PDA

View Full Version : Nov 11 World Fireworks Championship Bali Hai Pier

Dick
September 27th, 2006, 03:19
I note from Boxer's Social Events Calendar there is a firework championship at Bali Hai Pier on 11th November.
Can anyone tell me the drill for would-be spectators? Does one need a ticket in advance (where from?) or can one pay 'at the door'? Is there seating, or does one just stand in the crowd? Any advantage in actually going to Bali Hai Pier, or would one be just as likely to see everything from a nearby vantage point?
Information welcome please.

Doug
September 27th, 2006, 07:10
I don't see how it could be just one night if it's like similar events around the world. There's usually 3 or 4 countries competing and, because of the time and space it takes to set up, they perform on different nights and combine for a grand spectactular. The fireworks are timed to music and the shows are about 25 minutes long.

I have found these shows unbelievable. Well worth the effort to find a good spot. You want to be able to hear the music. In Toronto you have to pay for the best spots and to hear the music. In Vancouver, the city pays for it through sponsors and the barges for the firworks are placed in the middle of English Bay. The music is simulcast over FM radio so you can sit any where around the bay for a great show.

But then this might be different.