PDA

View Full Version : High Season Over???

January 21st, 2006, 18:01
Just wongering how things are going in pattaya. I hope the bars owners are making enough to hold them thru the slow seasons.

January 21st, 2006, 18:15
Just wongering how things are going in pattaya. I hope the bars owners are making enough to hold them thru the slow seasons.

Did we have any high season this year? Bangkok has been fairly quiet. :scratch:

January 21st, 2006, 18:26
Same thing people I've heard people saying every year for the past 15 years.

January 21st, 2006, 19:43
Same thing people I've heard people saying every year for the past 15 years.
That's as may be,but this year the "busyness" of the bars in Silom Soi 4 was very patchy - in previous years it was consistent. I also found from the circle of people known to me as high-season regulars that quite a few said "No, maybe not this year. Thailand's not quite so much fun any more"

hulljake
January 22nd, 2006, 01:42
What about rain? When I was in Pattaya last April, things were pretty dire with water being trucked into the city every day. Did the rainy season fill the reservoirs sufficiently, or is that how it is every year after Songkran?

Good excuse to share a shower though :-)

January 22nd, 2006, 02:48
I have a lot off friends , staying in Patong at this moment and they never seen it so quit as this year. They even not go out every night because there is not to much fun and not to many people. Soon it will be the Phuket festival, i hope all off you stay in Thailand , lift up the Phuket festival, and join it, they need all support we can gives them.

January 22nd, 2006, 03:14
Baziel may I assist you in your struggles with English so that in the future some of the more simple of your errors are removed... unless you are doing it on purpose...

You wrote, I correct thus ( ---) I have a lot off (of - never make that mistake again... 'off' is to do with boys) friends , staying in Patong at this moment and they never seen it so quit (quiet... 'quit' is giving up - an easy one) as this year. They even (insert 'do' here) not go out every night because there is not to (to is to do with doing something, too is like 'very' in this context, which is the word you should have used) much fun and not to (same same) many people. Soon it will be the Phuket festival, i (always an upper case I) hope all off (and of course here we should have 'of' - how interesting that you can spell 'Thailand' and 'friends' correctly but these simple and common rules escape you) you (your) stay in Thailand , lift up the Phuket festival, and join it, they need all support we can gives them. (Your last sentence is too much of a masterpiece to interfer with). I do hope this helps (us all).

January 22nd, 2006, 03:20
Don't go there, sirmrtravels. Balziel claims to Belgian and has an absolute fixation with what he perceives to be Anglophone imperialism. Fortunately (for me) he's one of the three posters I have on Ignore so I never get to read his possibly worthwhile offerings - nor his rants, either

January 22nd, 2006, 03:25
Many thanks for that. But I suspect that his English is entirely fluent and his effort are, as we say in the Empire, a piss take.

Brad the Impala
January 22nd, 2006, 03:27
What Baziel wrote was perfectly comprensible and communicated what he had to say. Isn't that the purpose of language? I am sure that neither he nor anyone else come here to be lectured about their language skills, particularly in such a disingenuous way.

May I second Baziels encouragement to join the fun in Patong from the 2nd to 5th February. I will even be there myself!

January 22nd, 2006, 03:36
Many thanks for that. But I suspect that his English is entirely fluent and his effort are, as we say in the Empire, a piss take.
And that is why I have him on Ignore, assuming that all three are one and the same. NB: We can now expect the pavlovian response over on The Blog - "Colonel unmasks another SF hydra" :geek:

January 22nd, 2006, 06:35
High season depends on the establishment. For some the high season never arrived. For others it has been a great season.

A friend wanting to book a week in Poseiden before easter, is becoming frustrated as the three alternatives he asked for, are all booked out.

Late march is not suitable for him.

Others in Pattaya ATM have said they have had trouble getting dinner bookings at Luxor, Poseiden and L'Olivier in the last week, so for some the high season is still on.

Apparently Symphony is really hard to get into still.

It could be these places are attracting breeders and expats only, but I doubt it.

January 22nd, 2006, 10:07
Thanks, for all, go assist me in my English, i struggle and have a lot to learn.

