PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya/Jomtien postal code?

September 24th, 2006, 11:35
When I bought my Jomtien condo the end of 2004, I was given the address with a postal code of 20150.

The other day when the girls at the reception desk were helping me fill out a form where I had to specify my Tambon/Khwaeng, Amphoe/Khet and Changwat, they excitedly (?) told me that the postal code had been changed to 20260 "a long time ago".

Yesterday I renewed my post office box rental at Jomtien Complex, and asked them if the postal code were 20150 (as their company literature said) or 20260, and the lady there said it used to be 20260, but changed to 20150 about a year ago.

What gives? Did different parts of Jomtien get their postal codes swapped? Are there different postal codes within Jomtien, or what?

jvt22222
September 25th, 2006, 07:10
.............. I live at View Talay Project 1 Building A.......... when using that address as a STREET/RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS I have 20260 as my postal code, which I think is the postal code for the Post Office on Soi Post Office in central Pattaya (one block north of Royal Garden Shopping Mall). This is the Post Office to which my incoming mail is routed and which is thus responsible for delivering it.

I also have a post office box at the Post Office in Soi 5 in Jomtien, which of course is much closer to my residential location ......... that Post Office uses the postal code of 20261.

This leads me to believe that postal codes are connected to Post Office locations rather than residential locations.