fish and chips which were good, though I was hoping for English "chips" rather than American "french fries". I had the burger when he first opened, and it was good, but I think he's changed it since then? I've not tasted any of the Thai food choices yet, though I would hope that Niddy should be able to do them well, as well.

Chris has been there each time I've eaten there and has been friendly and chatty, when I wanted him to be. I've never considered eating alone to be a social activity, so once the food arrives, the conversation stops and he politely keeps his distance.

This is also my experience with this place. I have eaten there several times, and the cheeseburger is just as they advertise it. Big, delicious and juicy. It comes on a home-made bun and is served with onion, tomato and lettuce. The owners are very friendly, but aalso know when to leave you alone in peace.

highly recommended.

Proxy Man

October 4th, 2006, 15:50
A "home-made bun", eh?

According to the owners, it is not "home-made" at all, but "bakery fresh".

Leaves the accuracy of the rest of your review a bit under a cloud, wouldn't you say?

October 4th, 2006, 16:07
A "home-made bun", eh?

According to the owners, it is not "home-made" at all, but "bakery fresh".

Leaves the accuracy of the rest of your review a bit under a cloud, wouldn't you say?

i dunno about the "home made" or "bakery fresh"... OR about the cloud or whatever.

but, what i do know is that niddys makes a damn good burger and serves it on a big fresh bun.

October 4th, 2006, 16:20
Interesting, isn't it, how these unknown posters come out of the woodwork to compliment Niddy's, when the only reviews of established, well-known forum members have been fair-to-middling (at best).

October 4th, 2006, 18:10
Interesting, isn't it, how these unknown posters come out of the woodwork to compliment Niddy's, when the only reviews of established, well-known forum members have been fair-to-middling (at best).

The unknown posters are probably the owner and his close friends hydra posting - he does it on the Gay Thailand forum regularly. The owner himself uses the handles "American Teacher" and "A Rose by any other name" all the time and who knows how many others. He is a con merchant.

October 4th, 2006, 19:06
t's probably the owner and his close friends hydra posting

hydras on this board? no way!? well, even if some posters (like boygenitals) are hydras, the hype seems to work every time.

October 4th, 2006, 19:11
You may not like what I post, but you don't have to resort to name-calling. You'll also find no evidence that I have ever posted under a differnent handle -- because I haven't. I don't have time for such silly games, like American Teacher / proxyman and Sing Lofty Sing / JollyJackTar, etc., etc. obviously have.

October 4th, 2006, 19:22
You may not like what I post, but you don't have to resort to name-calling. You'll also find no evidence that I have ever posted under a differnent handle -- because I haven't. I don't have time for such silly games, like American Teacher / proxyman and Sing Lofty Sing / JollyJackTar, etc., etc. obviously have.

I have amended my post as I can see how you assumed I was referring to you when it was the "unknown posters" I was accusing of Hydra posting. Apologies for any confusion :salute:

October 4th, 2006, 21:02

I have amended my post as I can see how you assumed I was referring to you when it was the "unknown posters" I was accusing of Hydra posting. Apologies for any confusion :salute:

I wasn't referring to you, Lady Davina. I was referring to our new friend proxyman, who referred to me so wittily as "boygenitals" and came out of nowhere to extol the cuisine at Niddy's Noshery.

October 5th, 2006, 01:07
As a once a year visitor to Thailand and a new member of this board I have been fascinated by the reams of posting about Niddy's Nook.

I have only been there once, in May this year. I found the place serves passable food, although nothing spectacular. The staff were polite but the service was slow. I had chicken and cashew nuts which were OK (took 30 minutes to arrive) but I have to say that I have eaten the same dish in several other venues in Pattaya (Dick's Cafe in Jomtien for one) where the dish has been much better. I did not try the (in)famous cheeseburger about which so much has been written, mainly because I prefer to eat Thai when in Thailand. I cannot therefore comment on it's quality. However, if the standard of them is equal to the standard of the meal I had I would doubt that they are "the tastiest in Pattaya"

I have to agree with others both here and on the Gay Thailand Forum that the Niddy's Nook adverts are too numerous and are misleading and over-egged.

October 5th, 2006, 07:40
It's an American cultural trait to exagerrate about the quality of your products.
So when a brass American promoter says "tastiest cheeseburger" translate that to cheeseburger with grade C meat.
Americans often say that where they are from in the US is "the best" and that the US is "the best" country.
They can't help themselves.
Of course I would never do such a thing!
It is always those OTHER Americans. Not the unique ones.

October 5th, 2006, 08:24
Snowcat wrote in his first post on this forum :

I have to agree with others both here and on the Gay Thailand Forum that the Niddy's Nook adverts are too numerous and are misleading and over-egged.

There are many go not agree whit others here and on the Gay Thailand Forum that the Niddy's Nook is not a good place to visit, have a drink and a meal !

Adverts i have seen only once a month from Niddy's Nook. Other adverts i have seen constantly even from Billy all the time.

It is good if those go have a business in Thailand ask for us to support.

They have mine ! :cheers:

October 5th, 2006, 08:37
Hey! What happens if we push all the buttons at once?

Letmetellu what I saw!
There was a Hydra
wearing socks and sandals
tasting the cheeseburgers
at Niddys Nook last night!

wheee! :cheers: I Win!

:geek:

October 5th, 2006, 10:15
xx

October 5th, 2006, 10:28
... for Maisie?

October 5th, 2006, 17:16
Snowcat wrote in his first post on this forum :

There are many go not agree whit others here and on the Gay Thailand Forum that the Niddy's Nook is not a good place to visit, have a drink and a meal !

Different people have different opinions or views on the same subject. I think that the Nook is an average restaurant and I personally would prefer to eat the same food, better prepared and cooked, elsewhere. You think that it is a good place to visit.

Both statements are fine.

However it is not right for the owners of the Nook to dupe new visitors into the place by dubious adverts.

Everyone should have their own opinion without being attacked for expressing it, as has happened in this and other threads on the restaurant here and elsewhere.

October 5th, 2006, 17:47
But snowcat, isnt that just what advertising tries to do? How many ads do you know of that dont use showmanship or state subjective opinions about a product. in my opinion, this isnt even a case of showmanship as the cheeseburger really is very good.

Smiles
October 5th, 2006, 18:13
" ... Co-Runner up: JOHN BOTTING Property & car rentals ... "
Talking about John Botting ???????????? .........

Anyone?

Cheers ....

TrongpaiExpat
October 5th, 2006, 19:04
John could be having Proxy problems. It's hard as hell to get in here sometimes.

As a Bangkok resident I am required several times a year to visit Pattaya. If for nothing else than to meet other Bangkok expats who claim they would not be caught dead in Pattaya.

Anyways, I am due in the Brothal-by-the-sea Monday and was wondering if I need reservations to dine at the nook? With over 1300 views to this topic queens must be lined up at the door to take to sample the food and moan and moan on how bad, good, fair or otherwise.

Brad the Impala
October 5th, 2006, 19:17
If for nothing else than to meet other Bangkok expats who claim they would not be caught dead in Pattaya.

This made me laugh. I hope that you have never met the Colonel or BG there. Or should that just be, I hope that you have never met the Colonel or BG!

Report please on the Gay Thailand Forums most famous cheeseburger. No you can't eat anything else, only if it is an accompaniment to the aforesaid.