PDA

View Full Version : Ladies of Sawatdee - you are safe now!

September 26th, 2006, 05:42
Open Service bus operation for Lady Bus (Lady Bus)

BMTA opened bus operation for Lady Bus on 30 May 2000 to facilitate and build the safety in using buses service for lady. This is to be saved them from criminals who make a trouble to slash lady's handbag with a knife, steal the value property and money as well as to be saved them from having somone take the opportunity to molest lady passenger in buses. However, they will open Lady Bus operation in route of No. 16, 29, 34, 36, 22, 101, 126, 136, 2 and 11

So if you want Arousal

BMTA arrange Culture Bus Operation (Culture Bus)

On 11 August 2001, BMTA open Culture Bus Operation service to arouse and revive good culture of Thai and to arouse good conscious mind in building good culture on bus journey. Nevertheless, these all buses seat will reserve the rights to children, lady, older, handicapped, Buddhist monks and novice which the gentleman must sacrifice seat for these people who get on busses and no seat. Then, the conductor and the driver will say "Thank You" and "Sawatdee" to the user with polite and respectful manners. Culture bus will run for service people in the route No. 16, 49, 74, 111, no.8, no.10, no9, and no. 80

http://www.bmta.co.th/engversion/eng_version.htm

September 26th, 2006, 13:56
in every part of the country no matter how remote whether in Bangkok or in the country.

In fact the only problem I've ever had was on the no 31 bus in London that travels from Notting Hill Gate to Chelsea when some brute got on to the upper deck and began to feel me up one Saturday morning much to my horror. He stayed beside me all the way from Kensington High Street to Earls Court and then alighted. It was quite a shock.

I caught the same bus every day for a month and the bastard never turned up again.

TrongpaiExpat
September 26th, 2006, 21:11
I remember reeding that 6 years ago and I have never seen one of these Lady Buses. I think it was a momentary idea that quickly got lost along the way. Funny that the web site lived on but the lady bus died.

How about a lady-boy bus?

I notice also that since the subway has opened the AC buses are mostly empty except at rush hours.

As for the funny English, it's priceless.

September 27th, 2006, 17:50
some brute got on to the upper deck and began to feel me up one Saturday morning much to my horror. He stayed beside me all the way from Kensington High Street to Earls Court and then alighted. It was quite a shock.
I caught the same bus every day for a month and the bastard never turned up again.

Telll them about the time you were visiting Chicago and were molested on the subway: She was raped at Chicago Avenue--And though it was Grand!
(Grand Avenue.)
To make it even worse, she'd just been to confession at the cathedral. The priest told her to do the stations. When she got to Madison Street the fuzz ran her in!...and she was Queen-for-a-weekend...in monkey house holding tank.
Covered with nothing but a burly mugger. Did I say, 'A' burly mugger!