PDA

View Full Version : Leif Garett

January 21st, 2006, 12:34
I remember watching "countdown 1970 s reruns " and they had a Leif Garrett singing and as i was only 8yo in 1978 i didnt know him much then but im thinking what a spunk,i wondered what happened to him.
Photos of him now are no longer look like him.
News from www.news.com.au (http://www.news.com.au) to70s idol out of jail
January 21, 2006

FORMER US teen idol Leif Garrett has been released from jail following his arrest on heroin possession charges after he agreed to enter a court-ordered rehabilitation program.

The 44-year-old actor and singer on Wednesday pleaded not guilty to heroin possession and fare evasion after being arrested last Saturday in a Los Angeles underground railway station, allegedly under the influence of a drug.
Garrett has been detained without bail for six days following his arrest in downtown Los Angeles.

Advertisement:
Garrett, whose musical and acting career peaked in the 1970s, has a history of drug-related problems.
day.

elephantspike
January 21st, 2006, 12:55
He was drop-dead gorgeous 20 years ago. Lesson:

Don't do drugs! :sad1:

He is only 4 years older than me, and I used to fantasize about him when I was a teenager, but now, I would give him the cold shoulder, and assuming he is gay, he probably would approach me.

January 21st, 2006, 19:53
I used to screw a hooker who looked a bit like Leif Garrett. He later contracted AIDS and committed (assisted) suicide. As I have mr sydney on ignore I didn't read the original post - but he can't even spell the poor guy's name correctly

January 21st, 2006, 19:58
Spike, I think there are better reasons not to do drugs other than it ruins your looks.

January 21st, 2006, 20:11
Spike, I think there are better reasons not to do drugs other than it ruins your looks.
Indeed - just getting old is a pretty much iron-clad cause for ruining your looks (as you will find now you're on the slippery slope yourself, boygeenyus. I must say however that I thought you were looking particularly chipper the last time I saw you across a crowded room during the Festive Season)

January 21st, 2006, 20:16
Why, thank you for the compliment, Homintern. But are you sure it was me? I wasn't even in Thailand for most of the festive season.

January 21st, 2006, 20:31
What does this Boygeenus look like,i send him flowers in his email but he never replies.I want to see him in a long black wig.He is very smart and must be punished like a slut.

January 21st, 2006, 20:36
I wasn't even in Thailand for most of the festive season.
Oh yes, my people keep tabs on you wherever you are. Even if you were away for most of the season, let's agree that most isn't all

January 21st, 2006, 20:39
Well, I certainly don't recall spending ANY part of the festive season sharing the room with a fat, bald, old Brit. For the brief part I was here, I was in homebody mode.

January 21st, 2006, 20:47
I didn't say it was a social occasion; you certainly didn't stay at home 24/7. A "crowded room" is a suitably omnibus description - I wouldn't take it too literally. As I've reminded you before - knowledge is power, and I don't give mine up easily :cheese:

January 21st, 2006, 20:53
Well, I wouldn't call it "knowledge" since you have no way of "knowing" who I am. You may have met someone about my age, who's lived in Thailand a long time, and who you "presume" is me, but you have no way of "knowing". There are a lot of people out there fitting my description.

January 21st, 2006, 20:57
Well, I wouldn't call it "knowledge" since you have no way of "knowing" who I am. You may have met someone about my age, who's lived in Thailand a long time, and who you "presume" is me, but you have no way of "knowing". There are a lot of people out there fitting my description.Oh, don't kid yourself boygeenyus. I know precisely who you are, just as I know precisely who Hedda is. Let's just throw a couple of words in for good measure shall we? Houston? Thonglor 55? One of my staff was a neighbour of yours when you lived there

January 21st, 2006, 21:00
Lived where?

January 21st, 2006, 21:13
Lived where?
You mean which of Houston or Thonglor 55? Now that would be giving away too much information - and I never give away anything more than I have to, dear boy

January 21st, 2006, 21:43
Thanks...I'll sleep much more soundly tonight knowing that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

January 21st, 2006, 21:46
Thanks...I'll sleep much more soundly tonight knowing that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Ah well, boygeenyus, you've lived long enough in Thailand to gain a passing acquaintance with the fact that the Four Noble Truths teach us that failing to confront our illusions is a cause of suffering

January 21st, 2006, 21:59
what a doll he was but sooo tall. Over 6 foot..but Britt Ekland who I was with at the time said "dont worry-they're all the same lying horizontal".

we tried to fix him up with a very rich gay ARAB (oh they were the days in London when a Saudi Sheik was always on hand to pick up the tab at Annabels or Maunberrys..LMTU will confirm ) and the poor boy went off with him but couldn't perform..returned though with 500 pounds in his pocket so we had a lovely evening ! :cheers:

Smiles
January 21st, 2006, 22:20
A collage of Leifs:

~ Early 70's. A cashmere sweater and a rug
~ Elvis's leathers . . . Reba McIntyre's pose & hair
~ The drug years
~ The Final Embarrassment ... losing on Jeopardy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/leif1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/lief2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/leif1999.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/sawatdeephotos/Images/leifinjeopardy.jpg

Cheers ...

January 21st, 2006, 22:23
"Couldn't perform"? You mean the Arab wanted to bottom? Or Leif couldn't accommodate the Arab's Weapon of Mass Distraction? More details please?!

January 22nd, 2006, 00:43
I was never interested in Leif back in the day. Or any of those other pasty white, pretty-boys like the Cassidy brothers and Peter Frampton. I had a thing for ethnic boys from the very beginning. Scott Baio and Ralph Macchio really did it for me. Don't call me a pedo...they were older than I was at the time (still are, actually...funny how that works!).