On this wold wide forum, and guy forum, where races, countries or politics does not matter, but the spirit off guy people and what we all have in comment, or love for Thailand and the Thai people.

I am glad you are lightening, ( even those go put me on there ignore list ), the message above for the Phuketfestival.

Thank you.

catawampuscat
January 22nd, 2006, 10:47
We have all seen farangs who pretend to be Thai boys struggling in English and posting as psuedo Thais..This is usually very obvious and quickly detected and zapped..The moderators have taken baziel under their wings and find his posts charming and amusing and proclaimed him genuine so don't waste your time and of course if you do watch out for your karma count..........

January 22nd, 2006, 11:37
It was difficult for me, i never been on a forum before, i did need assistance, nobody was telling me how to handle on SF. Only one put it in my face, i make to many postings and one liners, telling noting or stupidity. I have done my best to stop that and to day i bring only one post to support the Phuket festival. Some off you find it funny to shoot on the messenger and call me a hydra. I am not a hydra, my name is Chris, living in Brugge Belgium.

I never had any communication in Private mail white the moderators off this forum, only i was asking technical advice for posting pictures in my blog.

I not understand a small posting for support the Phuketfestival, brings so much commotion about baziel.

Let me be what i am, and you will not see me to much, but just let me writing , if my hart go's to Thailand, i suppose this is Way this forum is for .

January 22nd, 2006, 12:01
Good on ya Bazil.I know you are not the typical anglo saxon,but thats ok,some people especially Americans are racist on this board.You see there people dont even help their own.They have TV advertisements in Australia asking for donations to help Huricane Katrina victims,yes its left up to us fighting rioting Aussies to dip into our pockets when we are not blueing each other to help the Americans.Dont worry about them mate,they are all racist against any other country,they want to take control of everything.There govt even hates its own people.They left them in the huricane and went off to fight in the war.Baziel mate im on your side pal,dont worry about the racists on here.Mate i dunno where bloody Belgium is but its probaly a good country just dont try to immigrate here to Australia we are having enough probs with middle eastern people here at te moment who are fighting us.No dont wory Baziel ,mate keep posting .
" I COME FROM THE LANDDOWNUNDER,WHERE WOMEN GLOW AND MEN CHUNDER" CANT CANT HEAR THE THUNDER,YOU BETTER RUN YOU BETTER TAKE COVER" I MET A MAN IN BRUSSELS,HE WAS SIT FOOT TALL AND FULL OF MUSCLES,HE SAID DO YA SPEAKA MY LANGUAGE ,I JUST SMILED AND GAVE HIM A......VEGEMITE SANDWICH.
YOU BETTER RUN YOU BETTER TAKE COVER,CAUSE I COME FROM THE LANDDOWNER,DO YOU COME FROM THE LANDDOWNUNDER

January 22nd, 2006, 12:26
Thank you mister Sydney, but i have some real friends in USA, one off them even takes his time to comes over from California ( i find him on this SF forum ) and will visit me in Thailand next feb. We have a lot off costumers from USA in Belgium and in my city Brugge . Your opinion about people from USA is a lot different as mine as i see them as warm and good educated people.

Other hand, last year i had the fun of my life together 2 friends from Australia not guy, but very open mind. They rent a big big house in Phuket and my Thai friend did cook the food for them everyday. They have been in Belgium and Brugge, and i can tell you i missing my Australian friends a lot.

Have a good time mister Sydney.

January 22nd, 2006, 16:43
A True Tale in Rhyme

I once met a young dark eyed young man from Brugge,
on the train from Paris to Amsterdam.
He promised to show me Brugge--
All he showed me that day was his coucher. Hot Damn!
I especially liked his chambre ceiling--
and the most sensational feeling,
as I lay on his duvet?...douvet?...FEATHERBED!
And...head...with kiwi jam and chocolate-hazelnut spread!
Three days later and two quart down--
One of each--
what a beech--
and so pale I needed rouge,
I kissed him adieu on a brick bridge in Brugge,
and finally departed for Amsterdam.
(Oh, damn....) :crybaby: