PDA

View Full Version : Phuket - Pattaya

September 27th, 2006, 22:04
I am planning on visiting Phuket for the Gay Mardi Gras at the end of March, next year. I would like to go straight from Phuket to Pattaya is it possible by air. If so which carrires fly from Phuket to Pattaya, times and days. Thankyou in advance guys for any advise.

September 27th, 2006, 22:23
I am planning on visiting Phuket for the Gay Mardi Gras at the end of March, next year. I would like to go straight from Phuket to Pattaya is it possible by air. If so which carrires fly from Phuket to Pattaya, times and days. Thankyou in advance guys for any advise.

You can fly Phuket to Pattaya (U-tapao airport - about 25 Km south of Pattaya) both ways via Bangkok Air. Flights are daily (although some involve a short stopover in Koh Samui to collect/drop off passengers).

You can go the Bangkok Air web site for flight schedules. However, I would wait till you get to Phuket and book via a travel agent there. I found in the past that booking on the net from outside Thailand is more expensive.

neddy3
September 28th, 2006, 06:55
Yes, this route can be flown using Bangkok Airways.

For the distance involved, the flights are quite expensive, as there is no competition on this route.

Liamog
September 29th, 2006, 05:55
I flew from Pattaya (U Tapoa) - Phuket return in August this year using Bangkok Airways. The flight was fine - about 1 hour 10 minutes if I remember right.

I booked the flight in Pattaya at a Travel Agent in Soi VC (a few doors from Howards Hotel) and paid about 6000 Baht (I was charged ┬г86 on my UK credit card). I priced it on the internet from the UK before I went and the price was slightly cheaper at ┬г83. I was told at the time by guys I know that live in Pattaya that my flight was quite dear - so you're probally better booking while in Thailand as it seems this is usually the cheaper option.

It is cheaper to fly from Bangkok - but you have to add on the transfer to BKK from Pattaya (1200 to 1500 baht) and the extra travel (2 hours to Bangkok)? My taxi to Pattaya airport from Sunee was 200 Baht and the journey was about 35 minutes - all booked at the same travel agent as the flight. You decide but I would definitely use U Tapoa if I'm in Pattaya.

September 29th, 2006, 08:44
You are talking about saving a few pound or whatever currency you have (dollars maybe), one of you said 83 pound compared with 86, I cant believe it, we are talking 3 quid here, obviously the cheapest option would be to travel from Pattaya to Phuket without all the going round the houses, its quick and convenient, and can be booked over the internet with Bkk airways, and its best to book early if you want the flight that you want, leave it till you get to bkk and the exact ones wont be available. These flights are fairly full, well they were when I got them and I booked over the internet. On the internet it looks as if the flights return are 5815 bht total at the moment, which is reasonable for the distance involved.

Liamog
September 29th, 2006, 20:06
[quote="WhiteDesire"]You are talking about saving a few pound or whatever currency you have (dollars maybe), one of you said 83 pound compared with 86, I cant believe it, we are talking 3 quid here, obviously the cheapest option would be to travel from Pattaya to Phuket without all the going round the houses, its quick and convenient, :blah5: :blah5: :blah5:

I think you'll find that's what I said if you read my post! :scratch:

"...... I would definitely use U Tapoa if I'm in Pattaya."

I quoted the prices and airport transfer times as the original poster was looking for information about a journey he hadn't actually taken before.

September 30th, 2006, 08:39
You are talking about saving a few pound or whatever currency you have (dollars maybe), one of you said 83 pound compared with 86, I cant believe it, we are talking 3 quid here, obviously the cheapest option would be to travel from Pattaya to Phuket without all the going round the houses, its quick and convenient, :blah5: :blah5: :blah5:

I think you'll find that's what I said if you read my post! :scratch:

"...... I would definitely use U Tapoa if I'm in Pattaya."

I quoted the prices and airport transfer times as the original poster was looking for information about a journey he hadn't actually taken before.

Yep read your post, :pain10: :fart: thoroughly, I was just stating that there was no need to use BKK

lonelywombat
September 30th, 2006, 10:17
From Phuket To Pattaya (U Tapao), 30 MARCH 2007 Economy
Flight Departure Arrival Aircraft Stop(s) Y Fare THB 2,940 M Fare THB 2,500
PG282 14:45 16:20 ATR
go to www.bangkokair.com (http://www.bangkokair.com) and get the flight details and fares

1 Adult THB 2,940 THB 50 THB 2,990

Insurance surcharge USD 2 /person/segment THB 75
Fuel surcharge for domestic routes USD 7.5 /person/segment THB 285
Total THB 3,350